Resource Cheap / Free flights to Queenstown

Discussion in 'Flights' started by Neslot, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Neslot

Neslot Dedicated Member

Hi All,

I signed up for an AMEX Velocity Platinum credit card which was posted on here ages ago. It's been the best value credit card I've had by far, offering 80,000 Velocity Frequently Flyer points and the additional annual perks:
    • one FREE domestic return flight ticket
    • 2 x Access to Virgin domestic lounge
    • 2 x Access to AMEX International lounge
    • Complimentary Travel Insurance
    • 3 Velocity Points per $1 at select locations (e.g. restaurants)
    Annual fee is $349, but is clearly offset by the above. Annual income must be $65k+.

If you're on the east coast you can currently get free/cheap direct tickets to Queenstown. e.g. I just booked 8th to 14th SYD>QT return @ 63k points, alternatively you could get them for 35k points + taxes.

I have a referral link which gives me a 20k point bonus, it's win-win though as if you apply for this card direct or through an affiliate you'll only earn 50k Virgin Velocity points.

More info / Apply: https://goo.gl/fxilux

travelislife likes this.
  2. Neslot

Neslot Dedicated Member

Apparently, 2 people signed up! Tthanks legends, thats a return flight to Bali.

3. Neslot

Neslot Dedicated Member

So AMEX have upped this to 100,000 Velocity Points, which is enough for return flights to LAX from east coast. 140k gets you return flights to Rome with Singapore Air. Signup or read more about the card here. Note that this is my referral URL and I earn a bonus 30k if you signup through me.

4. benchives

benchives Part of the Furniture
    Season Pass Gold

But no one takes amex

5. Neslot

Neslot Dedicated Member

I use it for all my bills, groceries, retailers, flights and most restaurants.

But you're right the average coffee shop won't take it nor will the newsagency.