1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Day lift tickets at falls creek

Discussion in 'Falls Creek' started by pansnow, Jul 29, 2008.

1. pansnow

pansnow First Runs

We are going to fall in a couple weeks first time sking falls.
    Have skied persiher all mmy life
    When buying Day lift tickets at falls creek can 1 person go down to the ticket office and buy tickets for every one or does each person have to line up to buy there own ticket.
    At perisher we would send 1 or 2 people down early to the ticket office and they would pick up the tickets for the day it would save everyone lining up.
    Can we do this at falls creek.

2. Ian D

Ian D Pool Room Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Yes, no problem

3. pansnow

pansnow First Runs

Thanks
    Ian
    I just remeber a view years ago
    someone I new skied in victoria and had a photo on there lift ticket it must have been a multi day pass I know it wans,t a season pass.
    Its good to know if the wife and I and want share a day pass we will just swap jackets.

4. Ian D

They had photo id on 5 day passes a few years ago but they don't anymore. Just regular bar coded tickets again now.

No problem one person picking up for several others.

5. Hoppie

Hoppie First Runs

Hey Pan,

If its your first time at Falls, not sure how long you will be going for, lift passes 3 days - 7 days gets cheaper the more days u purchase. There is no discount for 1 or 2 day passes.

Also if you fancy a long drive or $99 Heli Link (not sure if its still $99)...you can ski at Hotham with your Falls Creek Passes.

6. Apresski

Apresski Pool Room Ski Pass: Gold

Day ticket is $94
    6 day pass $496, saving $68 over the 6 days. It mounts up for several people. It really depends on whether you ski whatever the condition.

7. pansnow

pansnow First Runs

He its called kids.
    Two 8 and 6
    We will be there for 5 full ski days
    They haven,t skied before so someone has to get them started on a flat piece of ground never been a fan of ski school I have a base level instuctors ticket.
    Plus ski school can get expensive.
    We will have the inlaws with us so they can look after then some of the time but a lot of the time it will swap the jacket.
    So 5 days wouldn,t work to well.
    If we get to ski together it might for 1 may be 2 days.
    5 days tickets are ok if the weather is ok but if the mountion is shut due to high winds you loose straight away.

8. Ian D

FWIW I rate the kids ski school at Falls as absolutely fantastic. The setup is excellent and the instructors are great. I couldn't speak highly enough of the entire kids program at Falls.

From my experience kids often listen to an "instructor" more than mum or dad as well, not just skiing but teaching them anything unless it is in a team environment.

9. Hully

Hully One of Us

If they have never skied before you might find that it is actually cheaper to get them a first timers, or learn to ski, restricted lift and lesson package than to actually buy a lift ticket for them. Lift tickets are only available on their own as all lift access, but available with limited lifts in the lift/lesson package. All limited lift tickets sold with the lift/lesson packages include Falls Express and with the great snow cover at the moment there is plenty of good skiing for beginners and early intermediates accessed off this lift alone. Also frees you both up for a couple of hours to ski together while they are in ski school.

10. Apresski

In 2006, when the lifts were on wind hold for 1 and a half days the Lift Company refunded my sons' lift/lesson/hire for that amount of time. Actually it was in the form of a credit which I was able to use the following year.
    The Falls Creek Slki School is fantastic. They make it fun and kids are less likely to whine with young ski instructors than they are with parents. My kids only skied in Ski school 'til they were teenagers and now will ski in any weather, while their friends, who were not ENCOURAGED to got to ski school,are more fair weather skiers

11. Crystal

Crystal (Sly made me Cry) - Sand skier extraordinaire Moderator Ski Pass: Gold

We also LOVE the ski school there, can't speak highly enough of it and we have used the ski schools at almost every major resort in Aus !!

12. pansnow

pansnow First Runs

The ski schoool option sounds good but can get expensive.
    The milo kids program is $121 dollars a day
    or $531 fro 5 days multiple that by 2 and thats $1062.
    The other option of first timers is a good deal but we are staying very close to the village bowl and eagle chair is not one of the lifts in the deal.
    The beginners deal for kids is $43 dollars and a full day ticket for kids is $47 you do get free a 2 hr lesson but we have to get them down to the falls creek chair to get them up to the top.
    Doing the sums if they skied all 5 days on a standard lift purchased daily it would cost $470. Thats a saving of nearly $600
    over the milo kids program.
    Hey I want to teach my kids to ski it will be fun its a family holiday both my wife and I were taught to ski by our parents and we have now skied all over the world including heli sking in Canada so they must have done something right. The only time I don,t go out is when all the lifts are shut then I might think about putting on the x country Skis and going for cruise. I also think twice about it if it is pouring with rain I don,t find ski in the rain much fun.

13. Apresski

The Learn to ski and board ticket covers all access liftsm Eagle, Gully and Falls Creek Express plus, Drovers Dream, Mousetrap and Baordwalk and Monkey Bar. This is from page 29 of the Falls Creek 2008 brochure.
    If you are staying in the Bowl it is handy to go up the Eagle, have a play around on Monkeybar, which used to be known as Playground. Good place to learn to use a poma. When they start to gain a little cnfidence you can take them over to Drovers and then a nice long run down Wombats Ramble.

14. pansnow

pansnow First Runs

I must have read the web site wrong about the eagle chair thanks for the tip that is good to know

15. Ian D

Up to you how you want to do it pansnow. Just wanted to let you know that the ski school is excellent. If you want to do it yourself then go for it, just offering you the feedback from one that, like Crystal, has tried just about every ski school in the country.

I am taking my kids to Falls this year and putting them in ski school which states my opinion of their program fairly clearly.

Have fun!

16. Sno4WA

Sno4WA One of Us

Fully agree about FC ski school - just great. My daughter at 5 was very nervous about being left and had a wonderful young guy that she just adored...set her up to love skiing and at 9 last year she skied all around Whistler with us. Also agree about how they take A LOT more notice of the instructors than ol' mum and dad...we used to put her in for half a day in the morning while we had a good ski and then we would ski together in the afternoon as a family, worked well.

17. californiadream

californiadream First Runs

in case it helps someone, kids in grade 5 can get a free kids ticket for Hotham and Falls See alpinejuniorangers.com.au for further info: the school has to stamp a voucher.

18. wannaski

wannaski One of Us

I would love to teach my daughter to ski too, but I agree that she will listen to the insructors much better than she would listen to me.I think putting them in for the morning is a great idea and then you can work on want they have learn't in the afternoon.I taught my partner to ski-big mistake!!!!!.I ended up leaving him at cloud nine for a while ,because he kept spitting it! That made him snap out of it(lol).

19. TheFake

TheFake One of Us

I went up to Falls with the Bogong Camp in 2006. Only had a very breif lesson with the ski school, but in ~2 hours I'd gone from an accomplished XC skiier to paralleling completely, racing a mate down playgroup/wombats. The instructors just have an eye for mistakes in your technique, and can probably pick up on those things more easily than you can, as they do it regularly.