Snow Report Charlotte Pass 2016 - Trip Reports, Pics & Conditions

Gumbo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2000
Wollongong N.S.W
Had a fantastic day at CP yesterday. Snow was in real great condition longest lift line of the day was 5 people in front of me. Would be interesting how much vert you can do in a day compared to Perisher with the lack of lines. Even the Lunch provided was a decent feed. Will be back for sure. Would like to ski CP in fresh snow.

Reactions: Kletterer

Myazma

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 10, 2009
Jindi
Had another day at the Pass yesterday and I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record but it really has to be the best value for money skiing in the mountains (Tues and Fridays). The view of the main range from the top of the chair is sensational and NOT seen from either Thredbo or Perisher. Not sure what the daily vert meter record is but the Guthries poma + no lines + no one on piste = blat laps. For those who venture beyond the resort boundaries the BC access is all time for easy touring towards Kosi, laps of TWs (literally a half hr skin from the top of the lift) or trips to the MR. Charlotte Pass,quite simply as an alternate to those busy lift ques is a no brainer

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
we had a great day at CP yesterday, fantastic value for money.

Day Trippers on Tuesdays are $105 for the first person and $2 for the second, so you have to travel in pairs. On Fridays its a straight $50 per person

14117830_10157397800860154_8540899815984951596_n.jpg

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW
Had another day at the Pass yesterday and I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record but it really has to be the best value for money skiing in the mountains (Tues and Fridays). The view of the main range from the top of the chair is sensational and NOT seen from either Thredbo or Perisher. Not sure what the daily vert meter record is but the Guthries poma + no lines + no one on piste = blat laps. For those who venture beyond the resort boundaries the BC access is all time for easy touring towards Kosi, laps of TWs (literally a half hr skin from the top of the lift) or trips to the MR. Charlotte Pass,quite simply as an alternate to those busy lift ques is a no brainer

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !

nfip

Cold 'n Rusty
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2006
Yuin Country
Maybe they should do a tube and oversnow deal for Snowboarders from Bullocks to stop Perisher carpark from overflowing on the weekends ?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
yep, probably one of thew best value snow deals anywhere.
I also understand the oversnow transport is quite a rarity worldwide
The big problem with Charlotte Pass is that its very tiring skiing straight onto the lifts all the time. It is sadly lacking the lift lines of the bigger resorts. This also means that you can't stand around and talk to others about life the universe etc. I say avoid it at all costs.

Tree Breaker Bob

One of Us
Jul 19, 2006
Dalmeny South Coast NSW
It also looks like we have been able to ski in and out of our front door from season opening weekend and now till the closing weekend, although some days better than others, Oh how I miss the walking

Sorry no updates while I was down there, had to leave early and did not get back in for the rest of the week, all good now

Bob

Scott No Mates

One of Us
Sep 14, 2003
Sydney - LNS
The big problem with Charlotte Pass is that its very tiring skiing straight onto the lifts all the time. It is sadly lacking the lift lines of the bigger resorts. This also means that you can't stand around and talk to others about life the universe etc. I say avoid it at all costs.

That's a problem...probably why I still ski at FC (I will get to CP though).

art

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2004
was just planning to do a day at cp on tuesday and i now find out they have finished for the year. was really looking forward to it. oh well.

sbm

One of Us
Aug 2, 2010
Sydney
huckanddyno.wordpress.com
I also understand the oversnow transport is quite a rarity worldwide

Yes, because anywhere else in the world they would just run a bus with snow tyres, and it would be three times as fast and ten times as cheap. And you'd actually get an effing seat!

My pet peeves aside, Charlotte Pass is a lovely place, and I'm glad they had a good season. I'll have to do a week of touring out there one of these years. They could stop trying to woo Perisher punters and woo backcountry types instead, if they matched Thredbo's $35 backcountry access pass with an any-day return oversnow & Pulpit tbar ride, they'd grab every ski tourer in the state.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass