Trip Report Crispy's Tohoku Tour

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
I guess my question is, how set are you on Hakuba? If you’ve got say 3 weeks, then yeah, epic road trip. Get an IC pass and go nuts. Snow might slow up some travel times, but if you can wing accommodation a bit and follow the weather that sounds pretty awesome.
Epic passes... $900 ( 3 X 5 all mountain) of lift passes for free plus cheap accommodation at friends.
But yeah. I get.
I'm thinking mori and Sendai would have cheap business hotels...

Sbooker

One of Us
Ski Pass
Sep 28, 2015
I guess my question is, how set are you on Hakuba? If you’ve got say 3 weeks, then yeah, epic road trip. Get an IC pass and go nuts. Snow might slow up some travel times, but if you can wing accommodation a bit and follow the weather that sounds pretty awesome.
What is an IC pass if you don’t mind?

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
This is my toll bill from Jan.
Screenshot_2020-11-03-21-18-47-56.png

Medicine_Shoes

One of Us
Dec 9, 2018
Is there a reason for wanting to go to Tohoku after Hakuba? Why not the other resorts nearby Hakuba or even Gunma prefecture. Leaving Tohoku for its own trip would be best I reckon.

Reactions: Froff Life

fennekeg

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 3, 2018
Arnhem area
I'm thinking mori and Sendai would have cheap business hotels...
What's your definition of cheap? We did mostly business hotels last time, had a hard time finding a good deal in Sendai, especially compared to other cities. We ended up getting a tiny room, smallest of the trip (hardly any space to store our backpacks, and we were without ski equipment) for Y16.000, while we averaged around Y10.000 for accom on the trip. But we had limited ourselves to hotels close to the station, perhaps you can get a better deal when you steer clear of the city centre.

Ramenman

A Local
Mar 3, 2014
I like this kind of combo. Staying at a clean cheap Onsen Ryokan which is very near a luxury Onsen Ryokan where you can take the Onsens without staying. For example, this Onsen Ryokan has very good Onsens with great views. Their Onsens are only 1,200 Yen for day trippers. Ice creams, etc are for free there (ice creams after Onsen is great!).
https://shousuke.com/

Then, only 4 min walk from the luxury Onsen Ryokan, there is this new cheap Onsen Ryokan, which is only 3,500 - 6,000 Yen per night per person (it depends on which room you choose). So, 1,200 Yen (for great onsens) + 3,500 Yen = only 4,700 Yen per day. Ah, they are in Aizu Wakamatsu.
https://hpdsp.jp/yukkura-inn/en/

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass