Epic Pass Refunds

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Imo they should automatically refund everyone who elected core season. A waste of resources assessing claims of those whose refund is easily ascertainable.
Also the terms and conditions are very dense and seem designed to ensure a percentage of eligible ticket holders never claim a refund.
As a manager at a business I used to work for once said:
We may as well try it on. If they call us on it we will pay, but if they don't it's profit.

Reactions: JayJee

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
I got a "please submit supporting documents as proof of address for your refund claim under Stay-at-home order" email today. As I live in Tassie, I have never been under a stay at home order.

I responded that it clearly states in the online application form I filled in and in my submitted supporting documentation, that I am claiming a refund under Resort Closure not stay at home order. The filled form and my attached documentation was in the body of the email. It looks like the nice young lady hit send before actually reading my request.

I am still not holding my breath...

Reactions: Bluey79

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I got a "please submit supporting documents as proof of address for your refund claim under Stay-at-home order" email today. As I live in Tassie, I have never been under a stay at home order.

I responded that it clearly states in the online application form I filled in and in my submitted supporting documentation, that I am claiming a refund under Resort Closure not stay at home order. The filled form and my attached documentation was in the body of the email. It looks like the nice young lady hit send before actually reading my request.

I am still not holding my breath...
In the T&C it mentions that resort closure claims can be made in October (for specific or all Australian resorts) or May (for all resorts). You're too early, they won't know what % of the season they were closed for until the season ends.

Reactions: Ozgirl and Chaeron

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
In the T&C it mentions that resort closure claims can be made in October (for specific or all Australian resorts) or May (for all resorts). You're too early, they won't know what % of the season they were closed for until the season ends.
Yeah I submitted originally before I read that bit so I know I jumped the gun. I expected that they might read my application, file it until October then process it then. I was surprised to get the email today but it is clear the didn't read any better than I did...

Reactions: Ozgirl

amyannick

Hard Yards
Jan 2, 2021
Imo they should automatically refund everyone who elected core season. A waste of resources assessing claims of those whose refund is easily ascertainable.
Also the terms and conditions are very dense and seem designed to ensure a percentage of eligible ticket holders never claim a refund.
We may as well try it on. If they call us on it we will pay, but if they don't it's profit.
I'd say the more likely scenario is that they are insured in some way and are required to do some due diligence on refunds before paying out.

I found the T&Cs surprisingly clear and readable as far as those types of documents go. They even gave worked examples!

cornice12

First Runs
Sep 2, 2021
want to check my reading of the resort closure requirements - refunds are only made for days closed during hte core season, until 12 sept and any days if thyere closed from 12 sept until october long weekend are immaterial to the amount of the refund.
does this sound right?

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
want to check my reading of the resort closure requirements - refunds are only made for days closed during hte core season, until 12 sept and any days if thyere closed from 12 sept until october long weekend are immaterial to the amount of the refund.
does this sound right?
If they define core season to end on Sept 12, then yes. (Couldn’t be bothered going and reading it again).

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
I received notification of a full refund on Friday.
I have received no further notification. But the money was in the account on the weekend. Which is fine - I would rather they spend their time giving the money back to people than sending out emails.
This was for one Student EPIC Aus pass for my daughter.

Reactions: GlenH
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

cornice12

First Runs
Sep 2, 2021
If they define core season to end on Sept 12, then yes. (Couldn’t be bothered going and reading it again).
explains their strong motivation to stay open during core season when most of their customers were unable to attend the resort and probably means basically zero chance of a late season reopening if lockdowns miraculously end before october long weekend.

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
I've submitted my application for a pro-rata refund due to resort closure, it's on the website now so you can submit resort refund requests:

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 10-24-04 Epic Australia Pass.png

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
I've submitted my application for a pro-rata refund due to resort closure, it's on the website now so you can submit resort refund requests:

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 10-24-04 Epic Australia Pass.png
Just remember that the pass is deactivated when they process the refund. Although given that I'm locked in the ACT until the 15th of October I may as well process it now.

Reactions: Aractus

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
Just remember that the pass is deactivated when they process the refund. Although given that I'm locked in the ACT until the 15th of October I may as well process it now.
Ditto, although having skiied 10 days at Perisher this season I don’t know if I’ll get anything back. I’m also putting in refund requests for my two boys under “stay at home” orders (they only managed 3 days), although I don’t know if it makes much difference. Will trawl through the details tomorrow.

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra

Indeed, I thought about that, and I figured they're going to process it at the end of October like they said so there's little downside.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Ditto, although having skiied 10 days at Perisher this season I don’t know if I’ll get anything back. I’m also putting in refund requests for my two boys under “stay at home” orders (they only managed 3 days), although I don’t know if it makes much difference. Will trawl through the details tomorrow.
You should get about $300 back if you nominated Perisher as your resort or $200 if you didn't.

Snowy Joey

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 14, 2014
Dandenong ranges Vic
I just submitted our application for a refund of our six passes.
Hubby and youngest three got two days at Hotham and one at Falls before we were forced home by lockdown and resort closure. I got one at each.
Eldest son didn’t get any skiing this year. First year he’s been independent so he had different plans to us. Hope we get some sort of refund.

JayJee

A new hope
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011

This 100% and that’s why I’m so mad.

They’ve been good at other things, like promptly reopening the lifts for the 10 locals left able to ski, but not so much for the thousands stuck in lockdowns and their refunds.

It’s all been dragging feet, who are you and where do you live again? Can you prove it? It’s funny they never had any trouble finding me before…

Myself and others won’t be soon to forget. Apparently Thredbo was fantastic with their refunds.

Reactions: crackson

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
I submitted Epic pass refunds for my two boys last Thursday based on Stay at Home orders for our area. Received a query about one within a few hours, followed by a further email the next day stating that the refunds had been approved.

I’ll put mine in at season end using the ‘resort closure’ provisions - if I get a partial refund, that will be a bonus.

mauricem

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2010
Sunshine Coast
Pleased to receive a full refund for my personal injury claim. TBH the submitted documentation did not meet the criteria in their terms and conditions and I fully expected to be asked for extra evidence or worst case to be knocked back. So thank you Perisher, my 22 season pass is now locked in.

Deanski

Addicted
Jun 26, 2017
Cronulla
Refund claim submitted in July once the govt locked in stay at home orders until the end of August, therefore rendering our holiday impossible. Received nothing more than an acknowledgment email. Waited around a month to give them time being that it is an unusual event and they are under pressure. Nothing. So I resent the full claim in for both myself and my wife along with all the evidence of where we live etc. Nothing. Started sending emails weekly asking why nothing has been refunded. Finally I sent a harsh email to the info@perisher email address and a girl fired back the same day apologising. She must then have tracked our claims and within a week we were refunded the expected amount. That was only last week though, so over two months. And no email at all. The money went into our accounts but nothing received in terms of them stating the refund was approved. So maybe keep your eyes on your account that was used to pay initially.

Reactions: Snowy Joey

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
My refund came through within the 7 business days as promised, albeit in cheque form from Mastercard due to Vail sending it back to a deactivated credit card.
All good, seamless process and deposit laid down tonight for season 2022.
was just wondering about that. I think I initially paid with a no deactivated card... Maybe my cheque is in the mail.

Slalom

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
was just wondering about that. I think I initially paid with a no deactivated card... Maybe my cheque is in the mail.
I updated my credit card details in my Epic account prior to the refund application. When I hadn’t received the refund after 6 days, thought I’d just randomly check my old credit card app.
Bingo. Had been sent there. Had to ring Mastercard to sort it out but they had already put the cheque in the mail by that stage.
In the letterbox today when I got home.

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
My refund came through within the 7 business days as promised, albeit in cheque form from Mastercard due to Vail sending it back to a deactivated credit card.
All good, seamless process and deposit laid down tonight for season 2022.

Awesome, I love receiving a cheque. It's like money, only printed on paper!

Reactions: Slalom

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
I got my "we are sorry its taking so long" email yesterday. As I am claiming under resort closure I was not expecting anything until October anyway so all good. At least I know that the claim is being processed and I should get a wee bit back at some stage.

Lyndell glenn

First Runs
Sep 24, 2021
Just thought I would add that I have also been refused a refund for the epic pass. I have diagnosed with mysophiloma (lung cancer caused by aspestos) can't breath let alone ski and have weekly immunotherapy for the rest of my life. I met all the criteria in terms and conditions applied for a refund, Provided the requested medical certificate and received a refusal to refund. Now Seeking legal advice. Do not buy this pass they are dishonourable.

mauricem

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2010
Sunshine Coast
Just thought I would add that I have also been refused a refund for the epic pass. I have diagnosed with mysophiloma (lung cancer caused by aspestos) can't breath let alone ski and have weekly immunotherapy for the rest of my life. I met all the criteria in terms and conditions applied for a refund, Provided the requested medical certificate and received a refusal to refund. Now Seeking legal advice. Do not buy this pass they are dishonourable.
That doesn't sound right does it. Is this the Epic Australia pass? I've heard the US skiers are having more trouble getting refunds than we are.
The only reason I can imagine knocking you back in your circumstances would be for a pre existing condition but as I mentioned above I received a full refund even though my med cert from a GP failed to mention when the injury occurred.
I also failed to nominate resort or dates so it was just whatever the default was.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Are many people still waiting weeks for a refund?

I put mine in towards the end of 30 days after Sydney became eligible, received back my Skitube part (what I had added later originally) but not yet the main part of it.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Are many people still waiting weeks for a refund?

I put mine in towards the end of 30 days after Sydney became eligible, received back my Skitube part (what I had added later originally) but not yet the main part of it.
I put in for resort closure.

I received an email telling me they would only process it after the season is over.

StuckinQld

One of Us
Jun 28, 2009
Hunter Valley / Newcastle ish
I’ve read the bits and pieces, trying to work out whether or not we are entitled to anything. We live in regional NSW, got out of lockdown on the same day as Snowy Monaro. Had falls creek core season as our selected option as we had 2 weeks booked at Hotham and Falls. We used our pass on 7 days at Perisher as we couldn’t travel to Vic. Anyone got any idea? Would be handy to put something towards next years pass since this season got shortened for us and we missed out on at least 5 extra days we had committed to.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I’ve read the bits and pieces, trying to work out whether or not we are entitled to anything. We live in regional NSW, got out of lockdown on the same day as Snowy Monaro. Had falls creek core season as our selected option as we had 2 weeks booked at Hotham and Falls. We used our pass on 7 days at Perisher as we couldn’t travel to Vic. Anyone got any idea? Would be handy to put something towards next years pass since this season got shortened for us and we missed out on at least 5 extra days we had committed to.
You’d be entitled to a partial refund based on number of closed days at FC divided by no of days in peak season I reckon.

Reactions: currawong

StuckinQld

One of Us
Jun 28, 2009
Hunter Valley / Newcastle ish
Section 5. In bold writing. Hopefully I’m wrong in how I’m reading it, but not confident. If we had chosen Perisher we would get a refund since we skied Perisher only. And because we skied 7 days, we won’t get anything under the personal events.

029F339F-8FE5-4751-840F-7F3CACC4E4B0.png

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Section 5. In bold writing. Hopefully I’m wrong in how I’m reading it, but not confident. If we had chosen Perisher we would get a refund since we skied Perisher only. And because we skied 7 days, we won’t get anything under the personal events.

Guess it’s how you interpret “elect”. Did you ski at Perisher while/after FC closed? And if it’s determined that you by default elected to ski at Perisher, which then closed, I’d expect you would still have a claim.

You don’t ask, you don’t get.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010

Reads that it's only after a refund is processed? Worst case you should get an all resorts / core season refund?

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Sort of. But when you were planning 30 or so days…
I got 19 days, many of which were shitty early season snow and everyone jammed into a few lifts. We missed the part of the season with the best cover.
Getting a partial refund won't make up for that but it does make it a little easier to swallow.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
I just chased them up regarding mine and within a day they replied to tell me by card was declined as I had a new card (normal renewal).

Oh well, I sent off the details requested.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass