Charlotte pass lift tix

SMSkier

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 4, 2016
I think they went above the T&C for the lockout (rather than lockdown) states. QLD, WA etc got credit for 2022 at P despite not being strictly eligible.
None of which was a product of loyalty….

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Fozzie Bear

Where's my flapping ears gone.....
Ski Pass
Jun 2, 2014
In the woods
This is the extent of CP's terms and conditions:

Lift Passes Important Information

Regardless of how you enjoy your snow sport, always show courtesy to others and be aware that there are inherent risks in all snow recreational activities that common sense, protective equipment and personal awareness can reduce.

These risks include rapid changes in the weather, visibility and surface conditions, as well as natural and artificial hazards such as rocks, trees, stumps, vehicles, lift towers, snow fences and snowmaking equipment.

For all prices a Child is 5-13 yrs and an Adult is 14 years and over (unless otherwise specified). All prices and services are subject to change at the absolute discretion of Charlotte Pass Snow Resort.
Once purchased there are no refunds or transfers

RISK WARNING – Recreational activities (including skiing and snowboarding) involve a significant risk of physical harm or personal injury including permanent disability and /or death to participants. Any such injury may result not only from your actions but from the action, omission or negligence of others.

The bit in bold is the extent of their refunds and cancellation policy. It would not stand up in a court of law. but for $2k, it is not worth taking them there, so instead I will just warn anyone considering dealing with them.

Reactions: Jonathan_P

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Darn I missed that. Do they do deals like multiple times a season, or was it a once off that I missed.

BTW - I would love to see a combined Charlottes Pass and Selwyn season pass. I think there may have been such as product about 4-5 years ago. But my memory is dim.
I got an email y'day about some latest offer. Ring up I guess.

Reactions: BrindiCruiser

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
Darn I missed that. Do they do deals like multiple times a season, or was it a once off that I missed.

BTW - I would love to see a combined Charlottes Pass and Selwyn season pass. I think there may have been such as product about 4-5 years ago. But my memory is dim.

They serve two very different markets really, not much point in a combined pass.

BrindiCruiser

One of Us
Jul 24, 2016
They serve two very different markets really, not much point in a combined pass.

probably different markets but they both have more beginner oriented terrain. Hotham,Falls and Perisher arguably serve different markets but there is a pass that covers all of these. Seems to have been the trend in recent years.

I am pretty sure my family (which has a number of younger skiiers, and some teenagers who are green/easy blue cruisers) would like Charlottes Pass. My girls often ask if we can go to Selwyn.

I have never skiied Charlottes Pass, but I am interested.

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
probably different markets but they both have more beginner oriented terrain. Hotham,Falls and Perisher arguably serve different markets but there is a pass that covers all of these. Seems to have been the trend in recent years.

I am pretty sure my family (which has a number of younger skiiers, and some teenagers who are green/easy blue cruisers) would like Charlottes Pass. My girls often ask if we can go to Selwyn.

I have never skiied Charlottes Pass, but I am interested.

Go, just go! You will love it! And take the all the family!

I would suggest a day trip on their cheap ass tuesday special. It's a unique experience in AUS.

Just wait till late July Aug so everything is open, not much effective snowmaking there.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

BrindiCruiser

One of Us
Jul 24, 2016

I would suggest a day trip on their cheap ass tuesday special. It's a unique experience in AUS.

Just wait till late July Aug so everything is open, not much effective snowmaking there.

To be honest, having spent the $ for 5 Epic passes(or rather I will spend the $ when the final payments suck my account dry in May), I will focussing on Perisher for in-resort skiing this year.

Next year, I reckon I will be ready for a change up after the last 5 seasons at Perisher. Hoping the new chair will be at Charlottes pass, my wished for Selwyn/Charlotte's combo pass, plus whatever other hopeless wishes I can pile onto the season in 2023.

To be honest, having spent the $ for 5 Epic passes(or rather I will spend the $ when the final payments suck my account dry in May), I will focussing on Perisher for in-resort skiing this year.

Next year, I reckon I will be ready for a change up after the last 5 seasons at Perisher. Hoping the new chair will be at Charlottes pass, my wished for Selwyn/Charlotte's combo pass, plus whatever other hopeless wishes I can pile onto the season in 2023.

So my questions are based on scoping out the patterns for discounts, and learning a bit about Charlottes Pass.

So far, I think have learnt:
- overlift transport can be tricky to organise
- no flexibility on deals, therefore pick later season, and commit
- needs more snow to get running than some other places I have skiied in Oz.
- can be good deals around, but need to be on the mailing list with limited windows to buy the tickets
- can't combine cheap day tickets with accomodation - which is flat out strange.

PiggabeenBoarder

Hard Yards
Dec 28, 2017

So my questions are based on scoping out the patterns for discounts, and learning a bit about Charlottes Pass.

So far, I think have learnt:
- overlift transport can be tricky to organise
- no flexibility on deals, therefore pick later season, and commit
- needs more snow to get running than some other places I have skiied in Oz.
- can be good deals around, but need to be on the mailing list with limited windows to buy the tickets
- can't combine cheap day tickets with accomodation - which is flat out strange.
Hi @BrindiCruiser , I've stayed at Charlotte Pass with the family 6 to 7 times over the last 9 or so years so could probably offer my thoughts on your findings.

Oversnow is easy to organise normally but availability goes pretty quickly for early and late in the day during peak periods....if you don't mind not skiing the day you arrive then just pick a midday transport. Last year was a bit funny where they initially had less machines going but then increased them to match some demand. You just do it all on-line. They are flexible at the time also so if you arrive early and there's space they'll bump you on but like us last year they kept us waiting because another large family wanted to go with their friends and they allowed it??

Flexibility on deals does exist, typically in February they give I think around 20% off combined lift tickets and oversnow, then March it drops to 15% and so on. Years ago I actually called the lady at Charlotte Pass and asked about getting a discount due as the lift ticket deal dates were not aligning with the accommodation period dates, and she fixed my up - that might not happen anymore as they seem a little less inclined to be flexible. Also their Lucy Lodge deal is quite good and I don't think their main website page always reflects the actual deal - best to ring. To be honest I've not stayed there as it doesn't really suit us but on paper and by the numbers it's a good price (we like meals supplied, just part of what we wanted at the time for a holiday!). They have not been flexible with us regarding kids ski lessons - not sure what other resorts do but I find that dissapointing, as kids sometimes just either feel a little under the weather or get too cold and won't have a bar of it...we just wanted it to be moved to another day but they wouldn't and we lost the lesson!

Never had a problem with the snow amounts....the resort sits very high so you're going to get as much or more snow than the other resorts. The only problem is it has limited to no snowmaking and yes there's a section (Guthries) that won't open until later as it does need a fair bit of snow, so when it's not open you are limited to the main range which obviously doesn't leave a lot of terrain.

Yes get on the mailing list for deals and regular info....I don't really know about the limited windows to buy tickets, never experienced this. The normal prices for lift tickets are still considerably cheaper than other resorts but you are getting a fraction of skiable terrain so you need to weigh this up.

No the cheap day tickets are purely to get the day punters up, spend money while there and head back in the evening, nothing to do with the main clients who stay the week. Generally Charlotte Pass is setup for either 7 night stays (most of the main lodges have this as their options) or just day trippers who use these discount passes. It doesn't stack up though in my mind as the day trippers get things significantly cheaper.....

Overall we've generally loved Charlotte Pass but as the kids get bigger / older we'll likely move away from it (we are doing a week at Thredbo late this year for example). Last year wasn't handled the best and they were very erratic with when lifts / chairs opened and closed which was frustrating but I'm sure in normal times they'll come back to normal operations. It's just pretty limited and can start to get a bit boring - however with Guthries open and if / when the new Stilwell runs open then it could alleviate this somewhat. It's also so easy to move around (especially with little ones) and depending on where you stay can be truly ski in ski out.

Reactions: BrindiCruiser

BrindiCruiser

One of Us
Jul 24, 2016
Hi @BrindiCruiser , I've stayed at Charlotte Pass with the family 6 to 7 times over the last 9 or so years so could probably offer my thoughts on your findings.

Oversnow is easy to organise normally but availability goes pretty quickly for early and late in the day during peak periods....if you don't mind not skiing the day you arrive then just pick a midday transport. Last year was a bit funny where they initially had less machines going but then increased them to match some demand. You just do it all on-line. They are flexible at the time also so if you arrive early and there's space they'll bump you on but like us last year they kept us waiting because another large family wanted to go with their friends and they allowed it??

Flexibility on deals does exist, typically in February they give I think around 20% off combined lift tickets and oversnow, then March it drops to 15% and so on. Years ago I actually called the lady at Charlotte Pass and asked about getting a discount due as the lift ticket deal dates were not aligning with the accommodation period dates, and she fixed my up - that might not happen anymore as they seem a little less inclined to be flexible. Also their Lucy Lodge deal is quite good and I don't think their main website page always reflects the actual deal - best to ring. To be honest I've not stayed there as it doesn't really suit us but on paper and by the numbers it's a good price (we like meals supplied, just part of what we wanted at the time for a holiday!). They have not been flexible with us regarding kids ski lessons - not sure what other resorts do but I find that dissapointing, as kids sometimes just either feel a little under the weather or get too cold and won't have a bar of it...we just wanted it to be moved to another day but they wouldn't and we lost the lesson!

Never had a problem with the snow amounts....the resort sits very high so you're going to get as much or more snow than the other resorts. The only problem is it has limited to no snowmaking and yes there's a section (Guthries) that won't open until later as it does need a fair bit of snow, so when it's not open you are limited to the main range which obviously doesn't leave a lot of terrain.

Yes get on the mailing list for deals and regular info....I don't really know about the limited windows to buy tickets, never experienced this. The normal prices for lift tickets are still considerably cheaper than other resorts but you are getting a fraction of skiable terrain so you need to weigh this up.

No the cheap day tickets are purely to get the day punters up, spend money while there and head back in the evening, nothing to do with the main clients who stay the week. Generally Charlotte Pass is setup for either 7 night stays (most of the main lodges have this as their options) or just day trippers who use these discount passes. It doesn't stack up though in my mind as the day trippers get things significantly cheaper.....

Overall we've generally loved Charlotte Pass but as the kids get bigger / older we'll likely move away from it (we are doing a week at Thredbo late this year for example). Last year wasn't handled the best and they were very erratic with when lifts / chairs opened and closed which was frustrating but I'm sure in normal times they'll come back to normal operations. It's just pretty limited and can start to get a bit boring - however with Guthries open and if / when the new Stilwell runs open then it could alleviate this somewhat. It's also so easy to move around (especially with little ones) and depending on where you stay can be truly ski in ski out.

Really thankful for the comprehensive explanation.

john236

Hard Yards
Jun 19, 2015
Is it possible to book lessons for specific days in advance? On the CP web site I could only see the other things like lift passes, oversnow etc. Or the packages which are either 5 or 8 days.

jrr

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 20, 2002
Haberfield, Sydney
We only ever booked lessons when we got there. Of course you pick your day/time when making the booking in the office, but never did it pre-arrival. Soz, can't help you on that one.

I have found that they respond to email enquiries. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

DPS Driver

A Local
Jul 18, 2014
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using