Trip Report Corin Forest - ACT

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
How awesome to have a real beginners slope to learn on near Canberra. It beats having to go all the way to one of the resorts.
So good. The short run is less noticeable when you’re on skis too (and don’t have to strap in and out of a board every 5 seconds). Fun little laps and then home for lunch and a nap!

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
Missed all this excitement a few days ago. A chairlift at CF would be awesome. Assume it would be up the steeper cleared slope that the old poma went up. I will officially learn to telemark if this is the case as I’m in Cbr a few times each winter without heading further south and the first person here who offers to teach me will receive my business!

Ill come and give you some tips. I worked at Corin in its second year of operation, and haven't skied it since! Would be cool to see it happen. The old run is still very visible (as mentioned), but I think they might be hoping for the original proposal which goes further up the hill, and would give a decent short run of varied pitch. Love that photo @Billy Jack I think its from the first year, those trees had been cleared when I was there.

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
So you want to tele...

Step 1

beard_maintaince.jpg

Reactions: telecrag

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
Is there enough terrain to, and do they let you skin up the side of the run? Need to get the girlfriend acclimatised to her touring gear.
I did it on opening day last year, there wasn't many people there so they didn't seem to mind. We did pay for the lift ticket still though. There's a nice little spot off to the side that's good to practice small downhills in walk mode - it's a huge learning curve for a boarder to split ski, but I imagine having heel disengaged on the downhill for a skier can be disconcerting at first too.

No rental gear available this weekend so I'd say it's likely to be quiet again - you can usually estimate numbers from the number of available tickets when booking online.

Interruptedbyfireworks

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 1, 2018
Queanbeyan, NSW
Just to stimulate a bit of discussion. I skied the lifted run in the 80s... short rope tow. Imagine the possibilities... have they bought an old chairlift?

Screen Shot 2021-06-17 at 10.34.17.jpg
Yeah they've bought an old chairlift, last update I saw it had arrived at the resort but they didn't have an ETA on install. I haven't visited since winter last year so maybe someone else has seen whether there is any evidence of development in progress?

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass