Resource Domestic Flights Japan

Hermannator

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2010
The 'Gul
Couldn't see a dedicated thread for this...

My question to the brains trust:

Is it worth flying from CTS-NRT with anyone else bar JAL/ANA (e.g. to connect with NRT-MEL flight home, I'm thinking no)? Specifically those two offer an 'explore Japan' or similar pass for JPY10,000 one-way.

On the CTS-NRT route (could be moot after March as many int'l flights to Aus swapping to HND) there looks to be 5 airlines that operate:
ANA
JAL
SPRING
PEACH
CRAPSTAR

Anyone succeeded with Spring or Peach?

Anything else to consider (e.g. booking JAL CTS-MEL on one ticket to avoid having to claim bag and re-check it at NRT)?

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
Yep. Have flown Peach no problems. Budget airline but you can prepay for bags. Happily fly them again.

Reactions: Hermannator

RCN

Hard Yards
Nov 27, 2019
Made the mistake of taking Jetstar NRT to CTS. A long walk to the budget terminal at NRT. Note checked baggage and oversize fee if bought as a separate ticket. You might be better off if able to connect on the once daily CTS - NRT on JAL.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Have only flown Jet* Japan. And will avoid if possible.

I have posted in the 'flight, trains etc' thread. When I booked before christmas for next week the international guest pass with JAL was the cheapest I could find.

Hermannator

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2010
The 'Gul
Have also been burnt by the orange turd in Japan...
Once bags added on the cheapos, there's not a lot of price difference between them and JAL/ANA visitor pass

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
they pinged me on carry on!

YK was all - just give them the bag to check!

Hang on idiot. our passports were in it. I was just asking for a minute to think of what i needed to take out.

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
So I purchased my international flight on points and so had to buy my domestic leg seperately.

Whilst checking in it suddenly dawned on me that because I didn’t purchase the domestic with my business class ticket I don’t get the extra baggage allowance.

I was a lazy packer and had 1 bag at 23kg (but dodgey weighing at check in had it come in at 18kg) and a second bag with @LMBs gifts in (including a couple of roast that it turns out I’m not allowed to bring in ) at 7kgs.

Not a problem not a blink of an eye.

That ladies and gentlemen is why I will always fly JAL. $113 aud each leg.

Reactions: Hermannator

Skichic2

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 22, 2017
So I purchased my international flight on points and so had to buy my domestic leg seperately.

Whilst checking in it suddenly dawned on me that because I didn’t purchase the domestic with my business class ticket I don’t get the extra baggage allowance.

I was a lazy packer and had 1 bag at 23kg (but dodgey weighing at check in had it come in at 18kg) and a second bag with @LMBs gifts in (including a couple of roast that it turns out I’m not allowed to bring in ) at 7kgs.

Not a problem not a blink of an eye.

That ladies and gentlemen is why I will always fly JAL. $113 aud each leg.
Did the chook survive?

Ozgirl

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2007
Sydney/Jindy
Did the chook survive?
It did! Still Frozen solid (even the cookie dough!)
IMG_20200119_1426057.jpg

Reactions: Skichic2
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass