Charlotte Pass 2013 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa
Wow - CP is first out of the gate with discount season passes for 2013.

Very tempting.

Pro active marketing!

Mils

One of Us
Jun 3, 2011
Gold Coast
Re: Charlotte Pass 2013

but it doesn't give you any access for 2012.. that would have been game set match right there if they added that

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW

So $549, $50 bucks dearer than last year

plus oversnow at $50 extra = $599 cheap, oh wait a minute + skitube season pass $250 (roughly the same as 3 trips at $80 ea return)= $849 or perisher with skitube $759 as promised last year for this year

or both again $599 + $759 = $1358 - $849 means perisher pass will only owe me $509, a couple of weekends really

30 days skiing this season

Damn that skitube price although could buy one skitube pass, drive everyone up and go back to tube, but have to do it again on way out, bugg#r!!!!

But then they do open the gates sat and sun afternoon because of the crowd at the bottom station

Sorry just the brain going round in circles

I love the untracked areas of CP but Perisher is fun also

Maybe Thredbo, but this year has been good, will next year

Apologies again for my indecision
confused.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking

Decision made, looks like I'll be skiing CP a lot next year. Sago, let Mocko know (if he doesn't see this) my dummy spit was temporary. And does anyone have any spare accomodation this week for two-three nights?

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa

Taxman said:
And does anyone have any spare accomodation this week for two-three nights?

Jerra has family/double rooms available via wotif - and the Chalet has rooms also available directly.

Sago

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jun 29, 2001
Corunna Lake. NSW

would love to say yes,but unless it is a big secret.NO
The resorts lease does run as far as the Restaurant ruins so there is talk of a lift up to Stillwell.Would definately make resort far more attactive with more terrain.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking

Bogong said:
Nidecker said:
Does anyone know if they are serious about putting in an extra lift at charlotte pass?
The CP lift company owners allegedly have a double chair stored at Cooma aerodrome. Does anyone know if this rumour is true?

I can confirm that there has been a rumour about this lift for a couple of years..........

Reactions: Fozzie Bear

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding

Taxman said:
Bogong said:
Nidecker said:
Does anyone know if they are serious about putting in an extra lift at charlotte pass?
The CP lift company owners allegedly have a double chair stored at Cooma aerodrome. Does anyone know if this rumour is true?

I can confirm that there has been a rumour about this lift for a couple of years..........

The lift was at the aerodrome a couple of years ago, but it's not there (or in the same place ) as it was, one would assume you would try to keep at least the chairs out of the elements? No sure what SOP is in this case?

Whilst it would be a cool thing for them to do, I guess nothing will happen until the leasing is sorted out, as an owner you wouldn't want to be making too much money, or look too interested in the resort until you had finished those negotiations
smile.gif

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking

Other issue is where would it go to open up signifcantly more skiable area? Stillwell is too exposed to lift (wind hold) and most of the bowl and trees below Stillwell can already be accessed from the existing chair and minimal hiking.

Could only see its use as a replacement for Guthries.

And like most places at Charlottes, the real gems are not lifted but require a little effort; and if you did lift them (eg Guthries cutes and Foxhole) then they would just end up getting trashed and then people would want them groomed........

rocketboy

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 9, 2010
Gerroa

Season pass deal is back on sale for all of November. Guess they didn't make their numbers - I wonder if Perisher did.

Sago

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jun 29, 2001
Corunna Lake. NSW

Hi everyone,
Any news or updates!!
TBB,have you heard of any new coffee shops going in this year?
I personally have none.
Sago

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW

Sago said:
Hi everyone,
Any news or updates!!
TBB,have you heard of any new coffee shops going in this year?
I personally have none.
Sago

Heard a rumour about a relocatable one, but would need good coffee to effect existing one(s) along with ambiance

Bob

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW

Sago said:
HI TBB,
coffee shop confirmed on CPV website
http://www.charlottepass.com.au/whatsnew.html
Hope coffee is good.Hope you will be 1st to report.

As I have a season pass again I will definitely be trying to get there as much as poss

So you buy your coffee and ski away, where does the empty container go unless its edible and then at my age 15 minutes later will need a pit stop, it might work who knows

Cheers

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009

Tree Breaker Bob said:
Don't u guys work u just troll ski sites for something to do in summer and some don't even come here anymore :)

I'm sure we will be back, just gotta convince the 10 year old that it's better than thredbo
smile.gif
heheehee

Hey TBB I'm moving to the dark side, got me a pair of these

burton-driver-x-snowboard-boots-2013-black-red-front.jpg

And these....

burton-diode-snowboard-bindings-2013-darksaber.jpg

Now just gotta find a board, thinking about a custom softie carve board from coiler in canada, or maybe a Kessler if I can hide the price from my wife
smile.gif

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking

Nidecker, get yourself a splitboard, get your daughter some AT gear and she will find out CP can't be beaten for some slack country sliding. Plus she can earn bragging rights (as well as earing turns) about skiing stuff way gnarlier than anything inbounds.

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009

Angus,

It might have been a bit of an in joke
smile.gif
I have been riding a snowboard in hard boots for about 20 years or so. A split board seems like it could be fun too.

So much to do so little time.

My daughter is pretty cool, she got sick of waiting for a bunch of "oldies" as she called them last year at Michaels Mistake and just skied around them and off the edge. She doesn't mind a bit of steep
smile.gif

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking

No... got the hardbooter reference (was raised a few weeks ago in another thread).

As much as I love Thredbo, when you've skied a few iconic places you start to realise that our steep pitches with at most a 50m vertical and an easy run out is just not in the same league. The closest to a seriously challenging resort based run would be the chutes at Buller. But realistically they would only get enough snow to make them skiable once every 3-5 years.

On the other hand, the Main Range is easily accessible from CP and the Western Faces would have skiing to challenge the most jaded slider. You’ve just got to get out there and out of there under your own steam. And if that is a bit hard, then for a warm up there are plenty of easier options around CP such as Guthries cutes and Foxhole.

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW

Nidecker said:
Tree Breaker Bob said:
Don't u guys work u just troll ski sites for something to do in summer and some don't even come here anymore :)

I'm sure we will be back, just gotta convince the 10 year old that it's better than thredbo
smile.gif
heheehee

Hey TBB I'm moving to the dark side, got me a pair of these

burton-driver-x-snowboard-boots-2013-black-red-front.jpg

And these....

burton-diode-snowboard-bindings-2013-darksaber.jpg

Now just gotta find a board, thinking about a custom softie carve board from coiler in canada, or maybe a Kessler if I can hide the price from my wife
smile.gif

Mate you're just gunna fall all over the place
with jelly legs
Wish i was there to watch
laugh.gif

Bob

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009

Angus_McCrory said:
.........On the other hand, the Main Range is easily accessible from CP and the Western Faces would have skiing to challenge the most jaded slider. You’ve just got to get out there and out of there under your own steam. And if that is a bit hard, then for a warm up there are plenty of easier options around CP such as Guthries cutes and Foxhole.

Now that I got some softies, I might have to hook up with few folk with some B/C experience, and rent a splitboard. Always wanted to, just never got around to it.

BrockF

Hard Yards
May 24, 2006
Sydney

Will be in CP the week of the 20th July, with an AT setup. I will have the family in tow with a 3yo and a 6 month old, so excursion time will be limited. Keen to hook up with anybody else looking to explore.

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking

Will be there same week (as well as 7-14 September) so happy to have someone to toodle around to Wrights Creek, up to Foxhole or out to Blue Lake.

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW

Yes, their website and snow report shows the chair operating to mid station

Go Kevin, obviously snow making a priority to have ski-able snow for the punters. Now just a few more cold nights and maybe they can get the poma running as well.

Great effort for the beginners to get some snow time and that's all that would be there as paying guests at this time of year

Lets hope for more of the natural stuff this week to lend a hand

Bob

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass