Dashboard Pass for Resort Entry

Discussion in 'Mt Buller' started by willsnow, Jul 12, 2018.

1. willsnow

willsnow Hard Yards

So I bought the day parking resort entry online. Everything was fine, and I got a confirmation email.

In the email it said that I have to print the dashboard pass before I arrive.

This is where I got confused. Last season after purchasing, you got another email with the dashboard pass attached. I didn't get any this time around -- there is no attachment with the confirmation email I got. Is the email itself a dashboard pass? or will there be another email coming?

Any pointers?

Ta.

2. TheFake

TheFake Hard Yards

Mine took a while to come through last time (about 5 minutes). The 2nd email was from Buller Resort Management, as opposed to one marked as "Buller Itinerary".

3. willsnow

willsnow Hard Yards

Just called them to follow up on this, and apparently there's a glitch with their system and the email with the dashboard pass wasn't sent through.

Was advised to just wait for the confirmation email today, and if the email doesn't come later today, then you just have to drive up to the gate and get the pass printed manually. That means queuing on the gate :(

4. driz

driz Hard Yards

The same thing happened to me - I bought it the night before at 11pm, and the pass arrived about 3am and I didn't check my email when setting off in the morning (wake at 6, in the car by 610am!).

I printed the order confirmation email and showed that to the person 'guarding' the road straight through (who wanted to see the date on it and remarked that she'd never seen one of these before!), then left the print-out on the dash. Wasn't sure if I'd end up with a penalty notice or whatever on the dash when I got back but figured I'd paid for gate entry, showed it to someone and they'd let me up, and there was evidence of this purchase legible from outside the vehicle, so it would be very unlikely that any court in the land would uphold any sort of fine.

And of course when I returned there wasn't one.

currawong likes this.
  5. willsnow

willsnow Hard Yards

Just got the dashboard pass email from Buller Resort Management, so all is okay in the end.

@driz, what you did was exactly what I was planning to do if the dashboard pass didn't arrive today.

Thanks all.

driz likes this.
  6. cchang1110

cchang1110 First Runs

Hijacking thread - but has anyone had problems with buying resort entry the night before? It was ok 2 weeks ago but I cant see to buy for tomorrow (Sat). It only shows overnight parking as an option but no day parking