Charlottes Pass 2021. Trip Reports, Pics, Updates and Conditions.

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
Myfi
2 Pistes and lift line have been groomed on Guthries. Rumoured to open Sat.
My first day trip to CP for the season this Thursday 29/7. Bought half dozen ticket blitzes. The big concern though is the ACT border bubble is apparently about to be announced this week. Upon thinking of the logistics involved and speaking to friends in Albury it would appear that once your in the bubble you will be permitted to travel from QBYN to ACT for work and back but if you travel outside the bubble to the snow or the coast then you won’t be permitted back into the bubble for work for 14 days.
I may be barking completely up the wrong tree but if it unfolds similar to the Albury/Wodonga bubble then the ramifications for the NSW Skifields is that, whats left of the skiing market (ACT/QBYN) will essentially be locked out of the snow unless they are in the position of not having to go to work in the ACT.

Thoughts anyone?

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Myfi

My first day trip to CP for the season this Thursday 29/7. Bought half dozen ticket blitzes. The big concern though is the ACT border bubble is apparently about to be announced this week. Upon thinking of the logistics involved and speaking to friends in Albury it would appear that once your in the bubble you will be permitted to travel from QBYN to ACT for work and back but if you travel outside the bubble to the snow or the coast then you won’t be permitted back into the bubble for work for 14 days.
I may be barking completely up the wrong tree but if it unfolds similar to the Albury/Wodonga bubble then the ramifications for the NSW Skifields is that, whats left of the skiing market (ACT/QBYN) will essentially be locked out of the snow unless they are in the position of not having to go to work in the ACT.

Thoughts anyone?
Hopefully that wont be the case. Just go for it and take every day as it comes.

Myazma

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 10, 2009
Jindi
Myfi

Thoughts anyone?
Thoughts on ACT restrictions- new thread

Reactions: skifree

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Day 7 today. My legs are ready for a rest. Very few people about due to very poor vis. Off piste was very hard work with sketchy, lumpy crust underneath. Found a few very nice bits but they were hard to come by and constant goggle wiping was essential. But what a great week it has been.

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Myfi

Thoughts anyone?
Whats your source for this? I’m in the bubble and haven’t heard anything?

dayzoff

One of Us
May 25, 2012
Canberra
Whats your source for this? I’m in the bubble and haven’t heard anything?
Canberra Times last Friday said ACT regional bubble is imminent in the next week. Which bubble are you in? Not sure what you mean by that? Other long term forum members all of opinion any ACT/QBYN bubble would still allow free movement around surrounding LGAs for skiing etc as long as there is no outbreak.

toxicfox

Hard Yards
Aug 15, 2010
Had a good first hour on the tbar but under the chair was heavy and sticky. Australian powder after yesterday’s amazing snow.
1879FF15-148C-4BDA-8079-1DF6514DD060.jpeg

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums