Charlotte Pass 2015 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sago

Hard Yards
Ski Pass
Jun 29, 2001
Corunna Lake. NSW
Bob,Don't think I will heading down next week, As Angus said CPV need's that's magical metre mark. My parents are down from Sat 18th for a week, staying at Jerra. Say hello to Chris and Ally for me. Looks like snowshoes was a good investment without Guthries running they will get a good work out. Still have never worked out why they don't run a couple snow guns at the bottom of Guthries to cover the rocks.2 good nights with 2 machines would go along way to solving the need to get that metre base before it opens. Have noticed that there is 4 spare machines sitting on the tennis courts begging to be used.

Nozawaman

A Local
Nov 7, 2002
Gold Coast/Nozawa Onsen
www.sasa-nozawa.com
Bob,Don't think I will heading down next week, As Angus said CPV need's that's magical metre mark. My parents are down from Sat 18th for a week, staying at Jerra. Say hello to Chris and Ally for me. Looks like snowshoes was a good investment without Guthries running they will get a good work out. Still have never worked out why they don't run a couple snow guns at the bottom of Guthries to cover the rocks.2 good nights with 2 machines would go along way to solving the need to get that metre base before it opens. Have noticed that there is 4 spare machines sitting on the tennis courts begging to be used.
As much as Sweet Pea was a dick , he did a great job with getting Guthries running by doing just this .

Reactions: Sago

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW
Looking good, walked Guthries yesterday, Chris told me they are working hard moving snow to open Guthries
More snow needed but we have received about 5 cm this morning so far, looking good for Thursday and maybe a day tripper next Tuesday
Said hello to your father yesterday Sago
Coffee time at Stillwell, oh just looked out the window and the flakes are getting bigger and drier, if the wind drops a bit might have ski this arvo

Bob

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW
Went out around 12, the snow on the Guthries side of T bar into the bowl was awesome 20 cm plus and quite skiable, visibility another issue. All up say 10 to 20 cm but stopped snowing around 1 pm. The good news is NO r**n. If we get some visibility tomorrow will be good but will have to watch for hidden obstacles
Boy's weekend looking good
Bob

Crosstips

Hard Yards
Jun 17, 2011
Well, it must be time to get out amongst it
Was that Moko & NOLA testing out there secret little tree line run today?
Now I know the season has started!!! Can't wait to get there now

toxicfox

Addicted
Aug 15, 2010
Does anyone know what happened to the 'live' readings from the Charlotte Pass BOM weather station ? Used to be on the weather page of the CPV website.

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
Awesome time at CP this weekend.... so many kids... but not that it is something I am personally interested in but why no terrain park?????? Plenty of snow to push around and will keep the kids interested .

Last edited:
Reactions: alferg

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
Best way to avoid kids..... put DSP Wailer 105 on feet and bomb The Face multiple times. Great conditions this morning with all of the crud form the past few days in-filled nicely with fresh snow.

Reactions: Untele-whippet

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
Congratulations to @t####### for a very hard fought 3rd in the open mens for the Mocko Cup (Intra-lodge GS race) held in testing conditions yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sago

Crosstips

Hard Yards
Jun 17, 2011
Up till the rain and warm wind on Friday night into Saturday, It was one of the best weeks i have ever experience at Charlottes Pass.
Not all the family venture too far into the untracked and secret bowl areas, so a special mention to Didge and his crew for the best presented grooming i have ever seen at Charlottes Pass . The remarks and compliments from every member and guest was great to hear, and a number of new first time visitors are looking forward to returning next season.
The entire mountain ran like clockwork. well done to all management, as this doesn't happen by accident.
Just locking in the next seasons pass at the freeze price and planning next years visits already.
Fingers crossed for cooler weather and some more snow falls this upcoming week.
My season is done, but with luck there still some unmarked runs for Nola & Moko to find on there nice new skis.

Reactions: RegGrundys

alferg

Hard Yards
Jun 27, 2015
Hi, here's some photos from last week. We had a blast & the kids got to experience most of the varieties of Ozzie snow conditions on their first ever snow holiday, including drizzle with sunshine, drizzle with low-vis, 20cm of damp fresh snow, some "wintery mix", & a blue-sky 10cm powder day!

IMG_2471_zpsdm8bi1bj.jpg

IMG_2468_zps1r1v7hp1.jpg

IMG_2553_zps5sn4bvr5.jpg

IMG_2545_zps35ndhk6q.jpg

IMG_2589_zpsnfrzlbh2.jpg

IMG_2581_zpsulmtqfoz.jpg

IMG_2577_zpswtth8ols.jpg

IMG_2617_zps9zdrcy5i.jpg

IMG_2662_zpsv0vudh9i.jpg

IMG_2672_zpsk7c2qi54.jpg

IMG_4335_zps0lii8kaq.jpg

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
Perisher.....havent skied there since the first year of the freedom pass and by the end of that season my eyes were bleeding from boredom. It is now so over subscribed on season passes that you get to stand in long lift lines for the priviledge of being a season pass holder. Oh but we will give you a 200 buck discount on some skiing in the US if you can come up with the 3000 bucks for airfares and accomodation & with the dollar at 69 cents, theres plenty of value.........!

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
Skied Perisher for the first time in five years this weekend........ hopefully will be the last time for another five years......

Whereas Charlotte Pass.....

fd594d4c37a1bee64a466a3160e2cb80.jpg
Love it up at CPV.
Had a few years there with the family.
Inbounds and sidecountry.
Logistics will always preserve Charlotte IMO.
I do get it, and also it's easy to bag Perisher with the volume they get at times.
Midweek is not so bad at all , often ski straight onto the lifts.
Membership at Guthega it's a good balance for mine .
Drive in , backcountry on my doorstep.....

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
@nfip Dinking around The Paralyser with The Duck and sara777 was the skiing highlight to the weekend, but must admit we did enjoy the cruisey uncrowdedness over at Guthega yesterday. And good to see Basil Fawlty is still at The Pub.

Reactions: Sago and nfip

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
@nfip Dinking around The Paralyser with The Duck and sara777 was the skiing highlight to the weekend, but must admit we did enjoy the cruisey uncrowdedness over at Guthega yesterday. And good to see Basil Fawlty is still at The Pub.
Next time will catch up and get you all across the other side of the Dam.
oh and that's my lodge next door to Fawlty Towers...

Reactions: Angus_McCrory

DJM

One of Us
Aug 16, 2007
sydney
I'm determined to never buy a season pass here, but DM is enjoying the resort thing so CP will see a return for sure. Missing the BC a little lately that's for sure. :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass