Epic Pass bookings

Joe Luxford

First Runs
Jul 1, 2020
Canberra
Any Epic Pass holders have success today making an online booking?

I spent 2.5 hours unsuccessfully clicking the "Reserve Access" button on the Epic Australia site, only to be told after 10am that it was sold out.

It is not going to be easy getting a booking if today's experience is anything to go by.

Forty

Hard Yards
Dec 17, 2000
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Absolute debacle for Hotham. I get the email at 12:17 on Friday for the reservation opening at 4pm. I’m at work and when I get into it after 5, its sold out.
I know there are restrictions and I know I can get a refund, but the process is a unfair and inequitable.
How many reservations were available for Epic passes?
How many non-Epic pass holders will be admitted to the mountain? Any mountain accomodation booking?
I what is the division of reservations for the weekend.
I’ve booked off the mountain and I’m locked in.
Will there be more reservations issued before the weekend?
Very unhappy customer.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Absolute debacle for Hotham. I get the email at 12:17 on Friday for the reservation opening at 4pm. I’m at work and when I get into it after 5, its sold out.
I know there are restrictions and I know I can get a refund, but the process is a unfair and inequitable.
How many reservations were available for Epic passes?
How many non-Epic pass holders will be admitted to the mountain? Any mountain accomodation booking?
I what is the division of reservations for the weekend.
I’ve booked off the mountain and I’m locked in.
Will there be more reservations issued before the weekend?
Very unhappy customer.
i get that you are feeling extremely disappointed but what should Hotham have done? IMHO they are in an impossible situation. there is no good answer.

to add some context, in another thread someone said buller only let 113 cars into the day park on the weekend.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
Give first access to people with pre-booked accommodation?
why should they get priority? (and I did book accom in feb)
there are many types of EAP holders. Some will book early, some will book when they can see good conditions, some will day trip, some will book accom off the hill. None is more valid than the others.

Reactions: Skiain

Forty

Hard Yards
Dec 17, 2000
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
It might be a difficult situation, but not impossible.
I booked and paid for my Epic pass back in January... How does that compare to the accommodation bookings???
I am concerned that the mountain and other bookings are getting priority over EPIC pass holders due to commercial considerations.
- How many skiers/spots will be permitted to the mountain over the weekend?
- How many EPIC pass reservations spots were offered last Friday?
- Why can't they tell us the numbers so we can make an informed decision about whether to go and get a refund or not.
I don't want to be playing internet lotto on getting a reservation every Friday afternoon at 4pm, it will come down to who has the fastest broadband connection and can click on at exactly 4:00pm.
EPIC pass holders pay for the right to a season pass (even a poor season) and we should be getting priority.
The absence and uncertainty of getting a reservation due to COVID is inconsistent with the benefit of the EPIC pass.
Why can't they answer the phone???
Why don't they respond to email messages???
Why is there not more tangible communciation about how many spots are available and what the balance is???
I have only a few windows to ski and this weekend was one of them....

Rick Ross Da Boss

One of Us
Jul 19, 2017
It might be a difficult situation, but not impossible.
I booked and paid for my Epic pass back in January... How does that compare to the accommodation bookings???
I am concerned that the mountain and other bookings are getting priority over EPIC pass holders due to commercial considerations.
- How many skiers/spots will be permitted to the mountain over the weekend?
- How many EPIC pass reservations spots were offered last Friday?
- Why can't they tell us the numbers so we can make an informed decision about whether to go and get a refund or not.
I don't want to be playing internet lotto on getting a reservation every Friday afternoon at 4pm, it will come down to who has the fastest broadband connection and can click on at exactly 4:00pm.
EPIC pass holders pay for the right to a season pass (even a poor season) and we should be getting priority.
The absence and uncertainty of getting a reservation due to COVID is inconsistent with the benefit of the EPIC pass.
Why can't they answer the phone???
Why don't they respond to email messages???
Why is there not more tangible communciation about how many spots are available and what the balance is???
I have only a few windows to ski and this weekend was one of them....
Get a refund if you only have a few windows to go up

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
you can't judge anything about this season by normal standards. nothing about covid is fair. doing anything in an orderly fashion is difficult because it's uncharted territory and situations can change rapidly.
of course the lift companies are going to put a lot of emphasis on their own financial situation. of course their office staff are overwhelmed by the number of emails and calls to return
everything about covid is shitty but getting aggro about the resorts and lift companies won't help

Joe Luxford

First Runs
Jul 1, 2020
Canberra
Not looking good this morning for an EAP reservation for next week.

I've been poised over my keyboard since before 7:30 to apply for an EAP lift pass for at least one day next week and hit the key on the dot of 7:30am. At first, for several minutes, EAP was showing last week's notice that it was booked out. Then after about 5 minutes, I suspect the site may have overloaded as all I'm seeing now at 7:40am is a white blank screen when I go to the booking page.

Joe Luxford

First Runs
Jul 1, 2020
Canberra
Its days now since the deadline passed for requesting a refund, which I didn't. However, Epic have not deducted the balance of my Epic pass application - I paid the deposit back in February.

I can't get any response from them as to what is happening and how I can get my pass.

I don't want to drive all the way to Perisher only to be told to pay full fare because I don't have an Epic Pass card in my hand.

This is frustrating to say the least.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass