Covid checking

FatBoyDave

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 3, 2013
Melbourne
Hi, is anyone able to confirm how they intend to enforce this?
i.e. what proof do I need and who do I need to show it to?

Below is what is on the Hotham website.
Hotham is one of the only resorts in Victoria that doesn't have a manned entrance gate (at Harrietville or Dinner plain side).
So if I have a season pass I don't need to go to Hotham Central... I do what exactly with my negative result?

An update from us​

Thursday 17 June 2021

From Friday 18 June we look forward to welcoming all guests into the resort, following the announcement of relaxed travel restrictions for Melbourne residents. To ensure our resort remains safe and compliant with Government restrictions, we wish to make Melbourne guests aware that entry into the resort is only permitted where visitors can provide proof of a negative COVID test taken within 72 hours of departing Melbourne.

FatBoyDave

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 3, 2013
Melbourne
Yep but do I have to flash it everytime I go to the Genny and get asked if I come from "that place"... or does it rely on the honour system?

I know the resort is playing catch up and based on press releases from most of the resorts they were unaware that this would be imposed on them to manage.. but as a paying customer I would like to know what I need do before I head up there next week.
- Do I need to book my 2 year old in at a doctor or take her to the Children's hospital to get swabbed? (Mobile testing clinics don't do kids that young).

Reactions: Chaeron

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
the onus is on RMBs to check, not mountain businesses .

buses into resorts have to check their passengers

buller and fc RMBs are advising that they will
have checkpoints. I expect Hotham will be the same. Don't know about DP but guessing its exempt because few would go there without going to Hotham.

Reactions: nezumi

skiman81

Hard Yards
Sep 27, 2013
Would have thought there is more chance of getting Covid having been otheriwse healthy and forced to stand in line with other people who are presumably sick waiting to get a Covid test and might actually have Covid.

This makes it almost impossible for me (and I would assume others) to do the weekend trips. Not sure how these idiots in government think people have time to take off work every week and get a test. Much easier to implement these rules when you are paid by the public purse regardless of whether you work or not.

On a different note, perhaps I have missed something, but the Epic Australia Pass seem to have remained rather silent on this. It seems to me that this is a rather material change to the terms on which people can access the snow fields and a term not known to people at the time they booked their pass. Don't get me wrong, I want the Australian ski fields to thrive and prosper, but this seems to warrant a refund on passes to me.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Would have thought there is more chance of getting Covid having been otheriwse healthy and forced to stand in line with other people who are presumably sick waiting to get a Covid test and might actually have Covid.

This makes it almost impossible for me (and I would assume others) to do the weekend trips. Not sure how these idiots in government think people have time to take off work every week and get a test. Much easier to implement these rules when you are paid by the public purse regardless of whether you work or not.

On a different note, perhaps I have missed something, but the Epic Australia Pass seem to have remained rather silent on this. It seems to me that this is a rather material change to the terms on which people can access the snow fields and a term not known to people at the time they booked their pass. Don't get me wrong, I want the Australian ski fields to thrive and prosper, but this seems to warrant a refund on passes to me.
If buller was epic, maybe.
I doubt that it will trigger an epic refund though. I could be wrong.

If you have purchased other tickets then i think you can get full refund for any reason add long as you give 7 days notice in writing

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
Can't post in vic restrictions - cancel culture permeated moosh and can't refer to covid jokingly as *insert country of origin here* virus (yes I get that calling it that isn't helpful, but it is true. This is a country which has stuffed up the entire world yet its racist to call it that?!) / no I didn't see the thread warning and the man with the big stick won't let me back in

I won't be taking an unnecessary, invasive test to go to my own home at dinner plain (which legally I don't have to as its not an alpine resort...unless the directions included DP?)

I haven't been to any exposure sites and no symptoms, take your test sutton and shove it up your ass. 0 daily cases with 50 people with the flu and continued fear mongering

The GAR is a public thoroughfare. What happens when i want to drive through the resort (or stop on the side of the road for BC access)? The hotham rmb covid police are going to tell me no I can't? What a joke.

yeh man the danger is so high of someone transmitting the virus in their car and parked on a road. More chance of getting it off the person manning the road (ps the resort area is too big and shouldn't take in all the non lifted areas off the road)

Also apparently season passes are no longer available after yesterday. TLDR, what a stupid idea. I wouldn't purchase until I head up mid July. Looks like vail doesn't want my money. Let's see how it goes; if the rmb isn't flexible then I won't be supporting hotham and won't spend a cent in the resort

Looks like I'll be using DP as a base and jumping in the 4wd and touring boges, feathers, fainters, etc. Fine by me

Or travel to nsw as DP is in the border region (no declaration required) and live at Island bend

Feel sorry for all the businesses that will be affected by yet again another example of government over reach after already destroying the season in 2020. Continue to destroy Victoria, well done labour

Continued erosion of freedoms / adding barriers to entry. Enough is enough. Not proportionate. Take a stand everyone
DP exempt.

Reactions: hongomania

DidSurfNowSki

One of them
Ski Pass
Jan 19, 2014
Canberra, ACT
The kicker is that the 'free' Govt testing sites mightn't want to test people who just want to go to the snow. You have to meet their entry criteria.

Taken to the extremes you need to see your GP to get a referral to a testing clinic. You go to the test clinic say 2 days before you go to the snow. They send the results back to your GP. You see your GP for the results and get them printed out. Wave the test results under the nose of anyone that asks.

I had to do this recently when traveling somewhere not here.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Can't post in vic restrictions - cancel culture permeated moosh and can't refer to covid jokingly as *insert country of origin here* virus (yes I get that calling it that isn't helpful, but it is true. This is a country which has stuffed up the entire world yet its racist to call it that?!) / no I didn't see the thread warning and the man with the big stick won't let me back in

Yes, it's racist to pin the responsibility for the origins of a novel virus on a particular country/people.

The naming of the Spanish Flu came about because the press in Spain were free to publish details about the infection rates, despite the first cases being recorded in Kansas.

Naming pandemics or viruses based on a particular area can have consequences to people from those areas, despite a lack of direct connection or responsibility.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I'll bite, only once to not derail thread

Fair enough. I'll call it the CCP virus then

---------------‐-------------------------------

Back to hotham covid checking. The road is a thoroughfare. I dont need a test to go to dinner plain, and I don't have to ski anywhere within hotham area as 4wd / backcountry

What happens if I want to go for a cruise to bright and have not had a test before leaving Melbourne? The RMB is going to tell me I can't use a public road I pay for with 3 registered vehicles?!...

fcuk off vicgov and your public servants who have no idea
i suspect that you could get through but better not park in resort or get a bus to hotham

Reactions: Chaeron

Doonks

Let's cook!
Ski Pass
Jul 17, 2000
Mulgrave, VICTORIA

I won't be taking an unnecessary, invasive test to go to my own home at dinner plain (which legally I don't have to as its not an alpine resort...unless the directions included DP?)

I haven't been to any exposure sites and no symptoms, take your test sutton and shove it up your ass. 0 daily cases with 50 people with the flu and continued fear mongering

The GAR is a public thoroughfare. What happens when i want to drive through the resort (or stop on the side of the road for BC access)? The hotham rmb covid police are going to tell me no I can't? What a joke.

yeh man the danger is so high of someone transmitting the virus in their car and parked on a road. More chance of getting it off the person manning the road (ps the resort area is too big and shouldn't take in all the non lifted areas off the road)

Also apparently season passes are no longer available after yesterday. TLDR, what a stupid idea. I wouldn't purchase until I head up mid July. Looks like vail doesn't want my money. Let's see how it goes; if the rmb isn't flexible then I won't be supporting hotham and won't spend a cent in the resort

Looks like I'll be using DP as a base and jumping in the 4wd and touring boges, feathers, fainters, etc. Fine by me

Or travel to nsw as DP is in the border region (no declaration required) and live at Island bend

Feel sorry for all the businesses that will be affected by yet again another example of government over reach after already destroying the season in 2020. Continue to destroy Victoria, well done labour

Continued erosion of freedoms / adding barriers to entry. Enough is enough. Not proportionate. Take a stand everyone
TLDR

Reactions: Hillcrest

tcross

One of Us
Dec 26, 2005
Richmond, Victoria
www.instagram.com
Wow it is sad to see how much Moosh has changed over the years when a Moderator speaks like that.

The reality is that the original name was to point out where it came from in the beginning. It was not racist. Yes we now have a new naming system for variants of alpha bravo Charlie delta. It won’t be long and the true source will come out of where it comes from.

To keep things on topic: the new entry requirements are a pathetic reactive joke. I have lived my COVID time overseas in China and watched the government here destroy itself from the exact same behaviour.

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
From hotham RMB

Screenshot_20210619-115316_Outlook.jpg
What's to stop someone saying 'I'm just driving through' then stopping in the resort and going to their accommodation / going skiing?

Reactions: cold wombat

CarveMan

I Never Slice
Ski Pass
May 12, 2000
Les Hautes Montagnes
aussieskier.com
Unless the rmb officer records every car that says they're driving through and then checks entry/exit cams later

Or vicpol do random checks
Yeah would make sense if they have an iPad or whatever and cross reference the number plate with the person's covid declaration, and if they don't come out the other side within the usual time window that doesn't trigger a resort entry payment then there's recourse.

Reactions: currawong

FatBoyDave

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 3, 2013
Melbourne
So many loopholes, glad they have changed it to a "recommendation to be tested."
I still contend that it should be all and not just 1 very large regional group.

Gumbo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2000
Wollongong N.S.W
I can see how you would think this, perhaps I should try harder to be more nuanced in my contributions

Racist - stuff a country (it's government anyway) which allowed this pandemic to happen and then tried to cover it up

Belligerent - yes I am hostile due to the government over reach

Arrogant / selfish - I disagree, I don't think I'm important, I think the restrictions are unfair on everyone, but can only comment directly on how they affect me

Valueless - luckily my trip report posts are so valuable then!

Uninformed - that's not fair, I am very informed just have other opinions to alot on here

Bile tasting - I'll pay that

Irrelevant - bit harsh, there's some usefulness in there

Low brow - I'll pay that - after being banned from Vic restrictions thread and not being let back in, I decided to be more low brow where the forum allows

useful as a baby wipe on the Exxon-Valdez - that's a good one
Will you rename it the US virus if the latest information that the “lab leak” theory has ignored to date. That the lab in question was funded heavily by the good old USA.

Imagine the west deciding to do experiments that could be considered extremely dangerous. Then instead of doing them on home soil they decide to outsource them to another country. Who is responsible then???

Reactions: hongomania

Eros C

Hard Yards
Jul 31, 2016
Hi there, wondering if you can help and have a better understanding of the covid tests protocols. We are staying in Cobungra from the 20-23 August arriving from Melbourne. We are getting a covid test on Wednesday just in case results take 48 hr. Therefore results are available by Friday 20th when we arrive. Saturday 21st would be the cut off day to fall in-line with the 72 notice period for results before entering Mt Hotham. If we are skiing in Hotham on Sunday 22nd is another test required as it’s technically more than 72 hrs from out first test.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Hi there, wondering if you can help and have a better understanding of the covid tests protocols. We are staying in Cobungra from the 20-23 August arriving from Melbourne. We are getting a covid test on Wednesday just in case results take 48 hr. Therefore results are available by Friday 20th when we arrive. Saturday 21st would be the cut off day to fall in-line with the 72 notice period for results before entering Mt Hotham. If we are skiing in Hotham on Sunday 22nd is another test required as it’s technically more than 72 hrs from out first test.

no definitive answer

are you skiing on Fri or just driving through? if not stopping in resort then you should be able to drive through. in that case delaying your test by a day might be better.

otherwise, experience at Falls suggests that you may get a sticker on your car that adds 3 days to your first entry day, or the day of your result.

or better still, it might all change by then

Eros C

Hard Yards
Jul 31, 2016
no definitive answer

are you skiing on Fri or just driving through? if not stopping in resort then you should be able to drive through. in that case delaying your test by a day might be better.

otherwise, experience at Falls suggests that you may get a sticker on your car that adds 3 days to your first entry day, or the day of your result.

Thanks
no definitive answer

Yep one for the too hard basket. Response from Alpine health below.

Hi,
Thank you for contacting Alpine Health.

Unfortunately I can not answer your complex question. You will need to check the DHHS website or ring the Corona Virus hotline.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Thanks

Yep one for the too hard basket. Response from Alpine health below.

Hi,
Thank you for contacting Alpine Health.

Unfortunately I can not answer your complex question. You will need to check the DHHS website or ring the Corona Virus hotline.
I very much suspect that ringing either of them would be a waste of time

ringing RMB might give you a better answer. But any answer you get this week could well change by the time you need to get tested

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass