1. There's more to this forum than meets the eye!

We have a vibrant community here conversing about all sorts of non-snow topics such as music, sport, politics and technology. Simply register to reveal all our Apr├Ęs topics or continue browsing and reading as a guest.

NOTE: This notice may be closed.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Siglin Pulk

Discussion in 'Snow Talk' started by teleroo, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Moondog55

Moondog55 One of Us

Food Foooey How much beer and red wine and rum and port?
    I think congratulations for outside the box thinking are in order. Don't forget to wax it, waxing really does help with glide

teleroo likes this.
  2. teleroo

teleroo still looking for Thredbo in the Park Ski Pass: Gold

Never thought of waxing the sled . Next time I go in for a back crack and sack I'll ask for the leftover wax :D.

3. art

art One of Us

DJM and climberman like this.
  4. teleroo

teleroo still looking for Thredbo in the Park Ski Pass: Gold

Bit of spare time today so I've tried to improve the rigidity of the carabiner attachments. Previously, the two free ends of the pull cord stuck out the end of the poles and were tied to the biner. But when the sled was "catching up with you" this created a pivot point as the tubing pushed forward and the carabiner doubled back.

So instead i drilled a hole into the side of the conduit about 1.5 carabiner lengths from the end. Cord now goes from the biner, into the side hole, down the tube, forms the tensioning loop in the sled, back up the tube, out the end of the conduit and ties back to the carabiner. Quite rigid now. Still will be slop as the carabiner can slide through the waist belt loop, but the biner can no longer flop around.

nezumi likes this.
  5. DPS Driver

DPS Driver One of Us

I hope you're going to register that thing?