Chance of a 20/21 Working Season in Canada

Cat_Herder

Hard Yards
Jan 12, 2015
Perhaps a very dumb question, perhaps not.

I was wondering what my chances are of people able to do a Canada ski season this summer. Obviously the likelihood is small, but regardless of that, what would my chances of (a) finding a job, and (b) being able to get a visa look like?

Chookfooter

One of Us
May 11, 2020
Why would you want to? Lot's of Americans ski in Canada, I wouldn't go near the place. But I'm an old fart and don't want to die.

Reactions: cold wombat

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Instructors I know have left for Canada. They have been able to get permission to leave, jobs and visas.
OP doesn’t appear to have a job to go to. Bit different looking at a working holiday visa.

Goose

Hard Yards
Aug 11, 2018
Canberra
THWC has been advertising for this season on Instagram, although expensive, it’s pretty good way to get a job lined up prior to heading overseas.

I think Visa are getting approved if your planned work is 6+ months

toxicfox

Hard Yards
Aug 15, 2010
If you haven't already got your Canadian work visa - IEC or similar- I can't see you getting in this season. It takes months to get an IEC sorted even without Covid19. You would also need a job offer to get approval to leave Australia and enter Canada unless you are a Canadian citizen. You then need to work out your own 14 day quarantine plan on arrival into Canada. And the season starts in 3 weeks ?
Start planning now for 2021/22 and hope for a vaccine.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass