1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

Discovery Kids and Kids and Teens program.

Discussion in 'Perisher' started by Ludaning, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Ludaning

Ludaning Hard Yards

After some advice on the above programs. Going to Perisher from 28-30th and am putting my 4yr old boy and 7 yr. old girl in these programs.

Mainly after opinions on the discovery kids. We already spent 7 days at Thredbo in July and my kids were put in Thredbo land for 5 days which was great. So they have so me experience now.

Now that they're improving I don't want them stuck in the beginner area if they don't need to be. Of course I respect the coaches judgement but want them exploring a bit more. Do the 3-4 year old get out and about or are they stuck in there own little area.

I know the kids and teens get out but not sure on the younger ones.

Cheers
    Daniel

2. skichic

skichic A Local

They get out if they are competent. There is a T-bar in there and they need to be able to ride that, and snow plough and stop. Basically level 3 up will go out.

3. Egbert

Egbert One of Us

Our 5 year old daughter ended up in the same group as our 7 year old son at Smiggins and they were out and about over to Perisher on the second day.

4. Ludaning

Ludaning Hard Yards

They can both snow plough , stop , turn ( not parallel ). They haven't been ons tbar yet. They spent all there time in Friday flats which they did with ease.
    Toward the end of the week at Thredbo we were told they'd try to take them up to merits. But we were late that day and they were put in a different class so missed out.

5. Ludaning

Ludaning Hard Yards

But the ages are 3-4 for discovery kids and 5-14 for kids and teen class. So my little one wouldn't be able to do that.

6. Ludaning

Ludaning Hard Yards

I've got there report cards from Thredbo so I guess I'll take it and show the guys at Perisher.

7. Egbert

Egbert One of Us

Yeah, sorry, was a few years ago. If they have a class full of god enoughs they will get them out on Mitchell? Tbar.

8. cold wombat

cold wombat Twitter Contributer Social Media Mod Ski Pass: Gold

A good few years ago now our then 4 yr old was riding Mitchell within a few days of starting. Really depends on the kids. They encourage but not push.

Ludaning likes this.
  9. Ludaning

Ludaning Hard Yards

Cheers guys. Booked em in. Got the early bird price. 7 day advance. Cheers. Oh and the 4 year old doesn't pay for a lift pass there right ?

10. K_Bird

K_Bird One of Us Ski Pass: Silver

Lift passes are free under 5yo, but you still need to go into the ticket office and get one.

Worth going into the office, as they managed to not link the free ticket to my son's card when I tried doing it online and via the phone - he never made it past the magic carpet so it's wasn't an issue, but if he'd tried to ride a proper lift it would have come up as "no ticket" which would have upset him.

Ludaning likes this.