Epic Pass Refunds

teleroo

leaf blower aficionado
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
So what is the considered thinking on when to apply for Perisher refunds. I've clocked up 5 days (well 4.5 really) prior to 25 June (the last day possible for us to ski as we live in GSA). They were crowded busy early season days, but meh... But have not yet put in for refund in the hope of Sept skiing. But that now seems not likely. But...

I'm only up for a 30% refund or so in any case.

I'd be gutted if I put in for a refund and then in mid-Sept, off the back of good vacination rates, we were allowed to travel AND the resort was still functioning.

coolair

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2007
NSW
So what is the considered thinking on when to apply for Perisher refunds. I've clocked up 5 days (well 4.5 really) prior to 25 June (the last day possible for us to ski as we live in GSA). They were crowded busy early season days, but meh... But have not yet put in for refund in the hope of Sept skiing. But that now seems not likely. But...

I'm only up for a 30% refund or so in any case.

I'd be gutted if I put in for a refund and then in mid-Sept, off the back of good vacination rates, we were allowed to travel AND the resort was still functioning.
Shit happens.

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
Gladys was suggesting a relaxation of restrictions if we hit the vaccination targets by September. But I would think that those concessions would have been for haircuts and similar minor things. I'd be very surprised if she went as far as removing the lockdown. Cases would have to be down towards zero for that to happen. And September's only a couple of weeks away.
It's not going to happen. So go for your refund,

Reactions: teleroo

Ramus

Hard Yards
Jun 27, 2019
Someone posted in main Perisher trip report thread that we only have 60 days from when Sydney l.d. announced to claim Epic refund. I don't see the logic of that. If we ticked 'Persher - core season' option, then it should be when that end date has passed, (? Sept 12th) in case it were possible to get a few days late Sept?
I'm a realist and know I won't be travelling to slopes in Sept, but don't know why Vale would expect me to know what Gladys & Kerry claim is still hidden from them - i.e. extension of Sydney & NSW l.d.....
The 60 days period is referring to refund policy related to "personal event" which include lockdowns, so it goes like after 30 consecutive days of lockdown then you can apply to refund pending on day(s) used on the card. There is a time limit of 30 days to take up this option, countdown starts when 30 days lockdown is reached.

If we ticked 'Persher - core season' option, then it should be when that end date has passed, (? Sept 12th) in case it were possible to get a few days late Sept?
This one you mentioned actually belongs to resort closure event section within the policy. If you take up this option, then the amount refunded is depend on days perisher closed/australian core season days (79 days). Assume perisher closure is only 7 days, then it is 7/79=8.8% refund. Equally, there is time limit to action which is during October only.

Bedeb

Early Days
Jul 22, 2021
Milton
I totally agree to that you need to read terms and conditions before you book anything, but the fact that Perisher is only going to refund unused Epic Passes if the lockdown extends to 30 days or more is really shocking policy. Especially as they actively promote it to people booking single week holidays, citing the 5 day break even incentive. I imagine there are thousands of Sydney families who have booked a week in school holidays as that is their only practical opportunity to ski in any given season, and now that they are not allowed to travel to Perisher, will have no other opportunity to use their Epic Pass. (I am one of these people)

Losing $3K+ is a pretty big incentive to question your loyalty to the resort, which is incredibly unfortunate for a life-long Perisher skier. Hoping commonsense prevails here. (Or in my case the lockdown ends by next weekend)

I imagine they will cop some serious PR heat over this one.

What are people’s thoughts on this?
It's astounding and wrong!

Reactions: GlendaN

Bedeb

Early Days
Jul 22, 2021
Milton
Oh that's sad, I thought you only just got there.

Are you punting on the border closing, as I don't think it has yet but the Queensland government is certainly issuing warnings.
But how are you supposed to travel through the shut down areas to get there?

Reactions: GlendaN

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
If you selected Perisher and core season, I believe you’re now eligible for a refund. Calling all Qlders.
Yes I think you're right. I can't remember what I selected for resort although I'm hopeful I only selected Perisher as that's where we ski. Is there any way of checking short of applying for a refund. Having reread the full T and Cs its only a proportional refund so about a tenth if closure is not extended. Not sure we can enter Victoria in any case so all resorts are effectively closed off. Also, in relation to the Queensland border closure issue (if above doesn't apply) I would certainly have a go in arguing the closed border is comparable to a mandatory stay at home order given its not explicitly excluded and the Queensland Government have urged Queenslanders not to travel interstate. They paid out due to this last year although I realise the T and Cs are different. Their advertising appears misleading and deceptive if they interpret everything narrowly.

Last edited:

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
Yes I think you're right. I can't remember what I selected for resort although I'm hopeful I only selected Perisher as that's where we ski. Is there any way of checking short of applying for a refund. Having reread the full T and Cs its only a proportional refund so about a tenth if closure is not extended. Not sure we can enter Victoria in any case so all resorts are effectively closed off. Also, in relation to the Queensland border closure issue (if above doesn't apply) I would certainly have a go in arguing the closed border is comparable to a mandatory stay at home order given its not explicitly excluded and the Queensland Government have urged Queenslanders not to travel interstate. They paid out due to this last year although I realise the T and Cs are different. Their advertising appears misleading and deceptive if they interpret everything narrowly.
Log in to your EPIC Account and check the EPIC Coverage tab for each person.....

1629071359639.png

Reactions: Bedeb and GlendaN
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
Put in my refund request this week. I didn't read the instructions properly so stuffed it up on my first try by attaching my drivers licence to prove my residency.
Put in another application with a utility bill. I've received acknowledgement emails for both applications.
I hope they don't get confused and disallow both.:oops:

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
I know this is not an Epic matter but I just applied to cancel September lift tickets and got a human confirmation of acceptance in under 30 minutes.

Maybe they are working backwards through the pile.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I know this is not an Epic matter but I just applied to cancel September lift tickets and got a human confirmation of acceptance in under 30 minutes.

Maybe they are working backwards through the pile.
Nah, day tickets and lessons have been quick all the time. It's the season passes that are slow.

bradw

Hard Yards
Sep 9, 2003
Sydney
Sure, I understand.

It must be hurting their cash flow.

I'm surprised they haven't offered a roll over to next year, which many of us may have taken if on the same conditions.
They've probably insured for this to some extent. That would require refunds as opposed to rollovers.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
You haven't seen what next year's prices are going to be.
That’s my concern. Refund instead of rollover because prices are going premium.

Ikon aren’t rolling over as such, it a credit to apply against next year’s pass. Luckily they offset the price increase with an equal discount this year. But not sure what will happen with my daughter’s pass next year, as she will move from student price to adult. I asked and was refused a refund many times :(

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
They've probably insured for this to some extent. That would require refunds as opposed to rollovers.
Maybe, although getting insurance for anything COVID related could have been challenging.

Val Desire

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2018
Lindfield NSW
I'm claiming one adult and one student pass. I don't have proof of address (other than driver's license) for the yr 12 student. I'm assuming they will accept my p.o.a - utility bill- & know he is co-resident? Or should I submit copy of his license?
If anyone has tips, would be grateful.

skichic

Old n' Crusty
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
I'm claiming one adult and one student pass. I don't have proof of address (other than driver's license) for the yr 12 student. I'm assuming they will accept my p.o.a - utility bill- & know he is co-resident? Or should I submit copy of his license?
If anyone has tips, would be grateful.
I‘d send his drivers licence if there’s nothing else. Does he have a bank account? Student ID? Tax return? Letter from school?

Reactions: Val Desire

coolair

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2007
NSW
Submitted our request 2x epic passes on Wednesday, uploaded rates notice as requested, got an email yesterday saying refund is approved and will be back on my card in 5 to 7 days. 2 day turn around for us, pretty impressive, I was expecting a much longer wait.
lucky, submitted every thing around a month ago, all I have is an auto email saying sorry we are
too busy or similar, just checked the CC , no refund yet.

Luckett

First Runs
Aug 23, 2021
So clearly it's not a matter of them being busy if someone who submitted a week ago was approved immediately, I submitted my refund request 2 months ago, recieved an auto-reply from them confirming my request was received then heard nothing since, I've emailed them 6 times and have had zero response. I really don't want to go to ACCC but will have to pretty soon.

Can those of you who have had your refunds already please let us know how long it took and what details you provided?

steeps

One of Us
May 8, 2006
I'm a proud New South Welshman
So clearly it's not a matter of them being busy if someone who submitted a week ago was approved immediately, I submitted my refund request 2 months ago, recieved an auto-reply from them confirming my request was received then heard nothing since, I've emailed them 6 times and have had zero response. I really don't want to go to ACCC but will have to pretty soon.

Can those of you who have had your refunds already please let us know how long it took and what details you provided?
Just send a complaint via my previously posted ACCC link. It is unacceptable to be waiting so long after an auto generated email. Vail and the entity of Perisher Blue. We know you read this posts. Not good enough. Time to apply maximum pressure for money you damn well know you owe us. Lock down since late June. Pull your finger out of you know where.

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
They seem to be treating EPICs differently. Two of my friends with Over 70s season passes have been successful after only applying last Saturday week. All friends with multi day tickets have been refunded.
Yet myself and another friend with EPICs have only received acknowledgement emails after applying using the link supplied in the Perisher email. Utility bills were attached as evidence.

Gumbo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2000
Wollongong N.S.W
They seem to be treating EPICs differently. Two of my friends with Over 70s season passes have been successful after only applying last Saturday week. All friends with multi day tickets have been refunded.
Yet myself and another friend with EPICs have only received acknowledgement emails after applying using the link supplied in the Perisher email. Utility bills were attached as evidence.
Maybe they are trying to hold out till they offer next seasons pass to try and keep the refunds off the books. Maybe they will offer rollovers

Reactions: Jonathan_P

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
Given the huge number of EPIC pass holders who would be wanting refunds I was quite prepared to wait a reasonable time for mine. I expect that checking the validity of each one manually would be an incredibly time consuming process.
But now that I'm hearing more and more of all these other people who've been refunded in a matter of just a few days I'm beginning to get p'ed off.
Do they have any logical procedure for processing these claims? It doesn't seem so!

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
Which is around about the time frame I would have expected when you consider the number of pass holders affected by this years lockdowns.
So why the inconsistency?

coolair

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2007
NSW
lucky, submitted every thing around a month ago, all I have is an auto email saying sorry we are
too busy or similar, just checked the CC , no refund yet.
After supplying additional documents I will be getting a refund of $609.xx
that means the two days on the opening weekend cost $125per day, My Daughter came out
in front , skied the same two days for $202 for a 2 day tic ,7 days or so in advance. At least it is a good deposit for next season.

Donza

Dogs body...
Platinum
Apr 21, 2004
woonona
Titama (Epic Australia Pass)

24 Aug 2021, 15:38 GMT+10

Hi D.

Thank you for submitting your Epic Coverage refund request and for your patience as we work through a high volume of enquiries.

Under Epic Coverage we have approved your refund request based on a Stay-at-Home Order.
Refund %
100%
100%
100%

Fast Eddie

One of Us
Jul 27, 2015
I received the evidence request email after a month or so of waiting. Submitted rates notice so assuming the approval shouldn’t be too much longer.

Reactions: Jonathan_P
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass