Difficulty reading colour formatting in dark theme

Majikthise

Sage
Ski Pass
Jan 1, 1970
Blue Mts
The dark theme is brilliant, but gets ruined when people decide to use the colour formatting in their posts. Can the default colours in the text editor be changed to ones that will work with the dark theme?
Mostly one poster is fond of that coloured text....it does become unreadable in the dark theme... but then what i am missing has a high probability of being mostly unreadable anyway.

Reactions: qwill

Richard

Maintenance Dept
Administrator
Mar 14, 1995
Clarence Town
The dark theme is brilliant, but gets ruined when people decide to use the colour formatting in their posts. Can the default colours in the text editor be changed to ones that will work with the dark theme?

There’s probably a way. I’ll have to look into how the colours are handled by the txt editor and in the database.

Have added to the list of small improvement jobs I keep.

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
Zomg

So good for my eyeeees

I have this setting on my windows OS at work and it’s icncompatible with nearly wvery single application and nearly all web based themes without sone form of accessibility enhancement

Reactions: CarveMan

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Dark theme works great in the latest w10betas.

Stops win blinding you at night.

climberman

CloudRide1000 Legend
Ski Pass
Jul 24, 2000
the sunny illawarra
Zomg

So good for my eyeeees

I have this setting on my windows OS at work and it’s icncompatible with nearly wvery single application and nearly all web based themes without sone form of accessibility enhancement
Does this happen with pages that meet the web accessibility guidelines that Gov pages are supposed to follow?

benchives

I forgot how to ski
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2006
sydney
Does this happen with pages that meet the web accessibility guidelines that Gov pages are supposed to follow?
Nearly every single website is incompatible with the inverse or high contrast accessibility settings in windows, which is surprising since both the accessibility setting in windows and the universal accessibility standard is supposed to work together, and it does not.

Reactions: climberman
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
Nearly every single website is incompatible with the inverse or high contrast accessibility settings in windows, which is surprising since both the accessibility setting in windows and the universal accessibility standard is supposed to work together, and it does not.

Hmmm, just tried it with one I help look after. Text is fine, but high contrast mode or setting the colours in firefox seems to disable some aspects of the stylesheets, so images called by the stylesheet don't appear. They're mostly decorative so the site is usable and delivers information, but looks a bit odd with missing bits.
I'll have a chat with my designer after Christmas to see if we can tweak it a bit more.

cold wombat

Twitter Contributer
Jun 4, 2008
Perth
If your having trouble readingsome text with the dark theme, just run your mouse over the text holding down the left button which will highlight the text. Then happy reading..
This.

Not quite so convenient on mobile however.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass