Epic pass and bring a mate tickets

moskate

Hard Yards
Apr 20, 2019
Quick question regarding the bring a mate tickets. I'm getting slightly worried that single day lift tickets aren't available so close to the proposed opening date and with no clarity really about density limits for each day I'd like to try and avoid missing out this season as we've only got a week to ski and have booked accom already

I'll be skiing 6 days while my wife is only looking to do 3 or 4 max. If I bought the epic pass now before the price rise, will I be able to access the discounted tickets this week and then my wife can use them and book in her days on the mountain now (is that how it works)? Or would she still have to wait till the single day tickets are released anyway?

And if I have the pass, can I use it to book a lesson for her ( as a non pass holder) and still get the 20% discount (pretty sure I know the answer to this one already)

Much appreciated

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Quick question regarding the bring a mate tickets. I'm getting slightly worried that single day lift tickets aren't available so close to the proposed opening date and with no clarity really about density limits for each day I'd like to try and avoid missing out this season as we've only got a week to ski and have booked accom already

I'll be skiing 6 days while my wife is only looking to do 3 or 4 max. If I bought the epic pass now before the price rise, will I be able to access the discounted tickets this week and then my wife can use them and book in her days on the mountain now (is that how it works)? Or would she still have to wait till the single day tickets are released anyway?

As an Epic Pass holder, I have already received a link to the shop for each resort where I can send out bring a mate vouchers. Annoyingly, however, these still don't actually go anywhere/exist yet, so I'd say that if you bought the pass you would have the vouchers before season opens.

And if I have the pass, can I use it to book a lesson for her ( as a non pass holder) and still get the 20% discount (pretty sure I know the answer to this one already)

While I agree on the likely outcome of this, I am going to be arguing the call with Hotham if they don't honour it, as the advertising material doesn't specify "20% off lessons for the passholder" or anything similar, and it is written in exactly the same manner as the 15% off food and beverages line - so either I should be given a 20% discount on lessons booked through my account for my kid, or the F&B outlets should be asking me what items on an order are for me, and only discounting those.

Realistically, one option would be to book a private lesson under your pass, as you can have up to 2 people in a 1 or 1.5 hour private.

moskate

Hard Yards
Apr 20, 2019
As an Epic Pass holder, I have already received a link to the shop for each resort where I can send out bring a mate vouchers. Annoyingly, however, these still don't actually go anywhere/exist yet, so I'd say that if you bought the pass you would have the vouchers before season opens.

While I agree on the likely outcome of this, I am going to be arguing the call with Hotham if they don't honour it, as the advertising material doesn't specify "20% off lessons for the passholder" or anything similar, and it is written in exactly the same manner as the 15% off food and beverages line - so either I should be given a 20% discount on lessons booked through my account for my kid, or the F&B outlets should be asking me what items on an order are for me, and only discounting those.

Realistically, one option would be to book a private lesson under your pass, as you can have up to 2 people in a 1 or 1.5 hour private.
Much appreciated for the quick response

It was going to be a private lesson so we will just do that and book it under my name. Hadn't considered that so thanks for the advice

Reactions: nezumi

Drt

One of Us
Jun 20, 2018
Diamond Creek
I don't recall seeing any email from EPIC with links for friends vouchers. When did it get sent?
Last contact I have had was just before Easter (16/04/22) alerting to a price rise in 3 days.....

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
I don't recall seeing any email from EPIC with links for friends vouchers. When did it get sent?
Last contact I have had was just before Easter (16/04/22) alerting to a price rise in 3 days.....

On May 17 I received this:

"Your Epic Australia Pass is in the bag

..... Don't forget to make the most of all your Epic Australia Pass Benefits this winter. Here's how to access them this season."

Reactions: Drt

moskate

Hard Yards
Apr 20, 2019
This might help:

Thank you but not sure how that helps

Im on the website daily and have subscribed some time ago. I Only asked Donza as he seems to know when things might be released, as per his comment

Reactions: emkae

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
How much is the Aussie Epic pass after 30th May?

The never seem to advertise the increase amount, but as it's currently sitting on $999, with previous increases being in the order of $50, I'd put money on either $1,049 or $1,099. They may also be tempted to push it just a bit further as a "late purchase penalty" type of affair.

Reactions: Sandy

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
So lift passes have just gone on sale, but with precious little information about the actual discounts, no links and a need to book my kiddo in for lessons, I decided to buy my 6 year old an Epic Aus Pass of his own.

I have checked my Epic Aus Pass account and I can't see anywhere that I can send out links to the vouchers.

moskate

Hard Yards
Apr 20, 2019
So lift passes have just gone on sale, but with precious little information about the actual discounts, no links and a need to book my kiddo in for lessons, I decided to buy my 6 year old an Epic Aus Pass of his own.

I have checked my Epic Aus Pass account and I can't see anywhere that I can send out links to the vouchers.
Hope this is sorted for you now

I was able to use the passes Friday but took awhile for them to appear and also for the emails to go to my mate

As for the discounts, we got midweek tickets in August for $90 so that's a saving of roughly 40%

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
Anyone know how many Australian Epic Passes sold. I heard a number around 145,000 yesterday. Not sure if that is close. The other comment from the person who told me this was that the police expect to be closing the roads between 9 and 9:30 am this year in school holidays and on weekends.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015

Much appreciated
I booked lessons for myself yesterday but at the end of the process I could have assigned them to the other people linked to my account so I think you can probably get the discount. There's also a place to put comments so you can put your wife's name there. Just make sure your wife is on your account.

Hully

One of Us
May 6, 2004
Kiewa Valley
Anyone know how many Australian Epic Passes sold. I heard a number around 145,000 yesterday. Not sure if that is close. The other comment from the person who told me this was that the police expect to be closing the roads between 9 and 9:30 am this year in school holidays and on weekends.
Is this a Falls Creek comment re the roads? Never known the car parking to be full in school holidays, resort accommodation is full but the snow is not typically good enough for driving massive day visitation. Outside of emergency situations, accidents, extreme weather, fallen trees or landslides, I have only known the road to be closed due to carpark capacity on the same 2 or 3 Saturdays in August..... and by resort management not the police.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Is this a Falls Creek comment re the roads? Never known the car parking to be full in school holidays, resort accommodation is full but the snow is not typically good enough for driving massive day visitation. Outside of emergency situations, accidents, extreme weather, Haugen trees or landslides, I have only known the road to be closed due to carpark capacity on the same 2 or 3 Saturdays in August..... and by resort management not the police.
Sounds like a Perisher-related comment. Have to say, I’d well chuffed if I couldn’t park up at Falls - my first year with an Epic pass and the resort ‘likely to open’. I’ve never heard of this happening either.

Fwiw: Maybe it’s best to place Perisher-specific info on the Perisher thread?

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Hope this is sorted for you now

I was able to use the passes Friday but took awhile for them to appear and also for the emails to go to my mate

As for the discounts, we got midweek tickets in August for $90 so that's a saving of roughly 40%

Yeah, when I checked a few hours later they were available to send. It's still frustrating - it would be better to make the BAM vouchers available to send before the passes go on sale, so that you can have them ready (depending on anticipated demand and limited lift pass sales).

I booked lessons for myself yesterday but at the end of the process I could have assigned them to the other people linked to my account so I think you can probably get the discount. There's also a place to put comments so you can put your wife's name there. Just make sure your wife is on your account.

Unfortunately not. I just did a test on the Hotham shop, and if I assigned 5 X Adult group lessons to my wife (no Epic Aus Pass) it is $266 at the review and purchase page. If I assign them to me it's $212.80.

• Sad
Reactions: GlendaN

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
Sounds like a Perisher-related comment. Have to say, I’d well chuffed if I couldn’t park up at Falls - my first year with an Epic pass and the resort ‘likely to open’. I’ve never heard of this happening either.

Fwiw: Maybe it’s best to place Perisher-specific info on the Perisher thread?

This is why I think we need a "Vail resorts" forum with Perisher/Falls/Hotham under that. There are matters that affect all 3, and I'd rather post once that 3 times.

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
This is why I think we need a "Vail resorts" forum with Perisher/Falls/Hotham under that. There are matters that affect all 3, and I'd rather post once that 3 times.
That’s an excellent idea! - I plan to ski P in Sept but F & H will be my main focus - living in Melbourne.

I agree, it’s Crazy posting 3 times for broadly applicable info but road access is a bit different - we Vics don’t relish your overcrowding, road congestion and full car parking. Keep rallying for better bus services!

(Fwiw: Buller and Lake Mtn are the main culprits down south.)

Reactions: nezumi
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
That’s an excellent idea! - I plan to ski P in Sept but F & H will be my main focus - living in Melbourne.

I agree, it’s Crazy posting 3 times for broadly applicable info but road access is a bit different - we Vics don’t relish your overcrowding, road congestion and full car parking. Keep rallying for better bus services!

Oi! I'm from Melbourne and I'm going to Hotham this year! You take that insult back! :D

• Haha
Reactions: snowgum

nezumi

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 28, 2009
Melbourne
You could probably create a thread in Snow Talk for general Vail information.

I could, but it would likely go underutilised as most of the Vail resort specific information ends up in the Perisher forum at the moment.

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW

If your planning on skiing Perisher and Driving up rather than ski tube. Leave Jindabyne no later than 7:30 am or earlier.

moskate

Hard Yards
Apr 20, 2019
Yeh I just booked it for 2 people but in my name. She's linked to my account from previous years when we've had epic passes (pre covid) so shouldn't be an issue on the day. Cheers

Reactions: GlendaN

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
If your planning on skiing Perisher and Driving up rather than ski tube. Leave Jindabyne no later than 7:30 am or earlier.
Nah, I’m going to convince our leader/driver to park at SkiTube - it’s possibly our only day at P for the season so no point wasting a nice early September Saturday to save a few quid.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Nah, I’m going to convince our leader/driver to park at SkiTube - it’s possibly our only day at P for the season so no point wasting a nice early September Saturday to save a few quid.
September Saturday is fine. Just drive up the hill.
Its July August that's the issue.

For you viccos keen on riding P.

Reactions: Chaeron and snowgum

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
September Saturday is fine. Just drive up the hill.
Its July August that's the issue.

For you viccos keen on riding P.
Cheers, it sounds like a nightmare from my perspective. My last winter drive to P was for Telefest 2007.
It was busy not ‘2020 crazy’ busy.

Btw: We’ll be starting from Dalgety (Cabins) - only w/e accom available for much less than $100 pppn and within ~ an hour. Crazy expensive part of the world.

I won’t complain about Wanaka mid-season tariffs for a little while! o_O

Reactions: moskate

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Cheers, it sounds like a nightmare from my perspective. My last winter drive to P was for Telefest 2007.
It was busy not ‘2020 crazy’ busy.

Btw: We’ll be starting from Dalgety (Cabins) - only w/e accom available for much less than $100 pppn and within ~ an hour. Crazy expensive part of the world.

I won’t complain about Wanaka mid-season tariffs for a little while! o_O
The road from Dalgety is worse up the Beloka than the drive to Perisher on a snowy day. If its fine. Both are a doddle

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass