Eagle Chair to be replaced at Falls Creek

Seth

I am figure skating
Ski Pass
Jun 6, 2000
The Higher Ground
i think the lift co would regard gully as a necessary evil, not something to lavish investment on. I'd love to see it replaced with something faster that unloaded uphill of summit but I think I'm dreaming - at least as long as they can keep inter and current gully running

An upgraded Gully with luggage capability would be ideal for you! Add in after hours use for those who stay in the village proper.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
An upgraded Gully with luggage capability would be ideal for you! Add in after hours use for those who stay in the village proper.
It's policy not to allow luggage. You used to be allowed to (if you had a ticket), and we certainly did it. not really sure why it changed. I don't believe there were any incidents or even nasty forseen risks. i wondered if the lift co were considering tendering for oversnow (and wanted to eliminate free option), but afaik they never were.

You still see staff taking luggage sometimes.

scullee

Resident Hobbit
Jun 10, 1999
Hobbiton
It's policy not to allow luggage. You used to be allowed to (if you had a ticket), and we certainly did it. not really sure why it changed. I don't believe there were any incidents or even nasty forseen risks. i wondered if the lift co were considering tendering for oversnow (and wanted to eliminate free option), but afaik they never were.

You still see staff taking luggage sometimes.
Follow the money, there is no cash to be made by allowing people to catch the chair, forcing them on The oversnow on the other hand

gettingtooold

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 6, 2012
geelong
Just my obs, but the bowl early in the morning seems to have lots of peeps walking around and without any learner options and they all have to work their way down to the road to catch the bus or walk to falls express. One way making things work is to provide easier access to summit from gully, and a better traverse from top of eagle to the top of the express. Until they do that the resort will always be split in two.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Just my obs, but the bowl early in the morning seems to have lots of peeps walking around and without any learner options and they all have to work their way down to the road to catch the bus or walk to falls express. One way making things work is to provide easier access to summit from gully, and a better traverse from top of eagle to the top of the express. Until they do that the resort will always be split in two.
While i really would like to see better access from gully to summit, i don't think it would do much to fix your issue. People who are capable of skiing runs of summit can get eagle, or inter from the bottom or push to summit without too much bother.
Easier access from eagle and/or monkey bar to cloud 9 would really help. Lift co said they are working on improving it but don't know it that means daydreaming or actually having a feasible solution.

Reactions: qwill

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Follow the money, there is no cash to be made by allowing people to catch the chair, forcing them on The oversnow on the other hand
I don't disagree, but that method doesn't really get an answer. Lift co don't get any money from oversnow. About the most plausible answer from follow the money is that fcrm might have been trying to make everything as sweet as possible for prospective tenderers. I hope that was not the case

emkae

One of Us
Ski Pass
Nov 6, 1998
Melbourne
Getting from the bowl to the cloud 9 area, particularly in poor snow conditions or with a group of beginners is problematic

scullee

Resident Hobbit
Jun 10, 1999
Hobbiton
I don't disagree, but that method doesn't really get an answer. Lift co don't get any money from oversnow. About the most plausible answer from follow the money is that fcrm might have been trying to make everything as sweet as possible for prospective tenderers. I hope that was not the case
You have more faith in resort management than I do

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

qwill

not in the bunker
Ski Pass
Jun 18, 2010
queensland
shuttle stop at the Bowl?

Langfi

Hard Yards
Jul 16, 2008
I would have to agree that getting from Bowl to cloud 9 is hard work with any beginners. Maybe an oversnow from top of eagle to cloud 9 for any super Newbies in the early morning.

Looking forward to the new chair, we avoided eagle just because of it's speed during the day.

Peagreenboat

Addicted
Jul 9, 2015
10-15 years ago. This problem was inherited by Merlin.... they have a lot to spend making up for lift infrastructure neglect by previous owners for years. Drovers was last significant lift install, been other learner carpets etc but no lifts.
I just hope that there's some more work put into safety at the end. Drovers was hellish on the days I was there last year, I watched person after person slammed into the ground or hard on their behinds. Even my osteo got injured coming off that and was off for quite a few days.

Reactions: Chaeron

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
138B24A2-E718-43CC-8E4E-0AD121B29BFC.jpeg
Skinned up through the resort to just past Joyce Brockhoff from Windy Corner today. Lovely to see the new Eagle lift in place with chairs on and a good 40cm of snow on those chairs.

Falls was looking lovely today -soft, unskiable snow and enough wind to dislodge multiple trees on the access road.

MisterMxyzptlk

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
Mar 12, 2002
Wow, I would expect an osteo would have some inherent ability to avoid falling off a chairlift. Maybe time to find a new osteo.;):thumbs:
They are magical creatures afterall.The laying on of hands is up there with the creation of love potions.Many of them have unicorns as pets

Reactions: Hully
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass