Epic Pass Refunds

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
As I live in Queensland I've applied for a refund on the basis the border closure is effectively the same as a lockdown. I've had a couple of emails acknowledging the delay but no outcome as yet. It looks like they're still considering whether to accept this as meeting the policy but given the T and Cs refer to comparable mandatory government orders hopefully they'll provide a refund. If not a smaller refund under resort closure I guess. As I only skied 2 days it makes it expensive.

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
I sent an email to claims@epicaustraliapass.com.au send in my for refund requests for me and other family members under stay at home (Melbourne) and I've received an automated acknowledgment that it was received. Didn't use their web form, I always use email instead if an web form is possible so I have a complete record of what I've provided. Put in our power bills which I was on in July but now just my wife is on the new house per bill so I hope that works as evidence. We used the passes for 5 days in early July so I don't expect much back but better than nowt ay?

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
Still waiting on my refund (of some paltry amount) under resort closure. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on one for next year well, hey it was my birthday after all.

I had decided to nominate Falls this time round as with an all resorts, core season this year I really shot myself in the foot as far as potential refunds go. Anyway, there was no where to select that option that I found, Did I miss something or does that bit happen when you pay the balance next year? (Edit: found it Falls Creek and specific week selected)

Now all I have to do is wangle enough leave to make a trip worthwhile, new job and all that...

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Still waiting on my refund (of some paltry amount) under resort closure. Yesterday I pulled the trigger on one for next year well, hey it was my birthday after all.

I had decided to nominate Falls this time round as with an all resorts, core season this year I really shot myself in the foot as far as potential refunds go. Anyway, there was no where to select that option that I found, Did I miss something or does that bit happen when you pay the balance next year? (Edit: found it Falls Creek and specific week selected)

Now all I have to do is wangle enough leave to make a trip worthwhile, new job and all that...
The option to select your resort preference becomes available before the season starts. Right now Vail are just wanting to get your deposit money, which they can use for refunds of they are getting short on cash flow.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
The option to select your resort preference becomes available before the season starts. Right now Vail are just wanting to get your deposit money, which they can use for refunds of they are getting short on cash flow.
You can select on your epic Australia account.

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
You can select on your epic Australia account.
My recollection is that for the 2021 season the option to set a preference didn't appear in my Epic account until closer to the start of the season. I haven't purchased 2022 Epic passes yet. Won't get them for the twins who are doing year 12 next year. They will be probably too busy in August and September with SACS and the lead up to exams to be taken out for ski trips. For them we can purchase reasonably economical 5 day passes for a week in July (snow permitting) but I'll still get the Epic passes for my wife and I.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
My recollection is that for the 2021 season the option to set a preference didn't appear in my Epic account until closer to the start of the season. I haven't purchased 2022 Epic passes yet. Won't get them for the twins who are doing year 12 next year. They will be probably too busy in August and September with SACS and the lead up to exams to be taken out for ski trips. For them we can purchase reasonably economical 5 day passes for a week in July (snow permitting) but I'll still get the Epic passes for my wife and I.
Mine is set for 2022. Last year was the first time the option was available, might explain the timing.

Also for your twins, remember they will be adult day passes but child season passes. Last chance at that!

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Mine is set for 2022. Last year was the first time the option was available, might explain the timing.

Also for your twins, remember they will be adult day passes but child season passes. Last chance at that!
My kids unfortunately turn 18 days before the season starts so they would need to get adult Epic passes. However I think they can still get student passes at Hotham and Falls. I'll have to review the conditions.

Reactions: Aractus

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
Student pass used the age at June 11 2022 and is for 5-17 year Olds. However it also has the info
"Children aged 15-17 years. For secondary school students aged 16-18 years, a letter of enrolment may be required." So turning 18 a few days before June 11 night still have them eligible for a session pass at a child rate. Mmmm.... need to check the day/multi-day pass conditions for 18 yr old high school students at Falls and Hotham. If they could still get child day rates that would be ok and better than a cc season pass is they are not going to fly for more than 5 or 6 days.

Last edited:

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
My kids unfortunately turn 18 days before the season starts so they would need to get adult Epic passes. However I think they can still get student passes at Hotham and Falls. I'll have to review the conditions.
Nope. High school = child epic. Might need a letter from school.

Reactions: Val Desire
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013
anyone got a telephone number for Epic - been waiting two months

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
I just chased them up regarding mine and within a day they replied to tell me by card was declined as I had a new card (normal renewal).

Oh well, I sent off the details requested.
Got the phone call this morning to say the balance has been approved and paid back to my card (they had to ring apparently, because of an expired card). Now just to wait the obligatory few days to check that it has arrived. :)

mauricem

Addicted
Ski Pass
Jun 27, 2010
Sunshine Coast
As I live in Queensland I've applied for a refund on the basis the border closure is effectively the same as a lockdown. I've had a couple of emails acknowledging the delay but no outcome as yet. It looks like they're still considering whether to accept this as meeting the policy but given the T and Cs refer to comparable mandatory government orders hopefully they'll provide a refund. If not a smaller refund under resort closure I guess. As I only skied 2 days it makes it expensive.
Good luck Glenda, I was in the same situation and wasn't too confident after looking at the T&Cs. You could always do what I did, take up mountain biking, concuss yourself crashing into a few trees, guaranteed to get a "do not ski" from your GP.;)

cqen2l

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2003
Northern Beaches
anyone got a telephone number for Epic - been waiting two months
They called me this morning to sort out the last part of my refund - they had refunded the main payment but not the deposit. 02 6459 4495.

You can try that number but as @GlenH suggested email is your best option - Epic Australia claims@epicaustraliapass.com.au Email to that address and you'll receive a confirmation.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Good luck Glenda, I was in the same situation and wasn't too confident after looking at the T&Cs. You could always do what I did, take up mountain biking, concuss yourself crashing into a few trees, guaranteed to get a "do not ski" from your GP.;)
Oh dear think I'd prefer to settle for the smaller resort closure refund. Hope you're on the mend.

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013
They called me this morning to sort out the last part of my refund - they had refunded the main payment but not the deposit. 02 6459 4495.

You can try that number but as @GlenH suggested email is your best option - Epic Australia claims@epicaustraliapass.com.au Email to that address and you'll receive a confirmation.
thanks C - the email tends to generate an automatic response. I have had a real person ask me for more POI info (duly supplied) but since nothing. Very frustrating.

As an aside I emailed and said I was having trouble purchasing 2022 Epic pass. Had someone come back to me within an hour:rolleyes:

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Got the phone call this morning to say the balance has been approved and paid back to my card (they had to ring apparently, because of an expired card). Now just to wait the obligatory few days to check that it has arrived. :)
The money arrived today. :)

I hope the remaining others can get their refunds sorted out soon.

scottski

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2004
Homebush NSW
Contacted Thredbo for the pass I bought my daughter. Refunded in 10 minutes.
Same for My wife’s Thredbo Season pass. She used two days, Contacted them and got refunded in 10 minutes.

• Love
Reactions: crackson

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013

I tried this number and get nowhere. All communications are now by email!!

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
There seems to be no pattern to the sequence in which claims are being processed however presuming you are eligible I'd expect you'll get refunded eventually.

Reactions: currawong

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
That was the # they called me on. The lady I spoke to was very polite and courteous but noted they were flat processing claims.
It wouldn't surprise me if the number they appear to call you from is not one you can actually reach when you ring it back. A lot of companies work like that.

cqen2l

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Feb 7, 2003
Northern Beaches
It wouldn't surprise me if the number they appear to call you from is not one you can actually reach when you ring it back. A lot of companies work like that.
Nah, you can, they just encourage you to email. They'll call you, eventually.

Neddy

Hard Yards
Mar 18, 2016
Submitted online refund request on Monday and received refund confirmation email and text today. Used only one day at Falls due Melb lockdown and got 86% refund, so pretty happy with the outcome. Have just put deposit on next year's as a result

TinkyH23

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2008
Macedon Ranges, Victoria
So can someone please clarify for me - One of us skied only 5 days this season, can he still get 28% refunded?
We all selected ALL RESORTS (Vic) and CORE SEASON.

It reads like we would have to have selected PRIMARY RESORT to get any refund.

Neddy

Hard Yards
Mar 18, 2016
Also: Date of cancellation -date you were no longer able to use the pass????
I put 5 August on my form and noted full lockdown period in comments. Melb based, core season, all resorts. Got refunded 6 of 7 days (86%)

TinkyH23

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2008
Macedon Ranges, Victoria
Not sure how to approach it from a REGIONAL VIC perspective.
Got in 1 day of skiing and then lifts closed early August. Even though lifts turned again for regional visitors, we all only managed a couple of extra days (on weekends) after that.

Do they pay much attention to the comments section?
Should I mention that we all went home when lifts closed (even though we were booked for longer).
When lifts opened for regional a week later - none of us had time off work.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Not sure how to approach it from a REGIONAL VIC perspective.
Got in 1 day of skiing and then lifts closed early August. Even though lifts turned again for regional visitors, we all only managed a couple of extra days (on weekends) after that.

Do they pay much attention to the comments section?
Should I mention that we all went home when lifts closed (even though we were booked for longer).
When lifts opened for regional a week later - none of us had time off work.
Two sorts of refunds:
Personal event: based on the number of days you ski for % of refund
Resort closure: based on the number of days in season resorts were closed for % of refund

I'm unsure how you would go trying to get a refund based on 1 day used as you were not restricted from visiting the resort due to lockdown orders and you had not nominated a specific week. From memory all resorts and core season will give you around $200 back if you claim under resort closure, which may be the best you can do.

I don't envy them this will take a bloody long time to sort out.

Reactions: TinkyH23

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
I am seeing people from QLD and WA getting refunds rejected but offered credit for 2022 on facebook

Mouse_M

Hard Yards
May 21, 2018
I am seeing people from QLD and WA getting refunds rejected but offered credit for 2022 on facebook
I saw that too! We are in QLD and keen to know which.....I put a claim in for resort closure as I had done Perisher for a specific date range (i think) or maybe core season.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
I got multiple emails over the last few weeks in response to my claim under resort closure (from tassie). But so far no actual refund. I might email them saying if they are having trouble coughing up I would happily receive a 2022 pass in lieu.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
A part refund that I am very happy with came thru from the other place within 2 weeks.

Epic, crickets.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
A part refund that I am very happy with came thru from the other place within 2 weeks.

Epic, crickets.
Have you applied through resort closure? I’m still waiting too, but wasn’t expecting anything until after closing weekend.

skifree

A disciple of the blessed avi giraffe
Ski Pass
Jul 13, 1998
Middle Oz
Have you applied through resort closure? I’m still waiting too, but wasn’t expecting anything until after closing weekend.
Applied after closing. I’m not really sure what i applied for, typically Perisher IT, set up to the detriment of guests & to suit Perisher.

For example try and work out the cost of a lesson without booking.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Applied after closing. I’m not really sure what i applied for, typically Perisher IT, set up to the detriment of guests & to suit Perisher.

For example try and work out the cost of a lesson without booking.
Haven't tried. But I eventually got the refund for my Sydney based daughter, expect I’ll eventually get mine for resort closure.

Reactions: skull and skifree

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Still waiting on my resort closure refunds. Not buying a pass for next year until they pay up for this one.

Reactions: Mouse_M

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
It does seem unfair that even someone who got value from their pass can get a partial refund for resort closure while Queenslanders who couldn't practically travel because of border closure don't get a full refund or partial refund. Last year the resort did refund in full.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
It does seem unfair that even someone who got value from their pass can get a partial refund for resort closure while Queenslanders who couldn't practically travel because of border closure don't get a full refund or partial refund. Last year the resort did refund in full.
Everyone buys with known terms and conditions. They don’t have to be fair. Given a credit for next year, outside the stated terms and conditions as a form of goodwill, is more than fair.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Everyone buys with known terms and conditions. They don’t have to be fair. Given a credit for next year, outside the stated terms and conditions as a form of goodwill, is more than fair.
Actually contracts can't be unconscionable but putting that aside the terms and conditions referred to mandatory stay at home orders and comparable government orders. Effectively the border closure prevented Queensland residents from returning home if they left the State. At one stage noone could enter Queensland as quarantine was full. Its arguable a court would say this is comparable to a stay at home order. Also the banner advertising was at best misleading as to the actual terms of the coverage. Of course cost means noone is going to challenge the T and Cs in court but I don't think its as clear cut as you seem to. A credit for those who can use it is fine but not everyone will be able to. I will add that in the past my family have sought pass refunds for medical reasons and these have always been paid without any problems.

Lady Penelope

One of some lot ...
Ski Pass
Sep 7, 2014
Canberra
I put in a partial refund request for my two boys under “stay at home” orders a few weeks back and received an email within 24 hours stating I would have 57% of the Pass cost in my bank account for each ASAP (they had skiied 3 days at Perisher). However, I am still waiting to hear back about my own refund request, which was under “resort closure” provisions. Given I’ve skiied 10 days at Perisher this year, I’m not too fussed, but I would have skiied a whole lot more given the chance!

downhillnic

Hard Yards
Mar 15, 2010
Brisbane
So... I'm really pissed off now... just because we are from Qld, don't get a $$ refund just an option for $$ credit towards a Pass for next year ski season.
We don't want to ski in Aus next year, does not fit into our travel plans.
We don't understand the logic and its also a sense of discrimination, how come claims are approved from Victoria/NSW and ACT.... even those that have had a chance to ski a couple of days. Whilst here in Queensland, we have been in a state of 'State Arrest' stay in your state/home orders by the Qld Govt.
I'd be interested how many other Qld couples/families are in the similar predicament with 'EPIC' and if a class action could be brought upon. I for one will be going to the media soon.
I await in vain for an answer back from EPIC, I have even asked them to call me.

Reactions: kew1 and GlendaN

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
So... I'm really pissed off now... just because we are from Qld, don't get a $$ refund just an option for $$ credit towards a Pass for next year ski season.
We don't understand the logic and its also a sense of discrimination, how come claims are approved from Victoria/NSW and ACT.... even those that have had a chance to ski a couple of days. Whilst here in Queensland, we have been in a state of 'State Arrest' stay in your state/home orders by the Qld Govt.
I'd be interested how many other Qld couples/families are in the similar predicament with 'EPIC' and if a class action could be brought upon. I for one will be going to the media soon.
I await in vain for an answer back from EPIC, I have even asked them to call me.
Forget a class action it would cost too much. You could complain to ASIC or NSW Fair Trading see what they say. If all else fails the smaller refund under resort closure provision might be better than a credit you can't use.

Reactions: downhillnic

Telemark Phat

Pass the butter
Ski Pass
Jun 21, 2008
Jindabyne
www.telemarkphat.org
Poor life choice, living that far from the snow.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass