Coronavirus - travel during and after COVID

sli1

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 15, 2001
Brisbane
'mandatory quarantine for US citizens returning home is not under consideration'
so presumably everyone else gets quarantine
Like @MarzNC said, I can’t imagine the US has the will (and certainly not the capability) to manage enforced quarantine. It’s bad enough here, imagine the differences from state to state in the US!

Sandy

Dark Sith Lord of the Pool Room
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yokohama, Japan, Melb. Expat.
### It looks like the CDC in the US will implement a policy that people leaving the US can take an approved self test kit with them to test 3 days before their return flight:

https://www.emed.com/airline-travel?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyNHlm9zB9AIV_hXUAR3FrQR8EAAYAyAAEgIXpfD_BwE

Accepted by United Airlines, American Airlines and Delta Air Lines for entry into the U.S.

Currently, the tests expire on 1st Feb 2022, but they will provide kits with later expiry dates later. The Cost is $150 USD for 6 kits. ($30USD each or about $40 AUD, which is way cheaper than commercial tests, including Australia which currently only has PCR tests.)

Last edited:

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
over50skifitness.blogspot.com
### It looks like the CDC in the US will implement a policy that people leaving the US can take an approved self test kit with them to test 3 days before their return flight:

https://www.emed.com/airline-travel?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyNHlm9zB9AIV_hXUAR3FrQR8EAAYAyAAEgIXpfD_BwE

Accepted by United Airlines, American Airlines and Delta Air Lines for entry into the U.S.

Currently, the tests expire on 1st Feb 2022, but they will provide kits with later expiry dates later. The Cost is $150 USD for 6 kits. ($30USD each or about $40 AUD, which is way cheaper than commercial tests, incuding Australia which currently only has PCR tests.)
While it's extra effort, makes sense that the airlines have to be involved when it comes to international flights. After all, when someone checks in for an international flight at an American airport, they have to show their passport before getting to the boarding area. Presumably, doing extra checks beats having flights banned for more than a week or two.

From a quick look, flights between South Africa and New York City are by United, code sharing with Lufthansa. Actually not that many states international airports with direct flights to Europe or Africa. New York City, Atlanta, maybe Miami, and Chicago are the cities that come to mind on the Atlantic coast. On the Pacific coast, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles probably have the most international flights.

As in early 2020, the flights that matter for the USA when it comes to COVID-19 are probably those from Europe more than any other continent. Especially with travel so limited with China and Japan right now.

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
New rules for flying to the USA go into effect on Dec. 6, 2021.

December 2, 2021 (USA)
" . . .
Today’s announcement means that beginning December 6, all air travelers, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status, will be to be required to show a negative pre-departure COVID-19 viral test taken the day before they board their flight to the United States. For example, a passenger whose flight to the United States is at any time on a Sunday would need to have a negative test taken at any time on Saturday.

CDC continues to recommend that all travelers get a COVID-19 viral test 3-5 days after arrival, and that unvaccinated travelers should quarantine for 7 days after travel.
. . ."

vladimirshreddin

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2020
Are we able to transit through Auckland from Aus?

I've got an AirNZ flight credit which i want to use so there will be a layover SYD>AKL>LAX. Flight Centre are saying i can't layover in Auckland as a transit passenger, however all the information on the website seems to say i can.

My flight credit is locked with Flight Centre so i'm unfortunately suck with going through with them.

try hard

Addicted
Ski Pass
Feb 4, 2001
Sydney,Australia
Are we able to transit through Auckland from Aus?

I've got an AirNZ flight credit which i want to use so there will be a layover SYD>AKL>LAX. Flight Centre are saying i can't layover in Auckland as a transit passenger, however all the information on the website seems to say i can.

My flight credit is locked with Flight Centre so i'm unfortunately suck with going through with them.

Transit through New Zealand​

If you pass through New Zealand on your way to another country and do not plan to stay you are a transit passenger.

As a transit passenger you can only travel through Auckland International Airport where you must stay in the transit area of the airport or on board your craft. Normally you must spend less than 24 hours in transit in New Zealand, but this may change at short notice due to COVID-19 Alert Levels.

From the Air New Zealand website. It looks like as long as you remain in the transit area you're OK.

Reactions: vladimirshreddin

Kash

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2007
Sydney
Grabbed the Jetstar buy one get one free Sydney to Phuket flights for end March 2022. Just excited to be getting away so hope it happens without too much ball ache as its the family of 5! We don't mind doing a quarantine resort for 1-3 days upon landing in Phuket.

Anyone done thailand since it opened up? Originally booked Samoa on points via fiji a few months ago, but cancelled when it became clear they werent letting people in (plus the conflict).

Nov 14, 2000
Australia
I've had two thoughts about the impact of Covid on international travel. Don't like either of 'em mind you. First one is - say one is away on an overseas trip in the next month or two. It's 72 hours out before returning home - and you get your $150 PCR result and it's positive. What next. Do you get a new test every day for weeks while you desperately await a negative result ?? At what point do you feel brave enough to make the booking for the flight home....only once you have a negative result, or say after 10 days in anticipation of a negative result in the coming week? Makes the certainty of Australian style 2020/21 14 day hotel quarantine on arrival seems like a holiday by comparison.

Next musing is - as case numbers surge around the world - what are the implications for airlines as increasing numbers of passengers start making those calls to them saying they can't make their flight. When does it no longer become viable to operate services.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Grabbed the Jetstar buy one get one free Sydney to Phuket flights for end March 2022. Just excited to be getting away so hope it happens without too much ball ache as its the family of 5! We don't mind doing a quarantine resort for 1-3 days upon landing in Phuket.

Anyone done thailand since it opened up? Originally booked Samoa on points via fiji a few months ago, but cancelled when it became clear they werent letting people in (plus the conflict).

My man in Bangkok sent me a few photos from his Ko Samui Christmas

IMG-20211224-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20211223-WA0000.jpg

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
Next musing is - as case numbers surge around the world - what are the implications for airlines as increasing numbers of passengers start making those calls to them saying they can't make their flight. When does it no longer become viable to operate services.
I would guess you haven't been following the various scrambles that have happened with domestic flights in the USA. Passengers shifting schedules are not the issue. The bigger problem is when airline employees who work on the planes are unavailable due to positive tests or close contact. Add in a weather issue, and suddenly there are hundreds or thousands of people stuck in airports. In general, there have been far fewer flights scheduled in 2021, even after people started flying more starting in April.

Passengers on American flights are required to be vaccinated or have a recent negative test. Delta has been around since June 2021. So far, the airlines have been able to keep going.

Reactions: cold wombat
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Sandy

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
I've had two thoughts about the impact of Covid on international travel. Don't like either of 'em mind you. First one is - say one is away on an overseas trip in the next month or two. It's 72 hours out before returning home - and you get your $150 PCR result and it's positive. What next. Do you get a new test every day for weeks while you desperately await a negative result ?? At what point do you feel brave enough to make the booking for the flight home....only once you have a negative result, or say after 10 days in anticipation of a negative result in the coming week? Makes the certainty of Australian style 2020/21 14 day hotel quarantine on arrival seems like a holiday by comparison.

Depends where you are going.
To start with, In countries that have widely available Rapid Antigen tests, do a test before your $150 PCR test. In the US, they cost $14 for a pack of 2 tests in Walmart. Or schedule a free test at CVS or Walgreens pharmacies.
1. It's 72 hours out before returning home - and you get your $150 PCR result and it's positive. Just keep doing Rapid Antigen testing until you get a couple of negative tests on consecutive days. Then do the $150 PCR test.
2. Most airlines have free changes right now. But fare differences may vary depending on availability. And some restrict the number of changes.

Nov 14, 2000
Australia
Depends where you are going.
To start with, In countries that have widely available Rapid Antigen tests, do a test before your $150 PCR test. In the US, they cost $14 for a pack of 2 tests in Walmart. Or schedule a free test at CVS or Walgreens pharmacies.
1. It's 72 hours out before returning home - and you get your $150 PCR result and it's positive. Just keep doing Rapid Antigen testing until you get a couple of negative tests on consecutive days. Then do the $150 PCR test.
2. Most airlines have free changes right now. But fare differences may vary depending on availability. And some restrict the number of changes.
Good advice. (I have already bought dozens of quality RA tests at $A7 each - so well prepped for heading OS)

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
You are also able to go see a doctor when you test positive and they can certify you as “recovered” and no longer contagious, which when used with your positive PCR tests will allow travel.

Reactions: Townsend

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Quick Q for all the Covid times travellers.

Throw ya tips at me.

I’ve packed and ya know me - I’ve packed everything bar the kitchen sink. But any hot tips you might have from your own experiences, I’d be thrilled to hear them.

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
Quick Q for all the Covid times travellers.

Throw ya tips at me.

I’ve packed and ya know me - I’ve packed everything bar the kitchen sink. But any hot tips you might have from your own experiences, I’d be thrilled to hear them.
Don’t forget your skis/board.

• Haha
Reactions: LMB

sara777

A Local
Ski Pass
Apr 23, 2008
Sydney

vladimirshreddin

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2020
Not sure where to post this but i'll thought illd share my experience getting my booster early due to international travel.

My 4 months is up on Jan 10th but i'll be in the states from Jan 3rd - Jan 25th, and as a 29 year old who got 2 AZ jabs i wanted to get boosted to avoid the worst of the symptoms if i did get it overseas.

The info online is a bit murky with all the recent changes, so i called up the helpline and the guy told me to try my luck at a walk in clinic and said they were generally fairly flexible.

So i went to the Homebush state hub yesterday, told my situation to the help hub. Then had to get approval from the doctor which took all of 5 seconds and before i knew it i was booked in the the following hour.

Pretty painless other than the long line ups.

They didn't even ask to see my outbound flights.

So anyone who wants to get boosted early because of travel, it's defiantly doable.

Sandy

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Not sure where to post this but i'll thought illd share my experience getting my booster early due to international travel.

My 4 months is up on Jan 10th but i'll be in the states from Jan 3rd - Jan 25th, and as a 29 year old who got 2 AZ jabs i wanted to get boosted to avoid the worst of the symptoms if i did get it overseas.

The info online is a bit murky with all the recent changes, so i called up the helpline and the guy told me to try my luck at a walk in clinic and said they were generally fairly flexible.

So i went to the Homebush state hub yesterday, told my situation to the help hub. Then had to get approval from the doctor which took all of 5 seconds and before i knew it i was booked in the the following hour.

Pretty painless other than the long line ups.

They didn't even ask to see my outbound flights.

So anyone who wants to get boosted early because of travel, it's defiantly doable.
The other way of handling that if going to the US, you can book a booster online then walk in the same day at CVS & Walgreens pharmacies, and Walmart free of charge. Probably the only disadvantage is that it won't be on your Aussie vaccination record..... but you DO end up with a CDC card!!!

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
The other way of handling that if going to the US, you can book a booster online then walk in the same day at CVS & Walgreens pharmacies, and Walmart free of charge. Probably the only disadvantage is that it won't be on your Aussie vaccination record..... but you DO end up with a CDC card!!!
Bit of a stretch here, but do you know if similar would apply in Canada? Hoping for my 11 year old daughter to get her first Pz dose while we’re in Canada, if that’s feasible.

Sandy

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Bit of a stretch here, but do you know if similar would apply in Canada? Hoping for my 11 year old daughter to get her first Pz dose while we’re in Canada, if that’s feasible.
Don't know. I only have experience of getting shots in the US.

Reactions: Annabuzzy

vladimirshreddin

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2020
Yeah that was my other option if I couldn’t get the Jab here. The fact I got it here means I have a week of added booster immunity before I’m out in the wild in Colorado.

Sandy

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Yeah that was my other option if I couldn’t get the Jab here. The fact I got it here means I have a week of added booster immunity before I’m out in the wild in Colorado.
You need to be aware that infections are running rampant in the US: 465,000 new cases yesterday.
I returned to Japan from the US this time last week.... almost nobody wears a mask in the US, no social distancing, many shops no longer have hand sanitiser.
ALSO, you need to do your COVID travel test within ONE DAY of your departure. i.e. Sample taken within the day before departure, so a morning test is ok for an evening flight the next day, but it's no longer 3 days, it's 1 day. You also need to source a PCR test in the US, 72 hours before departure back to Australia.... Rapid Antigen tests are common, but PCR tests less so and expensive.

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
from the US this time last week.... almost nobody wears a mask in the US, no social distancing, many shops no longer have hand sanitiser.
Yes, but the entire country is not like Texas.

@vladimirshreddin is going to Colorado. I was in Colorado Dec. 10-19, mostly around Wolf Creek. Masking was required indoors at the ski area and was being followed by employees and customers. Especially true in busier areas like the lodge with the cafeteria. Not so much in the restrooms where people were in and out fairly quickly. Some restaurants were requiring employees to masks. More so in the tourist towns of Pagosa Springs and Salida than in the cities I passed through driving from North Carolina to Colorado and back east via Cleveland to drop off my travel/ski buddy.

Reactions: vladimirshreddin

vladimirshreddin

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2020
Yes, but the entire country is not like Texas.

@vladimirshreddin is going to Colorado. I was in Colorado Dec. 10-19, mostly around Wolf Creek. Masking was required indoors at the ski area and was being followed by employees and customers. Especially true in busier areas like the lodge with the cafeteria. Not so much in the restrooms where people were in and out fairly quickly. Some restaurants were requiring employees to masks. More so in the tourist towns of Pagosa Springs and Salida than in the cities I passed through driving from North Carolina to Colorado and back east via Cleveland to drop off my travel/ski buddy.
I have been keeping up with local mandates in Summit and Eagle county and it seems very reasonable. I would like Vaccine mandates for all ski resort areas, it seems dumb that someone in the gondola doesn't need to be vaccinated, but in the restaurant they do... All tough i'll take what i can get to be honest lol.

I understand the inherent risks and have the flexibility to extend my stay if i do contract Covid. The wife and i are young, boosted, and cautious.

At this point i'm just excited to look forward to a proper international holiday.

vladimirshreddin

Hard Yards
Jun 8, 2020
You need to be aware that infections are running rampant in the US: 465,000 new cases yesterday.
I returned to Japan from the US this time last week.... almost nobody wears a mask in the US, no social distancing, many shops no longer have hand sanitiser.
ALSO, you need to do your COVID travel test within ONE DAY of your departure. i.e. Sample taken within the day before departure, so a morning test is ok for an evening flight the next day, but it's no longer 3 days, it's 1 day. You also need to source a PCR test in the US, 72 hours before departure back to Australia.... Rapid Antigen tests are common, but PCR tests less so and expensive.
I'm travelling in a few days so i have everything in regards to testing sorted.

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
I have been keeping up with local mandates in Summit and Eagle county and it seems very reasonable. I would like Vaccine mandates for all ski resort areas, it seems dumb that someone in the gondola doesn't need to be vaccinated, but in the restaurant they do... All tough i'll take what i can get to be honest lol.

I understand the inherent risks and have the flexibility to extend my stay if i do contract Covid. The wife and i are young, boosted, and cautious.

At this point i'm just excited to look forward to a proper international holiday.
Vail Resorts just decided that people in gondolas should be masked. That may become the standard policy in Colorado.

At the same time, Jackson Hole is dropping the mask requirement for the tram because the local county is no longer requiring it.

I would be very suprirsed in any American ski resort tries to impose vaccination requirements. Masking indoors is common. Vaccination requirements for certain food service outlets exist but is more common at destination resorts on Epic/Ikon.

The old adage "think global, act local" applies. Can probably find different approaches to masking and vaccination requirements along the same street in a lot of American towns these days.

Have fun once you get past the international border complications!

Sandy

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
Vail Resorts just decided that people in gondolas should be masked. That may become the standard policy in Colorado.

At the same time, Jackson Hole is dropping the mask requirement for the tram because the local county is no longer requiring it.

I would be very suprirsed in any American ski resort tries to impose vaccination requirements. Masking indoors is common. Vaccination requirements for certain food service outlets exist but is more common at destination resorts on Epic/Ikon.

The old adage "think global, act local" applies. Can probably find different approaches to masking and vaccination requirements along the same street in a lot of American towns these days.

Have fun once you get past the international border complications!
I suppose a buff is suitable wear for a "mask"?

MarzNC

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 8, 2017
Raleigh, NC, USA
I suppose a buff is suitable wear for a "mask"?
Not officially. That was true last season as well. But I think enforcement varies a lot.

At Wolf Creek the majority of the people inside the lodge with the cafeteria and main bar were wearing actual masks, either good cloth ones or even KN95. There were a few people just pulling up a buff, but they generally weren't inside for very long. I know Wolf Creek was very conservative about opening up any indoor venues last season, so the locals and regulars are probably pretty aware that if there is an outbreak then they could lose the ability to sit indoors for a while. There was less mask usage in the restrooms where people were in and out pretty quickly.

Since masking isn't required outdoors, people don't really seem to mind masking up indoors.

Here's what can be found on the Steamboat website:
"While at Steamboat Ski Resort, masks or facial coverings are required while indoors by all guests and staff, regardless of vaccination status, except when eating or drinking while seated at a table. Single layer buffs and perforated or vented masks are not allowed. Facial coverings are not required outdoors."

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
So we have spent the last week carefully navigating shops and human interaction to reduce the risk of infection as we fly out early on the fifth.

Four days out we are looking okay albeit just had a call from the house sitter, who is best friends with one of my staff. They both have covid! Faaaaark.

Decisions to be made

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
So we have spent the last week carefully navigating shops and human interaction to reduce the risk of infection as we fly out early on the fifth.

Four days out we are looking okay albeit just had a call from the house sitter, who is best friends with one of my staff. They both have covid! Faaaaark.

Decisions to be made
Let me know if you need a stand-in housesitter (depending on whether you are a contact given the staff member’s COVID). May have an 18 yo or a friend of hers who stand in at short notice.

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Let me know if you need a stand-in housesitter (depending on whether you are a contact given the staff member’s COVID). May have an 18 yo or a friend of hers who stand in at short notice.
Haha have not seen staff member since the 17th so all good for close contact. Don’t fear Ms S was second on the list of possible house sitters

Reactions: Lady Penelope

Chux-sw

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 7, 2018
Where's My Jumper
My eldest is off to Ireland next week on her first solo international trip.

Our research indicates she does not need a pre trip PCR test.
She is flying Emirates to Dubai a direct connection to Dublin.
There is no indication that Emirates require a test.
For transit passengers through Dubai the requirement is based on the destination country plus a short list of arrival countries that Australia isn't on.
Ireland dropped testing for vaccinated travellers a week ago.

Are we missing something? It just seems weird that everyone else leaving the country needs testing.

Of course we can't talk to anyone as the call centre lines are either engaged or ringing out.

Hyst

Enjoyer
Ski Pass
Nov 23, 2014
Copenhagen
www.ahmadjoudeh.com
My eldest is off to Ireland next week on her first solo international trip.

Our research indicates she does not need a pre trip PCR test.
She is flying Emirates to Dubai a direct connection to Dublin.
There is no indication that Emirates require a test.
For transit passengers through Dubai the requirement is based on the destination country plus a short list of arrival countries that Australia isn't on.
Ireland dropped testing for vaccinated travellers a week ago.

Are we missing something? It just seems weird that everyone else leaving the country needs testing.

Of course we can't talk to anyone as the call centre lines are either engaged or ringing out.
Looks like it - just locator form and proof of vaccination.

Reactions: Chux-sw

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
I’m researching logistics about a March trip to Europe. Will more than likely be landing and departing from Zurich.
Will book the flights but everything else last minute once we hopefully produce the negative PCR test prior to leaving BNE. Not ideal but doable I guess.
My question is regarding the PCR test for return to Australia. How do I know if the airline (Singapore) and Australian government recognise the particular lab that has done the test? How do I ensure the test comes back in time?

Sandy

Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1998
I’m researching logistics about a March trip to Europe. Will more than likely be landing and departing from Zurich.
Will book the flights but everything else last minute once we hopefully produce the negative PCR test prior to leaving BNE. Not ideal but doable I guess.
My question is regarding the PCR test for return to Australia. How do I know if the airline (Singapore) and Australian government recognise the particular lab that has done the test? How do I ensure the test comes back in time?
They don't have to recognize the lab. My daughter got a test at a medical clinic in Austin Texas.... It's not famous or well known

Reactions: Sbooker

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
They don't have to recognize the lab. My daughter got a test at a medical clinic in Austin Texas.... It's not famous or well known
So I get any PCR test from any lab and as long as it has my name on it and it is within the required time frame I’m good to go?

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
Just looking at our test it does have a lab number.

Personally I would use a recognised lab I.e see where the locals are going and go there. Is their an international covid test option where you are traveling?

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
Just looking at our test it does have a lab number.

Personally I would use a recognised lab I.e see where the locals are going and go there. Is their an international covid test option where you are traveling?
I expect to be flying out of Zurich but a couple of days prior will be in Chamonix I expect. There is a lab there.
It says results in 24 hours but…..
I would prefer to do it in France rather than at the airport in Zurich just in case the worst happens and we have to sit it out for a while. I’m guessing accommodation and room service at the Zurich airport would be a lot more expensive than holing up in a valley town?

Annabuzzy

That's 'ma Lord Buzzy to you
Ski Pass
Jul 31, 2012
Sydney
I expect to be flying out of Zurich but a couple of days prior will be in Chamonix I expect. There is a lab there.
It says results in 24 hours but…..
I would prefer to do it in France rather than at the airport in Zurich just in case the worst happens and we have to sit it out for a while. I’m guessing accommodation and room service at the Zurich airport would be a lot more expensive than holing up in a valley town?
We’re in Canada and just like in Chamonix the exit PCR test is facilitated by the resort - it’s done 3 days prior to departure. Seems the best way to go.

Reactions: Telezacski

Townsend

One of Us
Ski Pass
Mar 28, 2014
We flew to the USA on Wednesday and had a great flight. We had a test at Sydney airport which was very easy, received the results in less than 2 hours, and then went back and picked up three certified hard copies. All of this cost $79.

We thought this was a pretty good deal and I would recommend that, even if she may not need it, she has it ……just in case although by March things will probably be very different.

Reactions: sli1 and Annabuzzy

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
From someone in isolation in a foreign country get tested in a location where you have access to the most space. Personally I would even splurge for the last couple of days just in case!

B629F77C-D710-44A9-8405-9B2D88BE9570.jpeg
100% this.

I’m glad we did a runner to stay back with our partners in Covid. Despite the extra cost and a few frazzled nerves. Could not imagine doing it, disappointment and worries and all in bloody hotel quarantine with restrictions on what you can prepare/laundry etc.

LMB

Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Volcano .... tsunami ..... covid

Adventure hammock holiday :eek:
Not a lot of difference between us wanting the skiers from Sydney and Canberra to be coming to the snow last season so we could all make ends meet, and the tropical island staff wanting their visitors to come so they can do the same.

With 2yrs of experience in living with Covid behind us it is time for those that can bear the delays and expense of interrupted and hurdle filled travel to start doing so, so that those industries are still then when the rest of the community is ready to engage.

If that’s not you.
That’s ok.
But I’m cheering @Telezacski and family on.

dawooduck

relaxed and comfortable
Ski Pass
Oct 26, 2002
Mountains
Not a lot of difference between us wanting the skiers from Sydney and Canberra to be coming to the snow last season so we could all make ends meet, and the tropical island staff wanting their visitors to come so they can do the same.

With 2yrs of experience in living with Covid behind us it is time for those that can bear the delays and expense of interrupted and hurdle filled travel to start doing so, so that those industries are still then when the rest of the community is ready to engage.

If that’s not you.
That’s ok.
But I’m cheering @Telezacski and family on.

I was a tad concerned for them given the volcano that just went boom in Tonga.

No really part of "covid planning"

That is all

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass