Question Dinner Plain Skiing?

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Has anyone heard if Dinner Plain will have skiing this season?
if Hotham is open and there is snow cover on the slope then I can't imagine why it wouldn't. if Hotham is not operating then dp lift probably won't either

just educated guesses, no knowledge

Last edited:
Reactions: nezumi

Any

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 23, 2015
oz/japan/usa
Even if the POMA lift at DP is not turning there should be Nordic skiing. I am hoping there will be snow , grooming and a chance to XC ski from DP to Wire Plain at Hotham and back to JB Hut ( a snow camp base camp) this late August 2021.
we spent lockdown at Hotham, and while the lifts weren't running, they were occasionally grooming the xc tracks. those that had snow anyway. the season was quite a struggle!

Sean Sunley

One of Us
Jun 1, 2017
Canberra
Dear Residents and Ratepayers,

With uncertainties remaining in the lead up to the coming snow season, Council has taken steps to engage with Mount Hotham Skiing Company (MHSC) to secure an agreement for activities and operations at Dinner Plain in 2021. This process has particularly focused on securing joint support for operation of the Cobungra Platter slope to deliver the best outcome for our visitors, exploring a variety of scenarios in the process.

MHSC has advised Council through this collaborative process of their commitment to maintaining operation of the Cobungra Platter ski slope and Poma under an adjusted schedule in 2021. They have further committed their support for the adjusted conditions to facilitate complementary operations in tobogganing and snowplay.

Under the adjusted conditions, the Cobungra Platter surface lift will operate daily for skiing and snowboarding from 9am to 1pm on the June 12 Queen’s Birthday weekend (snow permitting), and then daily from the commencement of the June school holidays (snow permitting). If conditions allow, MHSC may seek to operate further on the dates in-between opening weekend and the School Holidays.

With a confirmed commitment in place for skiing and snowboarding, Council is working with MHSC to utilise the opportunity to activate Cobungra Platter Slope for tobogganing outside of ski operation times. This is seen as a positive result. Toboggan participation figures for 2020 operations exceeded all expectations in recording an average 418 unique daily participants during school holidays and an average 120 unique daily participants outside of school holidays. The negotiated outcome is one that maintains Dinner Plain’s skiing and snowboarding credentials whilst providing the opportunity to offer a highly appealing product to the general snowplay market.

Tobogganing operations on Cobungra Platter will be offered in a managed environment via third party contractor to ensure safety of participants and protection of the slope. Routine snowmaking and daily grooming will also be provided to assist in slope maintenance. These adjusted operations will not impact the Peashooter Slope, which will remain open as per previous snow seasons.

Winter operations of Cobungra Platter in 2021 will be as follows. Please note that all operations are snow-conditions permitting.

Opening Weekend (June 12 – 14)
9am – 1pm Skiing & Snowboarding via Poma Operation
1:30pm – 4:30pm Tobogganing

June 15 - 27
9am – 4:30pm Tobogganing

School Holidays Onwards (From June 28)
9am – 1pm Skiing & Snowboarding via Poma Operation
1:30pm – 4:30pm Tobogganing

Further advice will be provided regarding the status of snowsports school lessons as they are made available to Council.

Adrian Lezeu

Hard Yards
Feb 6, 2020
Hello guys

If anyone from Melbourne is interested to go Queenstown or even Perisher to ski or board please message me:)

I do not need much notice at all and the guys that I usually go with are most times too busy.

Lets all hope we will have no or minimum restrictions
Hope to hear back :)

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
Hello guys

If anyone from Melbourne is interested to go Queenstown or even Perisher to ski or board please message me:)

I do not need much notice at all and the guys that I usually go with are most times too busy.

Lets all hope we will have no or minimum restrictions
Hope to hear back :)
In 2019 I did go to Perisher to XC ski only to find most the snow had melted . It was September.
:-(.
What with the plague and everything my NSW ski trip this year may not happen. If it does it will be in October to BC XC ski the terrain from Charlotte Pass.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass