1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Dinner plain with dogs & doggy daycare service

Discussion in 'Hotham & Dinner Plain' started by Minty78, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Minty78

Minty78 First Runs

Hi there,
    We want to take our dogs on our ski trip and see that DP is a dog welcome place. However, we want to ask if we stay in DP, is it easy for us to travel over to Mt.Hotham to ski for the day? Are there a dog kennel or doggy day care around so we can put our dogs there for a day or two so we can go snowboarding for a couple of days? I heard DP is small and better for skiers and / or beginners which is fine for us we want to spend time with the dogs in the snow. But also want to go for some snowboarding while we are there. Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks :)

2. Snow_Toast

Snow_Toast Hard Yards

I'm also keen to find out about Dog minding services in DP. We took the dog there last time and he had a blast ... luckily the weather was fine and we could sit outside the pubs with him and enjoy a meal and beer. We are coming up in May and fear it will be too cold to sit outside and eat and drink and i wouldn't feel comfortable leaving him alone in a foreign house to go out out and eat. Shame the brewery has closed to customers as that was a great place to take to the dog and relax.

3. Boodwah

Boodwah A Local Ski Pass: Gold

Dogs welcome in DP.
    Very unwelcome in Hotham.
    They get very upset if they see a dog!
    No dog minding facilities.
    We leave our pup in the garage, or out on the deck when fine.
    Then take him for a very long ski when get home, it's one of his and my favourite things.
    Most of DP is surrounded by State Forest which is fine.

4. cqen2l

cqen2l Part of the Furniture Ski Pass: Gold

Permits are required for dogs at Hotham. Only available to residents and owners,numbers are capped. Some buildings will not allow owners to have dogs even if they have a permit.