1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

coffee at falls

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by emkae, Jun 19, 2007.

1. emkae

emkae One of Us Ski Pass: Gold

we are heading up to falls in the vic school holidays

what are the best options for coffee on the mountain - we want to be able to easily ski to/from wherever

what are the alternatives to just going to cloud 9....THANKS !

2. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

There is a new cafe at the top of Wombats that was open on the weekend, pretty average coffee out of a machine but it fixed my caffine needs and I was happy enough sitting out the front watching the world go by. Cost $3.80 so not to bad for an on the snow Al Pal effort.

Dickie Knees has been refurbished (well I hear they are frantically finnishing the works and thats always a good spot to stop.

In town the Gateway cafe is a favourite of mine at the base of Gully. Easy ski down inter once thats open for coffee there.

3. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

best coffee? absolutely no question: Huski.

Not really located for grabbing a quick one between runs, but it is the best.

If you like really rich hot chocolate, try Huski's.

Convenient on-slope/near slope high quality coffee - doesn't exist.

(I confess to being a coffee snob. I'd rather go without than drink something that isn't really good)

4. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

I should open a Gloria Jeans at Falls Creek where Cafe Max is now, would be rich I recon.

5. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

What's happening with the Frying Pan this year. Is it still part of th Alpal monopoly?

6. andrew7

andrew7 Hard Yards

Gateway coffee is good as long as you can ski down inter, and second the call for Huski- great coffee and atmosphere

7. ausi ski bum

ausi ski bum A Local

Yep stil an Al Pal property, can't blame him really he has a lot of staff and staff accommodation is a real issue in Falls Creek. As more new and refurbished properties appear the older ones will most likely become staff accommodation to fill this void.

#7 ausi ski bum, Jun 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
  8. snaddict

snaddict First Runs

Gloria Jeans at FC? God forbid, literally. I agree, Huski is by far the best coffee. GJ however donate 10% of their profits to Hillsong Church and don't openly declare it. I have an issue with companies that donate profits to a chosen religion without disclosing it in their literature in store so the consumer knows.

9. Doogie

Doogie First Runs

Cafe Milsch (I think it is at Huski Lodge) has the best Hot Choc and coffee by far. Also best place to stop for lunch. Whilst not on the major slopes you can easily ski to and from it and often they have a sausage sizzle out the front. Food here certainly beats the grease and oil change you get else where, not to mention avoiding the rat race.

#9 Doogie, Jun 23, 2007
  10. currawong

currawong Old but not so Crusty Ski Pass: Gold

Milch is at Fruehaf. The Produce Store is at Huski. When Ory's trail has cover, it is easy to get to Milch. I think Huski outdoes Milch for coffee, but Milch would be 2nd choice. +1 is a hot choc fiend and prefers Huski too.

11. Doogie

Doogie First Runs

Oops, my mistake, all the names tend to blur into one after a while.

#11 Doogie, Jun 26, 2007
  12. freckles

freckles First Runs

Hey everyone. It won't help during the day, but in the afternoons I do great coffee at Feathertop. 4:30 onwards. We just got the machine this year, because it is soooo important to provide good coffee when you are running a restaurant. I'd rather go without than drink (and pay for) crap too.