1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Après topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

charlotte pass

Discussion in 'Charlotte Pass' started by Mickhunt, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Mickhunt

Mickhunt Hard Yards

It is no wonder that charloette pass has no customers with such poor customer service.

This morning I was charged a booking fee prior to actually being on snow. At no time was I informed that there would be an actual deduction from my card it was simply done so that I could secure the over snow transport.

No refund to the card was allowed - who has ever been charged prior to using a product.

Massive unhappy as far as I am concerned they should turn the resort over to people who actually care about the industry. [​IMG]

They can keep the money and f#@k off - I will NEVER EVER return, threders and pb you have my full support. [​IMG]

#1 Mickhunt, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013
  2. Vermillion

Vermillion Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

I assume you spoke to CP and attempted to sort it out before starting a thread on the internet about it?

3. Mickhunt

Mickhunt Hard Yards

Yep no refund allowed, apparently "I should have known that they would charge my card", thats cool I will just NEVER EVER use their facilities again, just thought it would be nice to try somewhere else been riding pb and threders for about 8 years but how wrong I was.

4. shrimp

shrimp Hard Yards

"who has ever been charged prior to using a product."

Well, I bought a car a while back and they made me pay before before giving me the keys.However that part of the deal was made clear to me, so no surprise.

The old girl copped a battering last year so give her some breathing space, it sounds like they are trying hard this year.

Like Vermillion said, talk to them.

5. rocketboy

rocketboy One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Don't Mick - you join a long line of people who have complained about oversnow to CP since 1938.

In 1983 I once watched my best friend chase the oversnow bus around the front of the Chalet as he was so desperate to get out of the place. Of course in those days you got a free trip and back to PV mid week if you were staying at the Chalet.

Yes oversnow can utterly suck at CP and they need to get on it. Hopefully the new resort manager will learn about all these issues early in the season this year and decide on some changes to make everyone a bit happier and the process a little more user friendly.

But seriously lighten up a tad - at least at CP it's only 4 bucks for a coffee compared to 6 and more at PV. Skiing in Australia is a ripoff no matter where you go - hopefully that might change a tad in NSW with the new govt being a little more receptive to National Parks being for the use of people who pay the cost of their upkeep. But as I said in another thread you just watch the Packers turn into Greenies the minute they even mention a hint of competition beyond PV.

6. jrr

jrr Hard Yards

Sounds like a troll to me...

Let's see...

ring ring... how can i help you ?
    i'd like to book a snow cat for my trip to charlotte pass.
    certainly sir. what time ?
    oh - let's say 9 o'clock ish
    sure... what credit card card are you using to pay for that ?
    here's my visa #
    thank you - see you in a weeks time...
    thanks...

WTF - They actually charged me !!!! Who would have thought...

What was that handle again. Mi khunt... hmmm... sure it isn't richard cranium ?

7. Angus_McCrory

Angus_McCrory Old n' Crusty

Probably the only time I'm not is in a restaurant.

Ever flown, caught a train or bus? Pretty sure you pay and book before you travel.

Can't see the problem.

Also, as there is limited transport into and out of CP, bookings are a necessity.

#7 Angus_McCrory, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  8. maps

maps Hard Yards

Sure it sounds like much ado about nothing, but from a customer service point they didn't do the job.

It isn't like the OP wanted to not pay or not book, he says he objected to them taking it from his credit card the way they did. It is entirely possible the person on the phone taking the booking didn't say they would take the payment at booking time (when I booked last year a promise about something didn't turn out to be true).

If the customer has a problem why not just fix it and let him pay another way? Pedantic rule implementation gets you nowhere. CP just need a simple referral method to a manager who can actually do something - telling the customer bad luck, go away just results in anger.

It is probably just a left over from the previous years rules and attitudes. Find the manager while you are staying there and ask him, I'm sure you would have it sorted.

9. pussycat

pussycat First Runs

Well when I worked there and people would book the morning seats out. So most of the time when guests wanted to get into the village they could only get seats on the afternoon buses. So on the day a lot of the people who never paid for their transport wouldn't show up. So the bus would leave with spare seats. Not fair on the people who pay and want to get I'n early. If your diffenately going to go to charlottes then what's the problem with paying?

10. Stratus

Stratus A Local

Err...

So, what did you expect they would do with your credit card? Use the numbers to enter the lotto?

They took your credit card and made a booking fee (essentially a deposit before you used the service, to ensure you did not pull out).

The poor person from Charlottes forgot to mention a small fee would be taken out.

Then you complain when you are charged and not refunded (why should you be?)

[​IMG]

IIIDDDDIIIIOOOOTTT!!

#10 Stratus, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  11. Nidecker

Nidecker One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

Charlotte Pass has the occasional shortcoming, but not this time! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#11 Nidecker, Jul 11, 2011
  12. Mickhunt

Mickhunt Hard Yards

For everybody out there reading this post I retract what I had posted earlier, still upset with the communication breakdown but I will now say;

• we were on time to and from the resort in less than ideal conditions
    • once we were there we were greeted by management and shown around (nice touch)
    • mid school holidays - only about 150 people (perisher prob had 5000+)
    • lunch was good, lodge was comfy for a rest midday
    • no super fresh scene, just good skiers teaching their kids
    • everybody staff included were friendly
    • great snow because of charlottes bowl, no wind

Awesome time was had even after being stuck on the chair for 40 minutes at the end of the day (got a free hot chocolate for our troubles)

13. Angus_McCrory

Angus_McCrory Old n' Crusty

CP has it's quirks and getting there is one of them. Props MH for your change of position.

14. rocketboy

rocketboy One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

A lunch time hot Ribena stand at the top of the chair would be a nice gesture to put on when the weather was good. Getting off the Chair up top is always a stunning experience and when the weather is good it'd be nice to have a hot sweet drink to power up with.

15. snowninja

snowninja Hard Yards

If you book a room at my accommodation I charge your Credit Card as soon as I am off the phone to you. Its called a deposit and can be refunded if you choose to cancel with plenty of notice given. I dont do bookings without some sort of deposit, and just taking the cc number gets you nowhere.

16. Ben

Ben One of Us

Call your bank and tell them you had an unauthorised transaction on your card without permission and get a reversal. That you can do...

17. shadowblue

shadowblue First Runs

...and once the vendor finds the transaction has been reversed, the booking is no longer booked

That's why I wouldn't do this to my 50% tariff deposit paid for my Sept stay at CP [​IMG]

Very pleased to see the OP's change of heart here

#17 shadowblue, Jul 13, 2011