Day to Day Central QLD weather

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
I’ve been struggling to find which forum all of us are actually posting on nowadays.

Not that there’s much to post about.
I am really hoping for some rain soon, this spring has been absolutely shocking. Another week of hot dry and sunny conditions coming up going into the first week of summer!

Reactions: Vinny and Homer

Rainbow Serpant

One of Us
Nov 5, 2020
Rockhampton / Gulmarrad NSW
I’ve been struggling to find which forum all of us are actually posting on nowadays.

Not that there’s much to post about.
I am really hoping for some rain soon, this spring has been absolutely shocking. Another week of hot dry and sunny conditions coming up going into the first week of summer!

Will be good get a drop or two. But what will probably happen is well get a years worth in a week. Then dry again for the next 12 months.

Reactions: Homer

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Biloela within a degree of its hottest December day on record with a maximum of 40.5c so far (record is 41.4c)
37.1c here in rocky but my god it fair feels warmer than that. Aircon at work is even struggling.

Rain soon please :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Not looking good for follow up rain after this heatwave neither. Ugh.
A08325EC-E9E3-41BA-9302-FFB76B7BB1CF.png

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
791C40DC-EC98-482F-AA47-71EF976B7C78.png
0.8mm for the day (overnight), no storm to speak of. Other than the ones going around us as you can see on that radar image.

Rainbow Serpant

One of Us
Nov 5, 2020
My local area could actually get a lite sprinkle. GFS Rain Accumulation (10 days) has us picking up 4mm. Wow, that would be good for my parched land. Would be nice to get 10mm out of Dec but unlikely in these ultra-dry conditions. Hopefully Jan/Feb has a few clouds about and would love to pic up 20-30mm before the season is over again. But can’t see it happening when it’s so so dry and not a cloud in the sky. Could this be the driest Summer ever for Rockhampton? It’s on the right track to break all the wrong records.
Capture1414147.PNG

Last edited:
Reactions: whether
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
9mm yesterday from some thundery rain. It feels more humid, hope it’s a sign the rains are coming :)

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Literally thousands of ants all along the front fence and gate and around the house too. They’re a large brown ant I’m not that familiar with. I hope this signifies a break in our dry conditions soon. Hot, humid days followed by warm, humid nights. Something’s gotta give.

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
Literally thousands of ants all along the front fence and gate and around the house too. They’re a large brown ant I’m not that familiar with. I hope this signifies a break in our dry conditions soon. Hot, humid days followed by warm, humid nights. Something’s gotta give.

We had a crapload of weird flying ants that flew in overnight last night. Not saying it means anything but like you, surely you'd have to think something has got to give sooner rather than later.

Reactions: RhysD

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Well it’s looking like a cool wet Xmas day here in rocky, am hoping so. I’ll still spend the day in the pool drinking lol.
6DD44F61-7B13-42B9-BAFA-EDE441062DCA.png

I have things crossed it eventuates :)

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Forecast for today should’ve said hot humid and cloudy cos there is no showers or storms in our district to speak of. Cmonnnnnnnn

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
I have a feeling we are going to be lucky to receive a shower tomorrow let alone rain. How depressing.
BoM have revised it down from 20-40mm in this mornings forecast to now 8 to 10mm.
Sigh
5AC2226C-4074-43F2-BE86-1D9865EEC3A8.jpeg

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
I’ve not seen OCF forecast look like this for quite a long time. I think we might get some rain.

AF5B79AA-0650-4B9D-993A-7E09D9AD2A4C.jpeg

Rainbow Serpant

One of Us
Nov 5, 2020
Didn't want to clog up the other thread.

But how depressing is this weather. All the same areas getting rained on. All the same areas missing out. I'm so sick of this.

It certainly is pretty annoying to see the same pattern continue with no foreseeable rain on the way. I know its hard not to associate La Nina events with an increased chance of rain, I am guilty of that. I prepared for extra rain this year by getting 2 dams cleaned out, buying a new generator just incase, looks like I wasted my time and money, oh well. The other point of interest is the Fitzroy River flood gates are now open, so the river is now flowing fresh, albeit below Minor Flood Level, yet we've only had 5mm of rain so far this month.

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Didn't want to clog up the other thread.

But how depressing is this weather. All the same areas getting rained on. All the same areas missing out. I'm so sick of this.
I know how you’re feeling, it’s easier to not think about it half the time as it is just so frustrating. I know we in Rocky are in an area “too far north for southern systems, too far south for tropical systems” but we haven’t even copped a decent storm let alone any decent summer rain to speak of.
We received a hail storm in April that was probably the worst storm I’ve ever seen, since then and even before that it’s just nothing.
Bring on winter, atleast there’d be something to speak about. Even if it isn’t rain, it wouldn’t be so damn hot lol.

Reactions: MegaMatch

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
I know how you’re feeling, it’s easier to not think about it half the time as it is just so frustrating. I know we in Rocky are in an area “too far north for southern systems, too far south for tropical systems” but we haven’t even copped a decent storm let alone any decent summer rain to speak of.
We received a hail storm in April that was probably the worst storm I’ve ever seen, since then and even before that it’s just nothing.
Bring on winter, atleast there’d be something to speak about. Even if it isn’t rain, it wouldn’t be so damn hot lol.

It seems as though we've been experiencing regular doses of your weather down here this season. We've been too far north of any of the storms as well. We've had one decent storm all season and that was way back in early October, the rest were either DOA or at least in their dying stages as they reached us. That's nearly 4 months of a so called 'storm season' without any actual storms. It's really quite ridiculous and having grown up here, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that it's getting worse, with the amount of good storm seasons become less and less.

Reactions: Rainbow Serpant

Rainbow Serpant

One of Us
Nov 5, 2020
The other impact 6 years of low rainfall, especially in Jan is the reduction of successful barramundi recruitment in key nursery areas. Typically these areas require a min of 100mm per month during Dec-Feb for movement between the estuaries and the brackish/Freshwater areas identified as nursery habitats. As a result I’ve noticed a significant drop in the number of small adult and sub-adult fish in the typical estuary locations.

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
I wonder if it's ever going to rain again?

I wish there were more people in this thread. Seems to be just a few of us. Just finding it really frustrating reading through the other thread since none of it is relatable to us.

Reactions: Rainbow Serpant

Rainbow Serpant

One of Us
Nov 5, 2020
Of course it will rain again. Just not how we want it or how it used to be.
Gone are the days of receiving 2 or 3 events per year, mostly in summer where we get 75-125mm in 24hrs, that just doesn't happen anymore, the southern trough/frontal systems are moving further south, while the tropical systems are moving further north, leaving us in the middle slowly heading towards becoming a coastal desert like that seen at a similar latitudes over in Western Australia
RACWA_BroadhurstBaySharkBay_1000x667.png
1442999481401.jpg

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Absolutely pathetic attempt at a wet season. Just a more humid, warmer ‘season’ in comparison to what winter is. Bring on winter. Atleast we know it’ll be ‘cooler’ and that’s something I can actually rely on. Summer warm and dry. Winter cool and dry.

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
What is stopping these storms from going up? It’s just small showers and that’s it.

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Very warm today with a maximum of 39.5c (forecast was 38c)
It was dry for most of the afternoon so it didn’t feel so bad, until the sea breeze moved through.
Got this on my new iPhone 12 Pro Max, actually really like the camera in this one.
7A2EC53A-9613-43CC-9FC4-60D599AE687D.jpeg

41c tomorrow, may reach higher than that though if today is anything to go by.

Vinny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Yeppoon Queensland
What happened to the other forum Ausweather says :
Sorry, that didn’t work.
Please try again or come back later.

500 Error. Internal Server Error.

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
What happened to the other forum Ausweather says :
Sorry, that didn’t work.
Please try again or come back later.

500 Error. Internal Server Error.
Must’ve been closed down? Or they’re having issues with their website..

41.4c today. Dry as a bone humidity down to 10% , can feel it. If only it would bring a cool night with it but only forecasted to reach 24.

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
Strange that EC seems to be one of the only few models which doesn't take the tropical LOW to the graveyard. There will be some big falls up north if it ends up being right.

Vinny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Yeppoon Queensland
Yeppoon has just over 1200mm last year... yet Rocky was much much drier.

2019 was the only real dry year since i been here in late 2011.

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
Strange that EC seems to be one of the only few models which doesn't take the tropical LOW to the graveyard. There will be some big falls up north if it ends up being right.

Only just a few lonely ensemble members of the Euro taking it down the coast now. The rest are all off to the graveyard.

@Vinny 2019 was a horrible year here too, coming in at just 554.8mm for the year. 2020 was somewhat better, coming in at 869mm but a more than a quarter of that fell during one event in February.

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
Is anyone else looking forward to winter this year as much as I am? I will happily take cooler days and lower humidity over high humidity and no rain.

RhysD

Hard Yards
Nov 25, 2020
Is anyone else looking forward to winter this year as much as I am? I will happily take cooler days and lower humidity over high humidity and no rain.
Mega, very much so. I know in my lifetime we have probably had months like February that have been so dry, but I can’t remember ever having gone through a whole summer with so LITTLE RAIN. It’s absolutely bonkers. First day of autumn, bring on cool dry weather. Like I’ve said previously atleast it’s some sort of difference to constant 24-34 degree days. Ugh. 60mm so far this year compared to an average of nearly 300mm. PATHETIC.

Reactions: Vinny and MegaMatch

MegaMatch

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 3, 2019
where
We ended up with 1.8mm today thanks to a short sharp shower. Looking back through February, we didn't have 1 day exceeding 5mm, and in January not one day exceeding 20mm (the highest being 15.8mm). Looking forward to the return of some cooler weather tomorrow with strengthening SE winds.

I'd be nice if more people residing in CQ posted in this thread, since even if there's no eventful weather going on then at least we can all suffer through it together.

Reactions: BrettSS and Vinny

Vinny

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2019
Yeppoon Queensland
I wonder how long this dry spell is going to go for , also temperatures are above average for March.
First day of autumn, bring on cool dry weather.

Hmm based on previous March's it always sort of cools down around the middle to second last week of March . Can you believe the average temp for March for Rocky is 30.6 with 20.9 at night , the latest forecast is temps 33-35 deg with nights only getting back to average by Sunday.

Reactions: BrettSS
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass