1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Cheapest Harrietville ski/chain package hire

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by ahronshapiro, Aug 23, 2013.

1. ahronshapiro

ahronshapiro Hard Yards

Hi,
    I'm having trouble figuring out which is the cheapest option for renting skis and chains from Harrietville.
    I am renting gear for two people for two days.

Hotham Sports offers free chain hire with two ski rentals, while Hoys has a coupon for 15% ski rentals BUT it appears that chains are not free with the discount... but it is free if you take no discount. Then supposedly it is 20% off the skis if you pay to rent chains. And if so, what is the bottom line when chain rental is factored in on a two-day ski rental for two people. This is all really confusing.

Also, do either Hoys or Hotham Sports offer swap of gear in Hotham Village if the gear was procured in Harrietville? I'd wait until I get to Hotham Village to get the skis, except I want a deal on the chains.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated

2. TOFF

TOFF Im kind of a big deal Ski Pass: Gold

Why not call and ask them what they will charge?

3. FlatLander

FlatLander Addicted

I think you will find hoys have the best quality gear and there service is great. I am pretty sure all prices will be on the websites. Hoys definitely offer gear swap between all their stores no probs, I would assume Hotham sports offer this as well.

From memory if there is 2 of you then its better to go with the pay for chains and get the 20% off ski hire, And dont forget if you hire hoys chains then they will fit them for you and take them off.

4. hun

hun First Runs

I know it isn't Harrietville, (so please ignore if this post is completely useless to you), but Bright Ski Centre has competitive ski hire rates and if you hire two sets of skis and boots you get a free set of chains. Hired from them this year and absolutely no complaints.