1. SPECIAL NOTE TO NEW REGISTRATIONS

If you recently registered and have not received a confirmation email - please check your 'Spam or Junk' folders. Especially if your email is Hotmail. More help with confirmation issues

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  2. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Use the Force filters, Guest!

Skis     Snowboard     Telemark     Clothing     Boots     Bindings     Accessories     Roof Racks     Chains     Outdoor Gear     Wanted     Free     Sold

TUTORIAL: How to post in Gear Swap so it sells

Wanted Complete Splitboard Set Up 158 to 161

Discussion in 'Gear Swap' started by Harry James, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Harry James

Harry James Hard Yards Ski Pass: Gold

Hey Frothers. Looking for a split board. Range from 158 to 161. Looking to get the whole kit if I can. Board, Bindings, Skins, Poles. I think that will do me. If you have one that you are looking to shift, let me know. Also, I have a load of gear I can swap if you want, but if not. Happy to part with cash!!!

2. Belly

Belly A Local Ski Pass: Gold

My 2c, you're looking at a pretty niche and slow market, but expanding nevertheless.
    As an indicator I've had 2 set-ups since 2004 :)

Having said that, you could:
    - Offer a bit more info on your set-up that you want to swap for, maybe there is someone out there opposite to you in wanting to go shorter or longer
    - Call into Rhythm and/or reach out to @firstlight and see if they can sort something out for you (nsw focus sorry)

Good luck with getting your new set-up, keep frothing :)

Harry James likes this.
  3. smackies

smackies A Local

Join the Australian Backcountry and Splitboarders of Australia groups on facebook if you haven't already.

Gear comes up pretty regularly.

nezumi and Harry James like this.
  4. Belly

Belly A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Yeah I was going to mention FB as broadly aware of those groups but I'm not on FB :)

Harry James likes this.
  5. craighelo

craighelo One of Us

There's been a few come up on the New Zealand, Wanaka and Queenstown ski touring FB pages recently if you are heading over this way

Harry James likes this.
  6. blowfin

blowfin One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Unless you can find a really good deal i'd pretty much recommend going for new kit.
    A lot of the second hand boards I see come up are overpriced, and you're probably getting a setup that's a couple of years old in terms of weight and tech.

Have a think about what you'd be willing to pay for a new gear that's a season or two old, and then apply that to the second hand stuff you see out there, and consider it's undoubtedly got some form of wear and tear, even if it's only been used for a few days.

nezumi likes this.
  7. nezumi

nezumi One of Us

This seems to be especially true for the price of second hand gear versus end-of-season sales.