Question Epic pass - first timer - process/post time?

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Howdy, family bought Epic passes for the first time this year.

Last week I uploaded photos against each account, including Master SG.

I did fire Vail a courtesy email against an initial query about photos -

I’m wondering how long I should expect to wait to see the passes in the mail. I haven’t received an email confirming receipt of the pics, or process completion or frankly anything.

Just wondering if this is normal? should I relax with less than weeks until we arrive at Falls for our week?

There’s no Aussie number to ring - all very suck it and see.

Thanks for any advice folks. :cool::thumbs:
SG.

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
we logged on and ‘discovered’ our names, so I assume it was EA. I’ll check.:oops: :rolleyes:
cheers Currawong.

If it is Australia, try this avenue

1625284849685.png

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
I THINK they only post them if you selected that as an option at checkout when you bought them. From memory there was an extra few bucks to cover registered post but I could be thinking about Fall's resort entry there.

AFAIK you collect them at a ticket office on your first visit, they get printed on demand.

currawong

Pool Room
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
I THINK they only post them if you selected that as an option at checkout when you bought them. From memory there was an extra few bucks to cover registered post but I could be thinking about Fall's resort entry there.

AFAIK you collect them at a ticket office on your first visit, they get printed on demand.
i thought that but not confident enough that it was actually the case.

Reactions: Chaeron
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
The main ticket office is next to the bottom of Halleys/Bilia/Express/Halleys. I'm actually not sure that they have ticket sales at the admin office anymore.
Cheers for that Hully - have been skiing Hotham most years! Be interesting to see how the lad (12) takes to Falls but he seemed to enjoy the progression of difficulty on the lake side GF weekend 2019. :thumbs:

Reactions: Chaeron and Hully

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Ours were sent to us. We were not expecting them at all
Cheers Sadie, its a bit hit and miss - I will call today and put the matter to rest (if they answer - they could be swamped in the sch hols?)

Reactions: Sadie

IntermediatePOW

Hard Yards
Jun 20, 2020
Hello all, on a similar vein to the Epic pass, does anyone know if I can by a flexible multi day pass for this season?

I'll be going up twice this year, and looking for 6 or 7 days worth lift tickets? Is this possible, or do you have to book the specific days you are on the snow?

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
The reason I think that is, I lost my existing epic pass and contacted Epic australia re a replacement. they said to just front to a ticket office with some ID and it would be printed on demand.
I'm at around 5 "lost" now.
Never an issue. Sometimes you need to show ID. Other times you don't.
They just look at the picture on their screen.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
The last one was on purpose though.
Before we went to Japan. I got a brand new spanking "Epic" branded card.
Just so i'd have no issues at the ticket office in Japan.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
I liked the purple one (my signature colour) but it seems to have gone awol (or was that a Hero pass can't recall). I still have various iterations of pre and during the Hero pass era but could not locate my most recent Epic. No matter, they sent me a new one anyway complete with a 12 year old and nearly illegible photo. Don't even own that ski jacket or buff any more.....

• Haha

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
Sorry gang, stupid Q I guess?

With the family all on Epic passes, do we have to reserve lifts due to Covid or is that only for day & multi-day people? I haven’t seen anywhere on the afalls or Epic sites that stipulate the need.

It would be a bugger to have $2.5k of family season passes for the first time and not be allocated lift time during the week? (non ski hols btw!)

cheers. :thumbs: (Dotting i’s!)

Tom from Melbourne

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2017
Sorry gang, stupid Q I guess?

With the family all on Epic passes, do we have to reserve lifts due to Covid or is that only for day & multi-day people? I haven’t seen anywhere on the afalls or Epic sites that stipulate the need.

It would be a bugger to have $2.5k of family season passes for the first time and not be allocated lift time during the week? (non ski hols btw!)

cheers. :thumbs: (Dotting i’s!)
No need to reserve for Epic passes, but need to book parking (if you have resort entry season pass).

They have limited ticket sales for capacity, but this only for day & multi-day.

If it changes I think we’d get email from Vail (and the forums would go off!).

snowgum

A Local
Ski Pass
May 4, 1999
vic
No need to reserve for Epic passes, but need to book parking (if you have resort entry season pass).

They have limited ticket sales for capacity, but this only for day & multi-day.

If it changes I think we’d get email from Vail (and the forums would go off!).
Thanks Tom, good to know. (lift reservation) - yes the Falls/Epic Switchboard would light up like the proverbial!

We have heard about the CP reservation - we also have CP season passes. (Match the Epic)
So we need to get on this.

I’m hoping that next year, Covid Normal (with vaccines in arms) is even more normal. :cool::thumbs:

Reactions: Tom from Melbourne

Tom from Melbourne

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 30, 2017
Thanks Tom, good to know. (lift reservation) - yes the Falls/Epic Switchboard would light up like the proverbial!

We have heard about the CP reservation - we also have CP season passes. (Match the Epic)
So we need to get on this.

I’m hoping that next year, Covid Normal (with vaccines in arms) is even more normal. :cool::thumbs:

Yep, I just went in and booked all the resort access to match our planned trips.

No printing resort access booking required - so it would be an easy thing to forget!

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass