Employment CAREER OPPORTUNITY - NEW ROLE: Chief Executive Officer - Alpine Resorts Victoria

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
Could be an interesting challenge for someone with nouse here:

Chief Executive Officer - Alpine Resorts Victoria

I'm sure it will be set up for success and be given deep support from both the Government and Private sectors. I can see those who may have 100s or millions invested in local Victorian Resorts clearly wanting to work in a collaborative and goal driven fashion for the good of all parties. Submit your application today.

About the job​

• Inaugural CEO
  • Lead the future of Victoria’s alpine resorts
  • Drive performance and excellence

Alpine Resorts Victoria
Alpine Resorts Victoria is the newly established statutory authority bringing together the six alpine resorts of Falls Creek, Mount Hotham, Mount Buller, Mount Baw Baw, Mount Stirling and Lake Mountain. Well known for Winter snow sports, the resorts also offer many activities in the “green” season making them popular destinations all year round. As a significant contributor to the Victorian economy, they attract over one million visitors and provide over 10,000 jobs annually. Alpine Resorts Victoria is accountable to the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change and will be responsible for managing the resorts on behalf of the Victorian Government and providing services at each resort, often in partnership with the private sector.

CEO, Alpine Resorts Victoria
As the inaugural CEO of Alpine Resorts Victoria, this is an exciting opportunity to implement change and develop a holistic approach to resort management that balances the unique economic, environmental, social and cultural considerations of each resort. The CEO will apply an innovative approach to developing and promoting the alpine resorts as year-round destinations, growing visitor numbers and delivering a sustainable future. At the same time, the CEO will drive performance and excellence in establishing the new organisation whilst building a positive culture and cohesive team.

Credentials
An experienced senior executive, you will demonstrate sound commercial judgement, a proven track record of leading in complex environments, and will understand the relationship between tourism, economic development and environmental sustainability. Your leadership style fosters high performing teams and drives a positive culture, and you will be experienced in establishing constructive stakeholder relationships with business, industry, government, and Traditional Owners. With a strong understanding of governance, risk, marketing and political nous, you will also work closely with the Board in developing and delivering the strategic plan. Relevant tertiary qualifications and postgraduate studies will be highly regarded.

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
I need to up my risk management game. Then upskill my corporatespeak game immeasurably in order to meet the minimum requirements - but otherwise it would be an awesome gig LOL

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

TOFF

Your face is my case
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Maybe there should be a ski.com.au advisory board overseeing the whole operation? Heaps of experts on here in lots of areas.
Would be the bravest person in history to be CEO of Alpine resorts Vic and to openly post on here.
I can just imagine......

Dear CEO
I recently visited xxxxxxx alpine resort and I have a few complaints.
Snow quality/amount
Price of mountain entry
Price of accom
Price of food
Price of lift tickets
I had to have chains
etc etc etc

PG2736

One of Us
Sep 5, 2013
Melbourne
I would love to do it...but unfortunately dont think it would pay enough to support our current lifestyle and in particular Mrs PG2736's spending habits...

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA
I have no doubt the incumbent will spend almost all their time in meetings on Teams or in offices with Government and Business owners, and very very little time anywhere near an actual alpine resort

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I have no doubt the incumbent will spend almost all their time in meetings on Teams or in offices with Government and Business owners, and very very little time anywhere near an actual alpine resort
CEO at FC does get out on skis and MTB. I think I had read that staff in the new combined organisation could be based in resorts rather than Melbourne. If that's the case they should be able to manage some ski time. Would certainly not be all beer and skittles though. Managing through the last 2 years would have been pretty awful.

Reactions: Chaeron

CarveMan

Tremendous Slouch
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com

Hully

One of Us
May 6, 2004
Kiewa Valley
CEO at FC does get out on skis and MTB. I think I had read that staff in the new combined organisation could be based in resorts rather than Melbourne. If that's the case they should be able to manage some ski time. Would certainly not be all beer and skittles though. Managing through the last 2 years would have been pretty awful.
I reckon they'll be based in Benalla, think that there is a major regional DWELP office there.
I think the past years weren't too hard for them. The State Government made all of the hard decisions for them and underwrote all of there increased costs.

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I reckon they'll be based in Benalla, think that there is a major regional DWELP office there.
I think the past years weren't too hard for them. The State Government made all of the hard decisions for them and underwrote all of there increased costs.
i know what you mean but I also think it would have been pretty tough, especially 2020. state gov might have made decision but reacting to them would not have been easy in many cases

teckel

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Would be the bravest person in history to be CEO of Alpine resorts Vic and to openly post on here.
I can just imagine......

Dear CEO
I recently visited xxxxxxx alpine resort and I have a few complaints.
Snow quality/amount
Price of mountain entry
Price of accom
Price of food
Price of lift tickets
I had to have chains
etc etc etc
You forgot helmets. Oh, and rules stating that my lines (being an artwork) should not be skied over by anyone else. And lift line etiquette. And smokers. And surface lifts should be banned because boarders have trouble negotiating them.

Reactions: TOFF
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

CarveMan

Tremendous Slouch
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I think a lot of that maybe why the current CEO got the job.
Exactly, and it's also why he has been very good.

He has done all the boring but important stuff like fixing sewers and kerbs and roads and bus stops, building dams and bike trails etc instead of commissioning statues and swanning about.

I think it was a bit of a kick in the guts when the restructure was announced that all RMB roles were guaranteed employment under the new regime, apart from the CEOs.

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Gee thats interesting reading.......maybe disturbing reading
The cultural risk associated with private sector individuals must be factored in to recruitment processes for public sector roles. I would prefer to help government build a sturdy stable door than spend my time chasing after horses with expensive tastes that have long since bolted.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass