Do I have any "Goodwill" on the forum?

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
If so I need some help.
Packed up all the group gear and my own stuff to bring home and had it on two sleds. Got the first set of sleds to Windy Corner and I was setting of back to the PV Road to collect the second sled when I fell over and hurt my knee. Too painful to ski on even if panadienne helped me to drive home.
There's a home made ski based sled at a ski boundary pole just past Ruined Castle.
Nothing really on it, just a shovel and some grey conduit which was used as a tarp frame
If anybody was will to tow it to Windy Corner and drop if behind there it would be appreciated. Might need two people tho, one in front and one behind slowing it on the downhill as it's just a rope tow.
Beers will be provided somehow

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Nidecker

A Local
Ski Pass
Aug 5, 2009
Alpine the dark side of snowboarding
If so I need some help.
Packed up all the group gear and my own stuff to bring home and had it on two sleds. Got the first set of sleds to Windy Corner and I was setting of back to the PV Road to collect the second sled when I fell over and hurt my knee. Too painful to ski on even if panadienne helped me to drive home.
There's a home made ski based sled at a ski boundary pole just past Ruined Castle.
Nothing really on it, just a shovel and some grey conduit which was used as a tarp frame
If anybody was will to tow it to Windy Corner and drop if behind there it would be appreciated. Might need two people tho, one in front and one behind slowing it on the downhill as it's just a rope tow.

Gotta be someone who would step up! :confused:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
Along the back country access/Pretty Valley road and down the cross country track because you can't take sleds down Wombats. I'll PM you if I can or you can message me.

Every2years

Addicted
Jul 7, 2017
Along the back country access/Pretty Valley road and down the cross country track because you can't take sleds down Wombats. I'll PM you if I can or you can message me.
I went and walked along the ski boundary at the ruined lift this afternoon a bit in both directions but unfortunately I wasn't able to locate the sled sorry. I was probably just in the wrong spot. Visibility wasn't great. Sorry. If I get a chance tomorrow I will take another look.

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
Did snow fall? If so it doesn't take much more than a few millimetres of cover to completely hide something flat like a Smitty sled

Every2years

Addicted
Jul 7, 2017
Did snow fall? If so it doesn't take much more than a few millimetres of cover to completely hide something flat like a Smitty sled
Yeah, we've had a few cm. In some places it definitely seems more than that. The fence at the boundary line had caught quite a bit more - my boots were sinking a good 10cm or more as we walked out there from the lift. I did wonder if it might have been buried.

Reactions: skifree

Mister Tee on XC Skis

Not your average unconventional eccentric.
Ski Pass
Jul 29, 2015
Melbourne, Lockdown-i-stan .
soundcloud.com
I will be up at Falls on 5/8/22 but I will be skiing out to the Bogong Rover Chalet with a ski group for a 7 night stay. So Sorry I won't be able to help.

I do plan to be back at Falls on 22 & 23/8/22.
Most likely DH Telemark ( sort of) skiing Drovers and XC at Sun Valley.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
If so I need some help.
Sorry about knee and sled Moondog.

I hit Falls Sunday night 1/8 - up for a week. Mainly tele on lifts but some BC. If I can help I will. It’s a long time to leave a sled unattended but if it’s there, I’ll give it a go.

I assume the harness is still attached? Ready for towing? I’ve towed a sled once, it’s alright if not overly heavy, or steep?

Will let you know if & when I’m going XC out back of RC way. Weather looks a bit hairy next week, so I’ll be careful overpromising. Sorry.

Let’s stay in touch?

Reactions: Moondog55
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

Moondog55

One of Us
Mar 3, 2014
Unfortunately it's a rope and not a full pipe and harness. I won't be back for a while but if it's still there when the snow melts I can take care of it.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
My XC "friends" are being somewhat reluctant to help so if you would like to pair up we could maybe do its together next week. One in front and one behind as anchor for the down???
Happy to pair up but I’d like to keep it pretty flexible as I’m up with Mrs and Master SG - Its the drought-breaker trip. But I’m in the village Sunday to Sunday & I have Epic pass so not real hard to get out there. Cheers.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
Happy to pair up but I’d like to keep it pretty flexible as I’m up with Mrs and Master SG - Its the drought-breaker trip. But I’m in the village Sunday to Sunday & I have Epic pass so not real hard to get out there. Cheers.
I'm free as a bird also with epic pass and parking at windy corner each day. I have my track XC skis and my kicker skins so can either get there via lifts and a skin back or can XC there and back through sun valley.

Reactions: skifree and snowgum

chriscross

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 1, 2005
The Foothills
Sorry MD, I had a pretty good look on Wednesday but no luck. Took Eagle chair and skied across the top to RC lift. One of the lifties who had just been relieved said that they were "farming" snow out there and piling it up along the trail. I skied out to the boundary pole line and along it towards PV and then back the other way but nothing was in evidence. Suspect it might be buried. I spoke with some folk mucking about with a kite out that way but they had not seen a stray sled. Also spoke to a solo skater who had been out further than me but she had nothing to report. I skied back into the resort via South Face but was disheartened by lack of technique and confidence on steeper, ungroomed terrain. Much work to be done to get back to where I was 3 years ago. I think you'd best get back there yourself, preferably with a support crew.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
I'm free as a bird also with epic pass and parking at windy corner each day. I have my track XC skis and my kicker skins so can either get there via lifts and a skin back or can XC there and back through sun valley.
Cool, I can take my Voile BC skis with skins if needed. Weather could be fun. I may be more inclined to go on one of the wet days when the family take a break.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
MD, I’m ‘happy-ish’ to go up and take a look (tomorrow) if it’s just rain I’m battling.

Todays and winds and a lack of lift access has quashed any thoughts of heading outside the village.

Tomorrow is a ‘possibility’, more so if lifts are running (save my energy for the ‘hypothetical’ trek back).

It’s just possible that the heavy rain and wind might reveal the top of your sled? (Sadly for 99.9% of us).

Sorry, It’s not a dead-cert. watch this space. :whistle:

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Unfortunately I just came across this thread and I skied at Falls for six days last week up to Friday. Retrieving the sled would have been on the cards. I towed my kids when they were two and three on plastic toboggans with a PVC conduit pole kit I made.

Hope the rain will reveal the buried treasure and you get the sled back soon @Moondog55 .

I'm at home in isolation this week with my first bout of Covid-19. Feeling a fair bit better today after several days of fever and coughing. Caught it at Falls, probably over a drink in the bar.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Thanx everyone.
No great monetary loss if it's gone and if scavenged then maybe gone to a good home as it towed quite well on the rope
I’m sorry MD, the weather was so foul, I didn’t even get past the top of summit or beyond towers.

I did finally get out again properly with family yesterday but that was after 3 days watching rain, fog and wind from a lodge window.

I hope your sled does show up eventually.

Fwiw: l lost some reading glasses at Hotham a week ago. It really sucks, not cheap either…

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using