Question Charlottes Pass

Discussion in 'Charlotte Pass' started by Bogan Daddy, May 26, 2018.

1. Bogan Daddy

Bogan Daddy Early Days

All,

A newby. I have heard that stillwell is no more at the pass. Guess the rent was too high on the lease. Anyone know whats going on and if anyone has picked it up?

Had the best food at the pass and a pretty decent wine list to boot. Sorry to see it go.

2. Ian

Ian Hard Yards
    Ski Pass: Gold

Yes, closed, walked away from their lease.

Still plenty of accommodation options available, come up for the day and have a look in person. Have to commit and book early.

3. jrr

jrr Hard Yards

My understanding from the press release on the 'upgrade' was that Stillwell is going to be part of that process and reopen as accommodation etc... timeframe unclear

4. Ian

Ian Hard Yards
    Ski Pass: Gold

When you add in the price of the Skitube and oversnow it's 'premium' priced for a cost sensitive clientele; families with multiple kids. I can't see why CPV even charges for lift tickets, they get a proportion of lodge turnover already, they'd save the cost of administering tickets, they could just charge everyone $50 for the oversnow return. I can't imagine more than 12 punters skating in and out from Perisher to ride free, they'd buy $50 worth of lunch and beers anyway.

5. Boutros

Boutros One of Us

A newsletter recently put out by CP states that Stillwell will be open in 2019 - both accom and restaurant (a mexican one if I recall correctly).