1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

crowds @ buller?

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by tickers75, Jun 30, 2007.

1. tickers75

tickers75 First Runs

looking at heading up to buller tomorrow....guessing along with every man woman and beast. just wondering off anyone that went up today how busy it was with the snow we got this week and also of course what the white stuff was like? cheers.

2. Fluffy beanie

Fluffy beanie One of Us

it's probably going to be packed out. Stay clear of bourke st and wombat chair and you shoudl be sweet. there is quite a bit of terrain open now for this time of year.

I'm hoping it won't be too crowded. I am heading up there in the 2nd half of the week

3. nigz

nigz First Runs

Hey tickers, was up at Buller today for a day trip. Given that it is the start of school holidays, I was amazed at the short lift queues. With heaps of lifts open, it lets the crowds disperse alot more. Good skiing and snowboarding all over the mountain, buy your lift ticket from the Buller sports centre near Horse hill and take that lift up to the mountain, that way you avoid the bus ride up and also BB1. BB1 and wombat were very...very crowded, stick to the other many options available. Lots of icy patches. Good snow around the emirates lift. enjoy!

4. snowflake girl

snowflake girl First Runs

they were not too bad, like nigz said, avoid bourke st, little buller, wombat and burnt hut, is very popular as it has just opened.

5. Monaroq

Monaroq First Runs

Can someone who has been up today explain why southside has not been opened. No advanced terrain means no trip up for me!

6. luvthabumps

luvthabumps A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Back in MEL ( with annual trips to the 604 )
    southside area still looks pretty thin coming up the Bull Run chair yesterday. I think it would have been open if we didn't have all that damage during the week. With the predicted snowfall later this week though I wouldn't be surprised if they got some more advanced areas open by next weekend. I think we will stick around Emirates for a few cruisers today. Standard may be OK early with the top up we had overnight but was pretty thin by late morning yesterday.

7. Monaroq

Monaroq First Runs

Should see much more advanced terrain open later this week if the current weather predictions are right! [​IMG]

#7 Monaroq, Jul 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2013