Chains. (No whips)

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
Quick question.
Flying Canberra with 6 friends , early august.
Renting a van , travelling to Jindy, overnight at lake jindabyne hotel then early up to Perisher for five nights.
What’s the most convenient place to rent chains? they don’t rent them out at the rental agencies any more.
suggestions appreciated.

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
Quick question.
Renting a van , travelling to Jindy, overnight at lake jindabyne hotel then early up to Perisher for five nights.
What’s the most convenient place to rent chains? they don’t rent them out at the rental agencies any more.
suggestions appreciated.
The ski hire shop at East Jindy has been my go to.

Reactions: Roymond

Roymond

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 1, 2018
And one further question... we’ve usually used 4wd rentals but we’ve got more of a crowd this time. Are vans /people movers usually ok getting up to the slopes?

Jacko4650

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 15, 2014
Straight Line, in Fyshwick. :whistle:
BP Jindabyne got my business every year for a long time until I eventually purchased everything I could possibly own; and more. Pretty handy spot too.
As for getting a Van up the hill - refer @piolet's response - depends entirely on the weather, but 99% no worries as a generalisation.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Chains. Hire in jindy. Servo.
One peep faffs about getting chains sorted while the others go buy beer.

Unless its exceptional snowy weather. Anytime after mid morning will be chain free use to Perisher .
Just know what the drive wheels are...

Reactions: Roymond and piolet

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Quick question.
suggestions appreciated.
BTW. The servo chain hire place is right beside the LJH.
Literally next door

Reactions: Roymond

teckel

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
And one further question... we’ve usually used 4wd rentals but we’ve got more of a crowd this time. Are vans /people movers usually ok getting up to the slopes?
Vans normally have pretty small wheels which fit 2WD sized chains. But the weight and size of a van mean that you want 4WD weight chains. Make sure you get 4WD ones. (The smallest 4WD size is a 225.) I'll try to remember to give you the equivalent 2WD size to a 225 when I'm at the shop tomorrow. Then if they give you that 2WD size or larger, you will know you can get a 4WD chain to fit.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Vans normally have pretty small wheels which fit 2WD sized chains. But the weight and size of a van mean that you want 4WD weight chains. Make sure you get 4WD ones. (The smallest 4WD size is a 225.) I'll try to remember to give you the equivalent 2WD size to a 225 when I'm at the shop tomorrow. Then if they give you that 2WD size or larger, you will know you can get a 4WD chain to fit.
That's interesting. Cause most vans tare isn't that high . Relatively.
However add humans and luggage and it passes 3 tonnes.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass