Charlotte pass lift tix

Chookfooter

Cranky Curmudgeon
Ski Pass
May 11, 2020
I was just talking to the Charlotte Pass ops manager last week about that exact thing. He said 60cm will cover the rocks at Guthries. So that's when they can open the run.

75cm would obviously be better.
Wanna buy a bridge? I thought you be smarter than that, listening to what the resorts tell you.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
I think it depends a little on the weather that brought the "60 cm". Howling westerlies would load up the Guthries Poma slope preferentially as this would be the lee side. 60 cm should get most of the Kangaroo Ridge bowl going - just. But Guthries is extra rocky, so yeh, 1 metre is a good minimum for that to open.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Pic from last year, Guthries still not open 15 July, but they did manage to build a base for the lift line.
upload_2021-5-13_19-58-22.png

Snow depth was 90 cm after this fall (the mid-July sub-peak), so yeh, Guthries Poma generally needs a metre at Spencers.. However, 2020 was that weird easterly snow. A good blow from the west could have accumulated more on the Guthries Run (roughly looking north in the above photo) than accumulated at the Spencers site.
upload_2021-5-13_19-59-1.png

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Disagree. Even with Didge doing his best snow farming. Fozzie is correct. 1m for all lifts and 1.5m for great skiing all over the mountain. But hey, maybe they know better than me.
Hey don't shoot the messenger.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Wanna buy a bridge? I thought you be smarter than that, listening to what the resorts tell you.
I was standing at the base of the run with him looking at those rocks and thinking it'd be a good 60.

We were talking about some work we're doing which was specific to the snow level to open Guthries, so no need to embellish. But that was what I was told. He knows his mountain better than me, so I didn't question it.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
As I mentioned above, a good westerly blizzard could result in 60 cm accumulation at Spencer's, but 1 m + on the eastern, leeward side of the ridge. The wettish easterly source of the July 2020 system, when Spencer's got to 90 cm, is evident in the drift patterns in the image I posted above. That was an oddball system.

Reactions: DPS Driver

toxicfox

Addicted
Aug 15, 2010
Hey don't shoot the messenger.
Sorry. I should have clarified. “I disagree with what they are telling you”

If they are making changes so it can be opened earlier on lower snow levels then that’s a win. Is this specific to the new chairlift so the rocks at the bottom are irrelevant?

ithilmar

Hard Yards
Jul 12, 2017
Does anyone know if you are booking lift tickets across different price periods, assume you pay the multi-day price as at the first day?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Just out of curiosity, is it the case that the cheapy blitz tix gets last dibs on the oversnow booking? That's the vibe I'm getting.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Anybody been able to actually make a booking? Mine errored out.
What’s the error, I had one, then I realised that I was loading onto non existing RFID card. Clicked add to voucher job done.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
What’s the error, I had one, then I realised that I was loading onto non existing RFID card. Clicked add to voucher job done.
Dunno tried to get past adding over snow page and it errored out. iPad, had to go to work. Was just testing really, don’t have a date yet.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Just out of curiosity, is it the case that the cheapy blitz tix gets last dibs on the oversnow booking? That's the vibe I'm getting.
Turned out that they have other oversnow for the day trip tickets etc. So got the day we wanted.

Sorry Charlotte Pass all is forgiven.

Reactions: Ozgirl

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Dunno tried to get past adding over snow page and it errored out. iPad, had to go to work. Was just testing really, don’t have a date yet.
I went through fine on IPhone. Though got a TCP error when I went to finalise, but it was due to the fact I ticked load onto RFID and the card has not generated.

Reactions: skichic

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
I clicked the generate voucher for the first day I wanted and then was promoted to set up and pay for an RFID card at the checkout which I did.

Now I have tried to perform a new transaction for the very next day as was advised in this mornings email. I selected the load to RFID card because if I select generate voucher again it wants to charge me $5 again for another RFID card.

BUT, when I select the load to RFID card I get prompted with a, “please insert WTP number” and the transaction will not proceed any further without this number of which I have no idea what it is?

I rang CP and was directed due to operators lack of knowledge, to send an email to their online people........

Reactions: Jonathan_P

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
I have read this mornings email again and it appears you cant book anymore than one single ticket blitz daytripper. You then have to go to CP and physically pick up the RFID card before you can load any other days on to it!

Doesn’t make a lot of sense when I was planning to be in Jindy for a week from the 30/8/21 and use 4 pre paid daytripper tickets during that week. I’ve now been limited to just one until I pick the card up and by the time I
pick the card up on the 30/8/21 the rest of the week will be booked out?!

Not making a lot of sense CP........

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
I have read this mornings email again and it appears you cant book anymore than one single ticket blitz daytripper. You then have to go to CP and physically pick up the RFID card before you can load any other days on to it!

Doesn’t make a lot of sense when I was planning to be in Jindy for a week from the 30/8/21 and use 4 pre paid daytripper tickets during that week. I’ve now been limited to just one until I pick the card up and by the time I

Hmmm

This bit of email makes it sound like you can “You can only book for one date of travel at a time (if you are wanting to book tickets on two different days, these will need to be two different transactions).”

Then later it makes it seem like you need card.

To date they have been pretty good in terms of response time so hopefully they can sort it out.

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
Hmmm

This bit of email makes it sound like you can “You can only book for one date of travel at a time (if you are wanting to book tickets on two different days, these will need to be two different transactions).”

Then later it makes it seem like you need card.

To date they have been pretty good in terms of response time so hopefully they can sort it out.
Exactly, the email contradicts itself. First it states you can book other dates in seperate individual transactions. Then at very end of the lengthy email it states that you have to pick up the RFID card before you can load any other daytripper dates which by the way you’ve already paid for months ago.

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
Under your online store profile there is a ‘My Chip Cards’ (assigned cards for ticket reloads) tab.

clicking this tab then prompts you to enter the mysterious ‘WTP’ which by the amount of digits appears to be a credit card type number that would be the number on your RFID card that you can’t save and reload unless you have physically picked it up.

Looks like a fishing and mtb trip to Jindy to pick up the card before you can do anything else but the one single daytripper. What ever happened to Australia Post?

cornice11

One of Us
Jun 16, 2018
do the terms* appear in their t&c before purchasing?

* re booking consecutive days before obtaining RFID card, must pick up in person, priority of blitz ticketholders vs full price purchases for oversnow transport.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Under your online store profile there is a ‘My Chip Cards’ (assigned cards for ticket reloads) tab.

clicking this tab then prompts you to enter the mysterious ‘WTP’ which by the amount of digits appears to be a credit card type number that would be the number on your RFID card that you can’t save and reload unless you have physically picked it up.

Looks like a fishing and mtb trip to Jindy to pick up the card before you can do anything else but the one single daytripper. What ever happened to Australia Post?
True customer service has been better than Perisher though, at least they answer emails and pick up the phone:)

May not like the answer but it’s better than no answer, which I am having with the other place.

Reactions: dayzoff

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
True customer service has been better than Perisher though, at least they answer emails and pick up the phone:)

May not like the answer but it’s better than no answer, which I am having with the other place.
That’s why I bought these tickets. Never going back to Perisher again and I had been every year since 87. I reluctantly forked out for a couple Thredbo day tickets mid week in mid August and then supplemented that with half a dozen of these ticket blitz daytrippers. A tank of fuel and a days drive from Canberra and back to pick up the RFID and I’m still in front plus I can jump into the BC and back pretty quick from CP.

Reactions: Ian and Jonathan_P

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org

CP is made for the traditional week long stay, not day trippers. People wanting to oversnow every day is a new thing the resort isn't set up to deal with. TBH I'm not sure it's something they want to deal with.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
CP is made for the traditional week long stay, not day trippers. People wanting to oversnow every day is a new thing the resort isn't set up to deal with. TBH I'm not sure it's something they want to deal with.
@Telemark Phat they love their Daytrippers because they like being able to expose them to the CP experience, oversnow and all. Also it's the prospect pool that they develop their weekly customers from.

You can buy more Daytrippers. It's just that you would be charged the extra $5.00 for the RFID card each time until you have a card and can load the extra tickets on to it.

The challenge CP have over other resorts is selling the oversnow and the level of lunacy people will go to to get their times booked. It's a complexity not many other ski resorts in the world have, so developing the ticketing and webshop to accommodate this has been challenging. Particularly when most of the ticket sales were made in their original system.

It's pretty well sorted now, however there are a couple of clunky bits that we'll get ironed out as we progress through the season.

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
@Telemark Phat they love their Daytrippers because they like being able to expose them to the CP experience, oversnow and all. Also it's the prospect pool that they develop their weekly customers from.

You can buy more Daytrippers. It's just that you would be charged the extra $5.00 for the RFID card each time until you have a card and can load the extra tickets on to it.

The challenge CP have over other resorts is selling the oversnow and the level of lunacy people will go to to get their times booked. It's a complexity not many other ski resorts in the world have, so developing the ticketing and webshop to accommodate this has been challenging. Particularly when most of the ticket sales were made in their original system.

It's pretty well sorted now, however there are a couple of clunky bits that we'll get ironed out as we progress through the season.
It's just how the place works. Oversnow is limited and has to prioritise overnight visitors before day trippers. A day ticket to CP without oversnow isn't a day ticket. You can't use the lifts as a day visitor without oversnow. Selling a single day lift ticket to CP without oversnow for the day is a bait and switch. Systems aren't an excuse for ripping off people by selling them a product they can't use.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
It's just how the place works. Oversnow is limited and has to prioritise overnight visitors before day trippers. A day ticket to CP without oversnow isn't a day ticket. You can't use the lifts as a day visitor without oversnow. Selling a single day lift ticket to CP without oversnow for the day is a bait and switch. Systems aren't an excuse for ripping off people by selling them a product they can't use.
What do you mean? Every daytripper includes oversnow. I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. There is no selling day tickets without oversnow.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
It's what they did with the ticket blitz. But a discount ticket, who knows if you can get oversnow. Bait and switch.
Oh! Ok. Not anything intentional. It would take pages to try to explain why that happened and I can 100% tell you it wasn't any type of marketing. It was exactly what I mentioned before re importing data from another system that sold the tickets and time. ie the time it takes to set up a complete IT system and not having enough of it pre-season.

I'm in Jindy tonight, working today at CP, so if anyone wants to catch up and chat about CP or skis or anything and have a feed and a chin wag. Happy to catch up.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Oh! Ok. Not anything intentional. It would take pages to try to explain why that happened and I can 100% tell you it wasn't any type of marketing. It was exactly what I mentioned before re importing data from another system that sold the tickets and time. ie the time it takes to set up a complete IT system and not having enough of it pre-season.

I'm in Jindy tonight, working today at CP, so if anyone wants to catch up and chat about CP or skis or anything and have a feed and a chin wag. Happy to catch up.
Yes you turned out to be correct, more availability came online for oversnow.

Managed to get the day that I wanted and Miss 4 can come along. :)

NightSky

One of Us
Ski Pass
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2015
Omega Centauri
We aren't going till late August, should we plan a day and book now, or wait?

Family worried about picking a "bad" day.

Yeah, yeah, I know, there are no bad days skiing , just days better than others.

toxicfox

Addicted
Aug 15, 2010

Yeah, yeah, I know, there are no bad days skiing , just days better than others.
Midweek is usually not to difficult to get a seat. Unless it’s cheap ass Tuesday 2 for 1. And the Tucker makes it through the season. They still manage to bring in day trippers on weekend changeover days which you would want to book. There was talk of them buying another vehicle dedicated for day trippers but not sure if that happened.

Reactions: NightSky

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra

I will take your word that you can buy more daytrippers and you just get charged the extra $5 each time. It’s not very well explained anywhere and common sense sort of dictated to me that the system would keep generating RFID cards for each daytripper, then it would all get extremely confusing etc when arriving at Skitube Terminal.

I don’t mind paying an extra 20 bucks to sort some consecutive dates right now. Still much cheaper than driving down to pick up one RFID. I’m a solo skier and it’s not like my group is taking up 6 seats everyday for 4 days in a row. I for one think what CP have done with this ticket blitz is a great idea. It locks in some capital and gets some extra people up there regularly.

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018

Based on everything else this season book now or book earlier, to avoid disappointment :)

Fozzie Bear

Where's my flapping ears gone.....
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
It is nice that Kevin Blyton is spending money on CP. I do wish he would address the oversnow issue though and get some of these:

DSC_1438.JPG

These are Mercedes Benz 4WD Sprinter vans fitted out as mini-buses. The 4WD systems have been upgraded by Arctic Trucks of Iceland, adding suspension lift, studded snow/ice tyres and on the fly adjustment to tyre pressures. They climb glaciers, deal with slush and cruise on bitumen at 100 kph, pretty much all the conditions found between Perisher and CP. My lodge manager was previously a fan of the Tucker, but when he saw a LWB 4WD Sprinter kitted out as a campervan in Jindabyne he change his opinion.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy

Yeah this is what i was worried about. But kids are only in town on school holidays. So i choose Sunday the 4th. There is still oversnow available on that day but getting limited.

Typically you can book a week out of so. But who knows what will happy with these blitz tickets. Mum and Dad will do an overnight at some point in the season. so i have 2 extra days left. Maybe @LMB might be interested in a day. so thats one day for the two of us. Or i will go with with others on other days

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
I'm loving the new online booking system.

We want to book in our ticket blitz daytripper sometime over the next few weeks, so thought I'd go on the website to have a look at what kind of availability there is. I found it super easy to use, and so nice being able to see how many spaces are free on each oversnow time for each day! Gives me confidence to book a little closer to the date depending on weather etc.

So excited for our snowshoe tour and picnic!

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
I'm loving the new online booking system.

We want to book in our ticket blitz daytripper sometime over the next few weeks, so thought I'd go on the website to have a look at what kind of availability there is. I found it super easy to use, and so nice being able to see how many spaces are free on each oversnow time for each day! Gives me confidence to book a little closer to the date depending on weather etc.

So excited for our snowshoe tour and picnic!
It is pretty easy I found. Once account all set up.
Let’s see how we go with refunds.

Myazma

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 10, 2009
Jindi
Looked (Tues) like some snow gathering on the flats in front of the hotel was to be pushed over towards Guthrie's to cover the rocks at the bottom to help opening the best poms in Oz. RFID cards can be picked at time of travel from counter.
Really don't think any runs at CP should have a black rating. You only have to pay for 1 card, not every time used unless for different person on same booking (gates on lifts). Gotta love CP. If you're usually a Thredbo skiied, do yourself a favour and see the MR

Reactions: DPS Driver

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
I got a black Friday email from CP re 11-16 Sept 22 deal, brekky and dinner accom and lifts and oversnow. $500 pp twin share. No refunds, gotta ring up office.

Fozzie Bear

Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
I got a black Friday email from CP re 11-16 Sept 22 deal, brekky and dinner accom and lifts and oversnow. $500 pp twin share. No refunds, gotta ring up office.

No refunds means no refunds. even if prevented by govt CV-19 lockdown. Blyton Group are total a#$%holes to deal with. I will still continue to ski at CP, but it will under my own steam. Not giving them another dollar if I can avoid it.

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
No refunds means no refunds. even if prevented by govt CV-19 lockdown. Blyton Group are total a#$%holes to deal with. I will still continue to ski at CP, but it will under my own steam. Not giving them another dollar if I can avoid it.
Got a bit singed there FB, sorry to hear. Didn't you say they offered to role your pass across to next season?

Fozzie Bear

Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
Got a bit singed there FB, sorry to hear. Didn't you say they offered to role your pass across to next season?

It took 3 months for CP to offer to roll my season passes from 2021 to 2022. They said they were being generous in doing so (refer to no refunds policy). However, my circumstances have changed and it is highly unlikely I will be able to make use of the passes in 2022 (so close to $2k down the tube). I'm a longstanding customer (15 years plus), who often buys season passes and spends a lot of money on private ski lessons and at the Chalet bars. And weirdly I have also been a long term advocate of CP here. Yet I'm now treated like a piece of shyte????? I guess they neither want my return custom nor good publicity. Go figure.

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
It took 3 months for CP to offer to roll my season passes from 2021 to 2022. They said they were being generous in doing so (refer to no refunds policy). However, my circumstances have changed and it is highly unlikely I will be able to make use of the passes in 2022 (so close to $2k down the tube). I'm a longstanding customer (15 years plus), who often buys season passes and spends a lot of money on private ski lessons and at the Chalet bars. And weirdly I have also been a long term advocate of CP here. Yet I'm now treated like a piece of shyte????? I guess they neither want my return custom nor good publicity. Go figure.

I don’t believe that loyalty counts for much, if anything. And that’s all ski resorts.

Not much going on at CP today. Plenty of water though.

52D32F3C-1CEA-4371-80BB-F2648AB9BDD2.jpeg

B69AAE23-8CFA-46FF-82F6-0689515658E6.jpeg

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
I may be wrong, but didn't Perisher and Thredbo refund customers affected by CV-19 lockdowns? Blyton Group, no sympathy whatsoever.
Perisher did if you met the criteria. But that was not a loyalty thing. It was in the T&C’s and insurances. And they made you apply or miss out.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Perisher did if you met the criteria. But that was not a loyalty thing. It was in the T&C’s and insurances. And they made you apply or miss out.
I think they went above the T&C for the lockout (rather than lockdown) states. QLD, WA etc got credit for 2022 at P despite not being strictly eligible.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass