Crosscut Saw

hongomania

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
Dunno if this helps @hongomania but we use the natural depth on family run at buller as a guide for the bluff, similar aspect and m ASL. Crosscut is east facing, and certainly lower than stanleys bowl on stirling but with similar aspect, or maybe to the eastish runs on buller down to horse hill

Awesome. Shot make for some sick shots bro; snowed gullies and bare spring ridges and peaks; with some mad shred from @GregTheMoose

Let's see him send some air on the zero Gs

chokenchickin

One of Us
Mar 30, 2010
do you think there will be enough snow left from the 21st - 28th september to make a trip worthwhile?
I guess you have to consider that the area is nearly 500m lower than the NSW Main Range, and it has been fairly warm lately. I am sure that you would find some nice South facing lines to ski, and have a great trip regardless of the snow conditions as the scenery is so awesome. Skiing wise though, I think it would be hard to beat the Main Range in late September if the weather looks fine.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
6A2DA79E-BC67-4450-9211-FA5B9EF12729.jpeg
Awesome. Shot make for some sick shots bro; snowed gullies and bare spring ridges and peaks; with some mad shred from @GregTheMoose

Let's see him send some air on the zero Gs

In my experience no.

You’d be better served heading West to the MR.

Thats Twynam on the left & Watsons Crags on the right and lotsa lines in between.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Hi. Having just walked much of that route this week I would have to say it would be a huge adventure and a nut cracker in winter. Potentially the weather and snow cover could dictate a shorter mission. Post holing down from the King Billy No. 1 saddle , along the ridge and over/ around Mt. Magdala could be exhausting and /or hairy .Esp. what with All that extra gear your have to bring e.g. :Heavier winter tent; more stove fuel ;snow shovel ; extra thermal clothing layers; extra food; skis and snow shoes sometimes both strapped to the pack etc. I will consider a day ski tour from the Bluff Hut to Lovick's hut and back. That would be more than sufficient. The food and campfire fuel drop that I recovered this week from the Bluff hut vicinity was not tampered with so I must have hid it well :).

Reactions: pegasusSki
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass