1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Question Dinner Plain Internet

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by Rocking, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Rocking

Rocking First Runs

can anyone give me a bit of advise on the best option to have in house Internet access at Dinner Plain for the 2018 ski season.
    I would like to setup a router that a few people would be able to use.

2. BrewerGrrrrrl

BrewerGrrrrrl Hard Yards

there is good service provided there is a line to your house already. If you have no line, apparently there are no more lines at the exchange to add new services. we have been in 1 house where it was not possible, and 1 house where it was possible. This was because we were in a group of older houses that had a hub/box with lines into that, and we were able to connect to that. So it depends on the service already available to the house. We used iinet who got us a great package and quick install. if you can't get broadband, then most people use 4g modem, telstra or optus works well on 4G but its more $$ than broadband. Good luck

3. Richard

Richard Maintenance Dept Administrator

ADSL2 is available pending a line to premises. Any of the majors can provide an account. Plus Albury Local Internet for a local service provider.

4. Rocking

Rocking First Runs

Thank you for the advice I'll see what I can arrange when I get to DP in May.

5. barkley

barkley Hard Yards

Yeah ADSL is available.

Last season my families place went with mate communicate.
    It was $100 a month for unlimited however it had no contract