News Epic Coverage info (from tickets@hotham people) important for VIC pass holders

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Is anyone else unable to save their preference for the "A Week of Holiday" options? I've tried my phone, chrome and Firefox on my pc and it only allows me to save the preference to change to a week of holiday option but doesn't allow me to save changes the date. :sigh: I guess I'll try to contact the Epic Australia people.
I emailed Perisher last night and today they emailed back to say they have changed it manually for me.

You can't ask for better service than that.

Reactions: Ozgirl and Chaeron

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Though sad to be stuck in Melbourne while the snow deepens at Perisher I'm happy with the call I made not to start using our passes at Falls last Wednesday. We'd have only got two days of limited lift skiing on hardpack before the sudden lift closure at both Falls and Hotham on Thursday afternoon. We have paid a lot for those two days under the pro-rated refund. If we get to travel in September we may get a few days lift skiing at Thredbo or Perisher but demand will be high assuming Falls and Hotham don't get lifts running. At least we're equipped and experienced for going BC or inbound skinning at Falls and Hotham if the opportunity arises. We may even try to go to Buller for a midweek spring ski.
The NSW folk with time to ski the next few weeks will have a ball at Perisher with all lifts running soon and more pass reservations released and no Vics.

Sadie

Chk Chk Boom
Ski Pass
Aug 31, 2001
Melbourne
I think he prefers people to use fat skis that he provides. I guess it depends on how fat your skis are and how proficient he thinks you are.
Nah, you book, you go.
We did it a couple of years ago for my birthday. We were the only two snowboarders in the group and he caters for all. He even thought of us with flat spots where he would drop us off a bit higher or a bit lower depending.

Would do it again 100%

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Nah, you book, you go.
We did it a couple of years ago for my birthday. We were the only two snowboarders in the group and he caters for all. He even thought of us with flat spots where he would drop us off a bit higher or a bit lower depending.

Would do it again 100%
I only meant about whether you used his recommended skis vs something narrower of your own

And just hearsay, i haven't done it myself :)

Reactions: Sadie

Young Angus

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
Sounds like such a good thing the backcountry tours. Just have to approach this season a bit differently. Pretty happy I pulled out of the Epic Pass now our season doesn't look too flash anyway here in VIC. I'm just hoping that it gets better still and if it does I'll go give Buller some of my money. The lodge manager up at Hotham where we stay usually has said they will also be running BC tours if conditions improve, it'll probably be wonderful for people who end up doing that without the bigger lifted crowds to be honest...now all we need is some snow.

Ramshead

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 5, 2006
Sydney
Not a Victorian, not a Perisher skier ((it’s Thredbo’s obese loudmouth inferior cousin), not a regular overseas skier so obv not an Epic Pass person. But just wanna give you some love @Chaeron for that spectacularly worded email to vail. 9.9 outa 10. You lose a tenth for not telling them that Vail itself is an overrated hill full of wankers like them!

Young Angus

One of Us
Ski Pass
Oct 14, 2018
The Bellarine
Not a Victorian, not a Perisher skier ((it’s Thredbo’s obese loudmouth inferior cousin), not a regular overseas skier so obv not an Epic Pass person. But just wanna give you some love @Chaeron for that spectacularly worded email to vail. 9.9 outa 10. You lose a tenth for not telling them that Vail itself is an overrated hill full of wankers like them!
Haha I love it, please @Chaeron you have to tell us if you hear back from them. Also if that email bounced back days after you sent it (like one or two of mine did) then just send it again and we should all just copy and paste it and send to Vail also from multiple sources, make sure they get the message of how disappointed people are with them.

Vail you suck!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass