Dream Run?

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Snowy Mountains
In my dreams it's boot deep untracked all the way down.

It's all about timing.

DreamRun.JPG

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Based in how icy the exit run gets I always thought the name was ironic. On the same basis I keep looking out for a trail called 'ice run' but haven't been able to find it yet.

LMB

Old but definitely not Crusty!
Ski Pass
May 6, 2010
Perth
Once.

Once I've said 'Now that's a Dream Run'.

The rest it's most definitely Nightmare Alley. It needs snowmaking.

Reactions: Piste Again

cin

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 31, 2008
Chernobyl, Russia
I've pulled lots of back muscles plenty of times trying to maintain balance while suddenly ice skating On considerable pitch!

Reactions: NewTurns

telecrag

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2007
I had an awesome run down it the other week, boot deep fresh over groom, yum yum!

Have also skied it in a blizzard knee deep.

But its a rare treat.

Reactions: Townsend

Telezacski

A Local
Ski Pass
Mar 19, 2010
I'm a fan, this is the first year I've skied it as it hasn't been on for the last 17 years.

For me the shape of the run with the rolling left into the big right turn at the top is awesome! Once under the lift it's ho hum and the run out isn't great but the top few turns is where it's at!

The dream is to carve into the run off ballroom, then carve back to the left side of the run so that you time the right hand carve turn such that it takes you down and into the run! Magic!

Managed these three turns once last week and you couldn't wipe the grin from my face for the rest of the day

alexd

One of Us
May 22, 2017
Sydney
I prefer the trees on either side, all the way down to the bridge :D
(And the ones from HN to the exit run)

AJS

One of Us
Jul 28, 2014
I noticed DR was top of the list of groomed runs on the Thredbo conditions report the other day.. Never see that... I haven't skiied it in years, will be at the Bo this weekend, how's it looking (if we don't get too much prefrontal Wed)...?

chrisj

A Local
Ski Pass
Jul 30, 2018
Terrigal, Darkinjung country
I found Dream Run to be the best on the mountain a couple of times this season when there was a good snow cover and a white-out up top due to high winds. The shelter provided by the trees was a godsend.

Beerman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 15, 2015
Brisvegas
And I thought this was going to be a thread about <20min travel times from St.Kilda to CBD

Disappointed :(

Laska Goralska

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 12, 2018
Here, or skiing
Love Dream Run in good conditions, but if the snow is good enough for DR to be skiing well, then the trees on skiier's right of the run, with entry from the top of the Merritt's traverse, will be generally be skiing even better.

Reactions: cin

Kletterer

Thredbo Doughnut Tragic
Nov 26, 2014
Canberra
Ok. The joke is over folks. Celebrate mediocrity elsewhere. Dream run ? Does Caterpilar still make D12 dozers ?

Reactions: kaegee

Untele-whippet

beard stroker
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 2006
Blue Mtns, 1100M.
Reactions: climberman

Piste Again

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jul 27, 2000
Rozelle, NSW
Two things worry me. It says "potential developments", and Dream Run is bottom of the list.

Most of the developments are to the buildings, rental areas, car parks, conference centre, things that bring larger numbers of people into the place. What worries me is that they will cram more people in without expanding the terrain. Dream run won't compensate for the extra punters.

Whatever happened to the Golf Course Bowl thought bubble?

Scoober

One of Us
May 12, 2014
Gosford
Two things worry me. It says "potential developments", and Dream Run is bottom of the list.

Most of the developments are to the buildings, rental areas, car parks, conference centre, things that bring larger numbers of people into the place. What worries me is that they will cram more people in without expanding the terrain. Dream run won't compensate for the extra punters.

Whatever happened to the Golf Course Bowl thought bubble?
I'd love them to develop GCB to an extent with maybe just the one T or double T like the old merrits. But would love it to remain similar to now with a lot less clearing occurring then what they did to merrits when the cruiser went in. I remember there was so much more adventuring around merrits through the trees etc then there is now.

sastrugi

I Can't Explain
Ski Pass
Jul 5, 2001
Taungurung Country
Leave GCB as it is.
Develop the terrain between The Glades to Dream Run and Frostbite/HN to lower Dream Run, if allowed.
This.

GCB is perfectly alright as it is and services a lot of skiers who appreciate it and can ski undeveloped areas within the resort boundary. Increasing development in the Glades and Dream run area if required is the preferable option.

Plenty of room for everyone :)

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Whilst they are developing that part of the mountain putting snowmakers under the Gunbarrel chair between Pegasus and Dream Run wouldn't be the worst idea. It could help divert some traffic away from the cruiser area and high noon when conditions are marginal.

linked_recoveries

One of Us
May 13, 2015
Sydney CBD
Whilst they are developing that part of the mountain putting snowmakers under the Gunbarrel chair between Pegasus and Dream Run wouldn't be the worst idea. It could help divert some traffic away from the cruiser area and high noon when conditions are marginal.

I don't expect your average Merritts punter is thinking "You know what, Valley View isn't giving me the fizz anymore ... I'm gonna do that run below the Gunbarrel chair."

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Learn how membership works on these forums
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass