Epic Pass Refunds

steeps

One of Us
May 8, 2006
I'm a proud New South Welshman
Has anyone been successful in getting refund on lift tickets of lessons that weren't used due to the lockdown?

I've been waiting for a refund for 2 weeks so far, but not reply to my emails and no refund processed to my bank account.
Received the confirmation email yesterday for normal lift tickets refunds...Epic refund process kicks in from next Wed if you have not used your pass - in our case we selected this week as the "Epic Coverage" date, even though that is meant to apply to resort closure - cant be any clearer in terms of our intent and would stand up to the ACCC test as well re "Lock Down"

Reactions: Stevie84

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Received the confirmation email yesterday for normal lift tickets refunds...Epic refund process kicks in from next Wed if you have not used your pass - in our case we selected this week as the "Epic Coverage" date, even though that is meant to apply to resort closure - cant be any clearer in terms of our intent and would stand up to the ACCC test as well re "Lock Down"
What's next Wednesday? It's not 30 days yet from lockdown is it? Will probably get a refund for my inner west Sydney daughter, and just buy some day tickets if she manages to get down late int he season.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
What's next Wednesday? It's not 30 days yet from lockdown is it? Will probably get a refund for my inner west Sydney daughter, and just buy some day tickets if she manages to get down late int he season.
27th July is 30 days since official lockdown for Greater Sydney.

Reactions: SnowRabbit

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Well we've pulled the pin and return to Queensland tomorrow. Very sad to leave but not prepared to do 2 weeks in quarantine. At least we had a short trip more than last year. Not sure about pass refunds I guess it will depend on what happens with Queensland border. We're booked for late August so we'll see.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Well we've pulled the pin and return to Queensland tomorrow. Very sad to leave but not prepared to do 2 weeks in quarantine. At least we had a short trip more than last year. Not sure about pass refunds I guess it will depend on what happens with Queensland border. We're booked for late August so we'll see.
Oh that's sad, I thought you only just got there.

Are you punting on the border closing, as I don't think it has yet but the Queensland government is certainly issuing warnings.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
Oh that's sad, I thought you only just got there.

Are you punting on the border closing, as I don't think it has yet but the Queensland government is certainly issuing warnings.
Yes we had 2 days skiing and saw our daughter so glad we came down. The messages somewhat mixed but they're definitely urging Queenslanders to return home. I recall similar before they shut the border last year. A few health issues due to age so not prepared to risk it. Still booked for late August so we'll see what eventuates.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
26th June is the start for greater Sydney - quoting just in case Perisher asks for "proof" :rolleyes:

From 6pm on Saturday 26 June, the stay at home direction applies to people who live in, usually work in, or usually attend a university or other tertiary education facility in Greater Sydney including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour local government areas

Reactions: Olgreg

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
Vail's customer service is xlnt when they want your money.

Thredbo's customer service is xlnt 100% of the time.

Choose where to ski wisely.

KT made a number of poor decisions. First they cancelled season passes without warning and after they had still been selling them during Covid. Then they skyrocketed the lift ticket price to a flat $175 per day. They made decisions without consulting stakeholders (e.g. local businesses or their customers). I don't mean to be too hard on them they did run a successful season last year during Covid and that's to be commended. But the very worst thing of all that they did last year was misinform their customers by putting on their website that the poor snow cover was due to unseasonably poor weather. They did not disclose that they no snowmaking from late August due to a burst compressed air pipe.

Perisher weren't perfect either of course, but they didn't do those things. They could definitely be more open with their customers, we still don't know why the snowboarder fell off the Leichhardt Quad in 2019, I've been told by those in senior positions they're not supposed to talk about it but that there was “multiple issues that led to the incident that have since been fixed”. Customers have a right to know about any serious breach in safety and what caused it, the secrecy is ridiculous. It doesn't make you look like a professional business, it makes you look like gangsters.

Anyway on the refunds I expect Perisher to honour their terms, which means they will be processing and issuing a LOT of them over the coming weeks. The terms are actually pretty reasonable on Covid IMHO, there has to be some give-and-take and I think they've got the balance right. However they could certainly do a customer satisfaction survey at the end of the season and seek feedback over the Covid-19 related refund policies.

blutek

One of Us
Jun 2, 2003
central coast
Anyone claimed yet for Greater Sydney stay at home order, 26 June to 30 July.
T&C's state, may make a full or partial refund.

Chaeron

Ski-Hike-Blade-Bike-Kayak
Ski Pass
Jun 24, 2014
Dandenong Ranges
KT made a number of poor decisions. First they cancelled season passes without warning and after they had still been selling them during Covid. Then they skyrocketed the lift ticket price to a flat $175 per day. They made decisions without consulting stakeholders (e.g. local businesses or their customers). I don't mean to be too hard on them they did run a successful season last year during Covid and that's to be commended. But the very worst thing of all that they did last year was misinform their customers by putting on their website that the poor snow cover was due to unseasonably poor weather. They did not disclose that they no snowmaking from late August due to a burst compressed air pipe.

Perisher weren't perfect either of course, but they didn't do those things. They could definitely be more open with their customers, we still don't know why the snowboarder fell off the Leichhardt Quad in 2019, I've been told by those in senior positions they're not supposed to talk about it but that there was “multiple issues that led to the incident that have since been fixed”. Customers have a right to know about any serious breach in safety and what caused it, the secrecy is ridiculous. It doesn't make you look like a professional business, it makes you look like gangsters.

Anyway on the refunds I expect Perisher to honour their terms, which means they will be processing and issuing a LOT of them over the coming weeks. The terms are actually pretty reasonable on Covid IMHO, there has to be some give-and-take and I think they've got the balance right. However they could certainly do a customer satisfaction survey at the end of the season and seek feedback over the Covid-19 related refund policies.
Vail didn’t make many friends in Vic when it moved the goalposts on refund conditions last year….. and commercial operators/ Vail partners at Falls were blindsided by the modus operandi of the closure announcement, to the degree that some interested parties were canvassing class actions and caucusing with state actors on a resort ownership coup.

currawong

Old but not so Crusty
Ski Pass
Sep 17, 2003
Kiewa Valley
+1 has scanned a ticket on 3 separate days without actually skiing. will be pretty pissed if we need a refund and they are all counted. Gully chair at FC used to be free until this year. Very useful way of getting around the village on foot, but not at the price of day ticket

JayJee

Out of the frying pan into the fire
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Email reply:

Thank you for contacting the Epic Australia Pass team. Your Epic Coverage enquiry (444XX) has been received and is being reviewed by our Claims team.

We are currently experiencing a very high volume of enquiries, and thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to respond to your email as quickly as possible. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for further correspondence from our team.

If you have already submitted your claim form along with the required supporting documentation, there is no need to reach out, we will be in touch as quickly as possible to request additional information or provide you with a determination.

If you have not yet submitted your claim form or provided supporting documentation, we kindly request that you use the following link to provide all the information necessary for us to further assess your claim.

Please follow this link to submit an Epic Coverage Claim

Kind regards,

Epic Australia Pass Team

Reactions: Aractus

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
Vail didn’t make many friends in Vic when it moved the goalposts on refund conditions last year….. and commercial operators/ Vail partners at Falls were blindsided by the modus operandi of the closure announcement, to the degree that some interested parties were canvassing class actions and caucusing with state actors on a resort ownership coup.

Thanks for reminding me about that! Honestly half of that was due to the Vic government, but yes Vail made a decision (confirmed by Pete Brulisauer) to close the resorts for the season, and in my view it should have been up to the resorts not the parent company to make that decision.

Reactions: Chaeron

Pete Holden

Addicted
Aug 18, 2019
Here's the refund link if anyone is looking for it: https://www.epicaustraliapass.com.au/epic-coverage-claim-form

The link above states: You must submit your request for a Personal Event Refund within (30) days of when the Qualifying Personal Event arises. Untimely submissions may be rejected.

• General Sydney lockdown started on 27th of June.
  • 30-day continuous lockdown period (Epic qualifying refund period) will be triggered on 27th of July
Does this mean I must apply for refund before 24th of August? 24th of August is the last day counting 30 days from 27th of July.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
The link above states: You must submit your request for a Personal Event Refund within (30) days of when the Qualifying Personal Event arises. Untimely submissions may be rejected.

• 30-day continuous lockdown period (Epic qualifying refund period) will be triggered on 27th of July
Does this mean I must apply for refund before 24th of August? 24th of August is the last day counting 30 days from 27th of July.
I'd be really careful with that and suggest you check with them by email at your first opportunity as it may take a while for them to reply.

Reactions: crackson

Reetro

One of Us
Sep 7, 2017
Will be heading off by myself, work will come with me, Might have 3 weeks at half pay. Safe trip home, fair call.

Olgreg

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 21, 2011
Dolans Bay

My whole family is wondering about this. It’s a conundrum. Of it was to be 30 days from the announcement of the lockdown, not the expiry of the next 30 days, at what exact second would you have to claim a refund so as not to be late ? I’ll email and argue later.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
My whole family is wondering about this. It’s a conundrum. Of it was to be 30 days from the announcement of the lockdown, not the expiry of the next 30 days, at what exact second would you have to claim a refund so as not to be late ? I’ll email and argue later.
Would love to know as well. Surely it won’t kick in until 30 days of lockdown, so you have 30 days from end of July?

Still holding out that Sydney daughter might be able to use it in Aug/Sept.

Reactions: coolair and Donza

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Would love to know as well. Surely it won’t kick in until 30 days of lockdown, so you have 30 days from end of July?

Still holding out that Sydney daughter might be able to use it in Aug/Sept.
I’d do it immediately. I did. Gladys has announced lock down until July 30th which means an over 30 day period of lockdown 26th June to 30th July. You don’t need to supply any evidence or wait until July 30th, as the circumstances and outcome are obvious.

We will be in lockdown well last July 30th…

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I’d do it immediately. I did. Gladys has announced lock down until July 30th which means an over 30 day period of lockdown 26th June to 30th July. You don’t need to supply any evidence or wait until July 30th, as the outcome is obvious.
Yeah except, Still holding out that Sydney daughter might be able to use it Aug/Sept.

I want to hold off cancelling until as late as possible.

Mine is fine, I’ve already got 8 days.

Reactions: currawong

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Yeah except, Still holding out that Sydney daughter might be able to use it Aug/Sept.

September maybe. I don’t think we are getting out July 30…

Billy_Buttons

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Mar 25, 2011

Don't cancel till any announcement of further lockdowns. This is Gladys playing to Big Business, not for the health and wellbeing of her citizens.

Queen of the Ryche

First Runs
Jul 15, 2021
So, when we hit the 30 days in Sydney and go to make a claim for the refund, Epic state that we need to show proof and attach.
What is a 'genuine' proof item that you can attach to make the claim valid. The last thing I want to do is not attach 'proof' and after assessing the claim over 4 weeks with everyone else's, they use that as an out clause to not providing a refund, as no 'proof' was provided.....

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
So, when we hit the 30 days in Sydney and go to make a claim for the refund, Epic state that we need to show proof and attach.
What is a 'genuine' proof item that you can attach to make the claim valid. The last thing I want to do is not attach 'proof' and after assessing the claim over 4 weeks with everyone else's, they use that as an out clause to not providing a refund, as no 'proof' was provided.....
I’ve saved this

1F2C455B-B09A-41D6-BD16-678E7CF398FC.jpeg

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
You are overthinking it. The proof is the public stay at home order. It’s not like Vail isn’t going to refund anyone in Sydney without question…

Jonathan_P

One of Us
Ski Pass
Dec 22, 2018
Holding on to mine, hopefully get a Ski sometime before the end of the season.

Though last opportunity for me to use mine is mid September, can’t get leave in last two weeks of September :(

Olgreg

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 21, 2011
Dolans Bay
excerpt below from the acknowledgement email from perisher. So the 21 June is the key date.

Like @Skichic2 I’m hoping to get my value in late season if at all possible.

“Refunds will be provided to anyone who has been in the Greater Sydney region, including the Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour on or after 21 June and are subject to the current stay at home orders. Please note that any refunds requested will be processed over the coming weeks.”

BallyBar

First Runs
Jun 28, 2021
First time user of an epic pass. I was REALLY outraged at the Resort's misinformation. Headline Statement - YOU'RE COVERED FOR COVID! um.... not really. Buried in 1000 pages of terms and conditions, 30 days of COVID must happen. I was also bamboozled by this core trip stuff. I had no idea about this and found that it was poorly explained. Nothing about this during signup. possibly 2k down the drain for no service. I pretty much go a standard.. Thanks for your message, as per terms and conditions...... Yes, I admit that it is listed in 10000 pages of Legalese. but Headline statement is very misleading. CRAP company. Sigh.
Nominating core season was interesting. When signing up, I never saw anything from any field asking about core or non core season. Was it there? If not, I believe that this is a breach of Australian consumer law in that a company -
  • not mislead you or hide costs and other details from you
Of course, if it was there, My bad.

crackson

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Oct 20, 2006
Vail are going to rip you all off because that's what they do. They ripped off the northern hemisphere with this bs refund scam and now it's your turn.

Letting a us corporation full of scumbag bankers run Australian resorts was always going to result in them stealing your money every chance they got and there's sfa you can do about it.

Reactions: Bedeb and skull

skull

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2017
They really played the epic card here. Convincing people the epic pays for itself over 5 days or whatever it is. So you get the people who only do say a 7 day trip thinking I should get the epic because it is cheaper. Now Vail can say, there was plenty of other opportunities to use your pass, it isn't their fault you lived in wherever and the period you wanted to ski was during lockdown, you should have specified it.

Reactions: Bedeb and crackson

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
They really played the epic card here. Convincing people the epic pays for itself over 5 days or whatever it is. So you get the people who only do say a 7 day trip thinking I should get the epic because it is cheaper. Now Vail can say, there was plenty of other opportunities to use your pass, it isn't their fault you lived in wherever and the period you wanted to ski was during lockdown, you should have specified it.
?
I'm applicable for a full refund tomorrow.

Reactions: nezumi and Chaeron

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Nominating core season was interesting. When signing up, I never saw anything from any field asking about core or non core season. Was it there? If not, I believe that this is a breach of Australian consumer law in that a company -
  • not mislead you or hide costs and other details from you
Of course, if it was there, My bad.
The option was certainly there, I clicked on it.

Reactions: currawong

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
The option was certainly there, I clicked on it.
Yeah it didn't apply to me. As we intended using the pass for the season.
As it was . The resort (perisher) hasn't closed down. So the core season option isn't applicable.
Hotham and Falls on the other hand.

Reactions: Chaeron
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass