Flood E NSW SE QLD East Coast Rain Event 11 Dec - 20 Dec 2020

Falling_Droplet

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 7, 2019
Ferny Grove, QLD
fernygroveweather.com
0 mm since 9am yesterday, first dry day in the current wet spell of 7 consecutive days of some daily rainfall recorded.

Warm early today as the temperature fell slowly before easing to slightly warm this morning as the temperature starts to rise. Dew point fell very slowly in the early hours, then rose a little a little this morning and have been moderately high, easing to slightly above average currently. Near average or slightly below average relative humidity in the early hours as the relative humidity rose slowly in the early hours, then fell this morning and have been slightly below average before stabilising in the last 30 minutes close to average. Light N to NE winds became NNE to E during the early hours with some variable winds that became calm later in the early hours and during the early morning. Light N to ENE winds this morning.

glenesk

One of Us
Nov 13, 2019
85mm here for December.
Another 15-20mm and we might make median rainfall for December.
Looking at the next 10 day forecast dropping daily, suspect we may get below average rainfall for December.
What we have got has greened it up nicely.

Slovenski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 7, 2019
Mount Hallen
Hi all, had a few days away, somehow managed 10mm out here.
Lovely dark promising shade of bluegrey from NW to S. Watching with interest.

Plenty of welding going on to the SW. 18.47

Last edited:
Reactions: DDstorm

Beerman

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jan 15, 2015
Brisvegas
Yeah Homer, I'd personally consider Tony Auden (Brisbane), David Brown, Jane Bunn (Melbourne), and Graham Creed to be some of the better presenters around. Coincidentally or not, all of them have had extensive experience working for the Bureau as well.
Geoff Doueall (Brisbane) used to do a good job on radio for a while there as well.

Reactions: BrettSS

BrettSS

One of Us
Sep 7, 2020
Yeah i like Graham Creed . Up our way we have a Jenny Woodward from the ABC and Tony Auden from ch.7 . I have always believed that a weather presenter should have some meteorology experience, otherwise everyone on this forum would be candidates to present weather on TV

With one notable exception, who has made nonsensical comments here and responded with ridicule and abuse when I politely corrected him, I think that everyone on this forum would make a better presenter than some of those currently on air. At least (almost all) the contributers on this forum are here because they're genuinely interested in weather.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass