Corral Carpark - open for commercial tender

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
I think I saw some general discussion on this previously, but there's now a formal tender process for the development sites ate Corral Carpark.

Reactions: Any and Tanuki

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
It's more like an EOI at this stage..

https://rmb.mthotham.com.au/Property-Planning/Land-Release-RFT#12885355-further-information

with the RMB changing to ARV who knows what might actually happen. That's a huge investment and I expect there can only be one interested party.

1656037073621.png

Tanuki

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Sep 29, 2010
It's the opposite of developing a strategic plan for creating a village hub. Piecemeal, site by site development could still deliver a decent, human, community orientated outcome but it's unlikely if there's no decent design guidelines.
It's pathetic.

Any

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 23, 2015
oz/japan/usa
wow they don't leave it RFT for long. just 2 months?
maybe you're right, there might already be an interested party, but they're required to publicly tender anyway for a minimum time period.

my understanding is that the only incentive is that you get to hold the lease, at a maximum of 51 years?
is that enough for someone to invest 20m per property? I honestly don't know.

I was interested about the parking situation, downloaded the rft documents and found no specific requirements, just that they're heavily weighted in the proposal, and that you don't pay capital ingoings on the meterage.
also found a heap of spelling and grammar mistakes n stuff in the documents.

CarveMan

Tremendous Slouch
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
wow they don't leave it RFT for long. just 2 months?
maybe you're right, there might already be an interested party, but they're required to publicly tender anyway for a minimum time period.

my understanding is that the only incentive is that you get to hold the lease, at a maximum of 51 years?
is that enough for someone to invest 20m per property? I honestly don't know.
Banks won't lend against that so they surely have a cashed up party and are just going through the motions.

Reactions: Any and Tanuki
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

djam

One of Us
Apr 6, 2009
who knows, Vail might be interested :rolleyes:

2 months or so seems to be pretty standard. There is another tender/EOI for the replacement of the ARMB building that hit the market in February. It is really to design the building along with the ARMB.

Rover

One of Us
Jun 20, 2003
Front Seat, left hand side
here we go again....is the RMB trying to rush this through before the changes in the structure later this year? or is this the precusor to put the resort up for sale again....if so, someone needs to remind them that if you really want to sell the resort, pop a few "proposed lifts" on the planning and it will sell like hotcakes...

Any

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 23, 2015
oz/japan/usa
here we go again....is the RMB trying to rush this through before the changes in the structure later this year? or is this the precusor to put the resort up for sale again....if so, someone needs to remind them that if you really want to sell the resort, pop a few "proposed lifts" on the planning and it will sell like hotcakes...
corral carpark replacement has been on the master plan since like 2013. sure seems like a rush to me.

Reactions: cqen2l
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass