CP Appoints a new GM

Rimey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 28, 2010
The modest end of the Great Divide
On the Latest News sidebar;
Charlotte Pass appoints GM

I've never been to CP. Hope this new GM fixes the things the regulars are bitchin' about.
Good spot to take intermediate ski friends if they fix the beefs...

Handy if they did a BC'ers deal; Oversnow return + 1 chair ride, first thing, last thing.
Thredbo do the chair only pass for BC'ers.

Last edited by a moderator:

toxicfox

Addicted
Aug 15, 2010
That broom keeps on mooving (gets more use than snow shovels throughout the season anyway)

Charlotte Pass Village Pty Ltd announced today that Michelle Lovius has tendered her resignation as Hotel General Manager of the Kosciuszko Chalet Hotel, and will be leaving the resort in February 2011.

Kevin Blyton, Chairman of Charlotte Pass Village Pty Ltd said, “I am grateful for the contribution Michelle has made to our company over the many years she has been associated with Charlotte Pass. We all wish her well for the futureâ€.

Michelle Lovius said “I have thoroughly enjoyed my over 13 years at Charlotte Pass, working at the Kosciuszko Chalet Hotel. As much as I love the resort it’s now time to explore other opportunities. I can’t wait to come back for a ski holiday in 2011.

I look forward to seeing all the great changes and improvements I know are in the pipeline.â€

The replacement process will begin shortly.

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
fast_limey said:
On the Latest News sidebar;
Charlotte Pass appoints GM

I've never been to CP. Hope this new GM fixes the things the regulars are bitchin' about.
Good spot to take intermediate ski friends if they fix the beefs...

Handy if they did a BC'ers deal; Oversnow return + 1 chair ride, first thing, last thing.
Thredbo do the chair only pass for BC'ers.

no idea how their business model works, but I suspect t its the oversnow transport that would make this idea fail. the cahialist chairlift doesnt really cost them anymore to run, whether you have one ride or lots, and as the oversnow transport is already full (at least in peak), then where would be the incentive for them to offer your idea?

Rimey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 28, 2010
The modest end of the Great Divide
Gareth,
The oversnow capacity is it for CP. A single lift ride costs them nothing. In my naivity, I thought there might be an off peak oversnow slot for the BCers. If one doesn't exist then it doesn't. If they up capacity, then there might be.

How can they "get a return" on BCers ?
A beverage or a meal while waiting for an oversnow out ?
Ex CP BC adventures ... mmm maybe, been done.
If I was running the show, a BCers deal would probably be a CLM indulgence.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
nomination for imunt of the week. took me a while to decipher
tongue.gif
gareth_oau said:
the cahialist doesnt really cost them anymore to run, whether you have one ride or lots, and as the oversnow transport is already full (at least in peak), then where would be the incentive for them to offer your idea?

gareth_oau

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Dec 27, 2008
Canning Vale, Perth
currawong, do you really have no idea what a cahialist is? shame on you!! LOL.

I even had some tits in there too
laugh.gif

PeterH

Hard Yards
Aug 16, 1998
I've just had an e-mail with some new staff memebrs.

I don't know anything about them.

Nicholas Pearce - Head Mechanic

Mark Ratcliff - Mechanic

Chris Higgs - Lift Fitter

Michael Moutos - Electrician

sfo

Hard Yards
Sep 8, 2009
anywhere there's snow
I believe there's 110 beds in 34 ensuited rooms with fridge, hairdryers, microwaves, tv. Some rooms include units with 2 bedrooms.

I doubt they'll find a manager for winter only.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

wangster

A Local
Oct 24, 2008
hehe I wasn't far off!

I agree - I think a decent manager will not be interested in 3 or 4 months work. They need to find a way to generate year round visitation. Easier said than done though!

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Blue Mtns, 1100M.
Got a nice introductory letter from the new manager of Kosci Chalet Hotel and a new glossy CP booklet/brochure inviting us to CP in winter 2011.
We haven't been since 2003 when it was fantastic for the 5 years we CP'd , so they're obviously pulling up old patrons from their vaults and trying to get people back.
A promising start to hopefully a new era!
PS, we'll probably still head to Thredbo this year but maybe a day trip to CP to suss out the new management style.

H

Hacski

tele-whippet said:
Got a nice introductory letter from the new manager of Kosci Chalet Hotel and a new glossy CP booklet/brochure inviting us to CP in winter 2011.
We haven't been since 2003 when it was fantastic for the 5 years we CP'd , so they're obviously pulling up old patrons from their vaults and trying to get people back.
A promising start to hopefully a new era!
Same here. we were there 5 nights in 2001 and the next year or so received a postcard sized reminder which ceased until this one came with a cover letter and a Thredbo/Perisher style brochure. Probably won't be picking up on the contact but it is a good sign.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass