teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Coming soon to a ski store near you.
$30 - all proceeds to go to Steve.

No doubt most of you are already aware that Steve Lee, Olympic ski legend has recently suffered a debilitating Stroke.

He’s currently fighting hard to regain as much as he can, but his prognosis is not great, with 24/7 care being required for the rest of his life.

He is more conscious about the hardship that it has brought on his family and friends rather than himself and his humour keeps him buoyant and is infectious.

He needs our help to keep him out of shared care facilities and get him the best rehab, accommodation and transport in order to help him prove his prognosis wrong and get him back to living a more independent life again.

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
I can see the old bugger on a wheelie ski in the future if nothing else.
I can hear him in my mind telling the bloke steering to "Go Faster FASTER"
Put me down for one, but in RED if possible because red ones are warmer.
I really am going to miss seeing him out there and my lifts out to Pretty Valley

teckel

"I'm not a cat"
Ski Pass
Oct 16, 2004
Narbethong, Vic
www.mysticmountainsskihire.com.au
Yes please!
I personally won't be stocking them, because I fear they will not sell well to the snowplay or the XC ski community. But I would anticipate that all the downhill stores will have them, and I'd urge everyone to buy one or more. If you can't find them, get one from @CarveMan I'm sure he'll be stocking them.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I just ordered 50, I'll post here when they arrive and I have them online.

Just for transparency the price is $30 inc GST, we are being invoiced for $27 ex-GST so there is zero profit in it, and with free shipping it will actually run at a small loss but I'm not fussed about that, and XTM are covering the manufacturing and distribution costs themselves so 100% of the proceeds will be going to Steve. It's not one of those weasel-word 'profits go to charity' - with this one it's the lot.

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
I'll pay postage to Falls Creek PO because it is not fair that you take the postage loss.
Also very happy to pay now and wait as I'm leaving for the hill on Tuesday next.
Sending PM now

Reactions: CarveMan

parkmonkey

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 20, 2005
On a wave or mountain face near you.
1624924741655.jpeg

1624924717461.jpeg

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Pre-order?
And I don't think anyone minds paying the postage btw
It's just whether I can be fcukt creating an exception for our blanket free shipping online policy. And whether they order a beanie as part of a bigger order etc etc.

But if people specifically want to pay for the shipping I can do that manually. Will be $7.

I'll set up a pre-order today.

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
I know it's a good cause (and I have already donated to Steve). But where are they made and what are they made of? Hopefully not 100% synthetic, made in China (like MND ones).

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
I'll set up a pre-order today.
Sidetracked by EOFY. Hopefully tomorrow.

I know it's a good cause (and I have already donated to Steve). But where are they made and what are they made of? Hopefully not 100% synthetic, made in China (like MND ones).
I'd imagine that they will be acrylic and made in China but will confirm when they arrive.

Looking like approx 17th July

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Live on our store: https://aussieskier.com/products/xtm-steve-lee-beanie

If you want to pay for shipping, select Express at checkout, will only be a buck or two more than regular post for a small, light item like this. In-store pickup is good too.

But if not I don’t really mind, it’s a worthy cause and if that greases the wheels of the donation then it’s all good.

Just for transparency I’ve attached the invoice, we’re paying $27.27 ex-GST

Attachments

• AR Invoice_1029275_20210716_91857AM.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Hully and whether

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
Ordered and paid for two. One will be gifted perhaps. I didn't get Express shipping as an option.
Best wishes to Steves family and hoping for some improvement in his condition with time and hard work

Reactions: CarveMan
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums