charlotte pass question

sinhasiha

Hard Yards
Sep 1, 2014
giaiphong.vn
I will book a trip to charlotte pass over one of the weekends. My wife hasnt seen snow before so I thought to book a short trip there.

I have a few questions, it would be great if someone could answer them.

Is charlotte pass the best area in terms of scenery and things to do given we will only have a weekend there?

When is a good time to be there?

What kind of activities / places would be best? Do I need to book beforehand?

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•. ¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
..¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•Thank you.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
————————————————
w2.jpg
w.jpg
w2.jpg

Angus_McCrory

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 22, 2005
Lurking
Charlotte Pass has a lovely atmosphere but it can be a bit of a PITA to get to and from as you have to catch the oversnow from Perisher. If you want a mountain village experience, I would suggest Thredbo instead, plus there is more to do other than just ski/snow play. Would strongly suggest you do book as weekends during the ski season are quite busy. If you just want to see snow and are no concerned about skiing, I would suggest going after the October long weekend. There will still be lots of snow around the top, it will be less crowded and accommodation will be cheaper.

Ziggy

A Local
Aug 24, 2003
For the occasional visitor the Oversnow may feel like an endearing foible of the place, a picturesque amble through the alps ;)

Charlotte's is different. It's small and quiet like Baw Baw and Buffalo in Vic. With the tors it looks a bit like Buffalo too. The Chalet is a bit olde worlde like the Buffalo Chalet used to be.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
Reactions: Dos
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass