Admin Notice Changes to Culture Vulture, Uncertainty Principle & Bear Pit

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
here, now
I was slow to put peope on ignore. But over time the number slowly increased. in the last 2 months it's skyrocketed. My tolerance for dickheads is much reduced at a time when dickheadedness is on the rise.
I’ve never done it - I guess I’d rather know what people think
I can still just not look at the stuff they write eg US 2020 election thread

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I’ve never done it - I guess I’d rather know what people think
I can still just not look at the stuff they write eg US 2020 election thread
your choice
better for my blood pressure
i also use ignore when I realise I usually skip over the crap written by a poster. occasionally I click the button to see ignored content. very rare for that to be worth reading

Reactions: fennekeg and MarkV

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Will it cure paranoia?
ignore?
maybe

there was advice during the bushfires and now covid bushfires step away from social media if it was adding to anxiety or stress. I reckon ignoring the ones who are most causing that is a reasonable alternative. yes there is a danger of creating your own bubble but IMHO outs the least bad answer. I'll put some people back when the covid situation abated somewhat

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
I am puzzled about this sense of ownership that folks feel about a thread they start.

It a thread, not a puppy. Let it be free to be whatever it wants to be.
I agree with that. I like how a thread discussion can randomly wander across a range of topics. That’s how conversation happens in real life...

...or do we need conversation moderators at pubs as well?

Pub discussion moderator: “that’s off topic - go start your own conversation”
Pub patron: bemused look

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
I agree with that. I like how a thread discussion can randomly wander across a range of topics. That’s how conversation happens in real life...

Well, I want to change this thread to be about my dogs. Who gives a shit what the original purpose was? I want it, and I'll have it.

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
have we ever seen these dogs?
No. I'm not one of those people who runs around snapping photos at every opportunity. But here's two that I bred:
18511_1654.jpg
7481079_orig.jpg

Schnaxxy Schnaxxlburger

but a dream within a dream
Ski Pass
Jun 23, 2001
here, now
No. I'm not one of those people who runs around snapping photos at every opportunity. But here's two that I bred:
18511_1654.jpg
7481079_orig.jpg
we have an inner west dog owners’ fb forum
a few weeks ago someone posted that Livy the dachshund had run off - newly adopted, unfamiliar with the area etc
she was sighted at various locations around Newtown, even near the airport
she was finally located at Earlwood - if unfamiliar, that’s at least 5km away

6F9980C1-7426-41D3-8684-E3BB18E48693.jpeg

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
Wow a bit low slung and hairy for living in the bush Teckel :eek:
I started with them when I was a city gal. They do OK in the bush, height wise. One of my girls (a full sister of the top photo) has a very long tail and a very long coat. She brings half the bush inside, every time she comes inside - constantly sweeping up after her. The others aren't nearly so bad, rarely bringing anything inside.

Reactions: Richard and neilmny

TOFF

Triple premiership Pants man
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2004
Wuhan
Given Seinfeld finished over 30yrs ago I am cool with whatever changes Steinbrenner wants to make to the playing rules.

After so many years of getting stalked around the forum by light weights without a conversation, man players in bad trousers, teachers pets and fisher wives waving stale baguette an extra $3.50 would just be an aged care entertainment supplement.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Genuinely laughing hard.
Thanks mate.

That’s the stuff that will make paying one cent per day well worth it.

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW

I think I agree too, though there is a difference between a wandering conversation and one that has been railroaded. There needs to be a balance IMO. As they say - all things in moderation!

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Not everyone has a spare $50 to throw around. Some would find the 30 a stretch
There are also gift memberships that get allocated from time to time, sometimes people will gift a membership to a particular person who they think posts valuable content, or they know may be doing it tough at that time.

Sometimes a membership is donated randomly to be given to whoever Admin think should have it.

There is some seriously valued content posted by some members here.

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
Given Seinfeld finished over 30yrs ago I am cool with whatever changes Steinbrenner wants to make to the playing rules.

After so many years of getting stalked around the forum by light weights without a conversation, man players in bad trousers, teachers pets and fisher wives waving stale baguette an extra $3.50 would just be an aged care entertainment supplement.

this guy

He knows.

I lol’d

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Newcastle
4) Commencing July 1, the inclusion of Pavilion threads in Active Topics will become a separate $3.50 per annum upgrade feature. This will not be an automatic subscription and upon expiry, will need to be repurchased for another year.
Edit 6 July: Turns out this was not possible to configure based on member group - idea scrapped until practical solution is found.

@currawong and others

Reactions: currawong

Andrew Blot

First Runs
Ski Pass
Feb 1, 2021
Participation in any thread in any topic within the Pavilion category will be by Gold or Silver subscription only.
Silver subscription is not an available option?

Only silver for 1 year without auto renewal. Does not provide access to Pavilion.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass