Epic Pass Refunds

Goski

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 25, 2013
Melbourne
My family of 2A2C used our passes for 5 days in the July school hols so we'll get maybe 10-15% back if the Vic lockdown goes for 30 days (very likely) or more plus two weeks of earlier closures at our nominated resort, Hotham. Does make those 5 days at Falls expensive ski pass days but at least we got to enjoy that week. A week or a few days at the tail end would be great but I am doubtful now that Vail will reopen lifts in Vic. I'll be patient with getting a refund, the Oz Vail staff will be overwhelmed.

Olgreg

One of Us
Ski Pass
May 21, 2011
Dolans Bay
Son in law applied for a refund 10 August, just got it processed today. Perisher asked for more proof of address, something with a date on it, then instantly put it through.

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
Son in law applied for a refund 10 August, just got it processed today. Perisher asked for more proof of address, something with a date on it, then instantly put it through.
Must be getting close - my application was 13/8/21.

almontyrat

One of Us
Ski Pass
Apr 16, 2005
Lachlan, Tasmania
OK, applied under resort closure. I don't like my chances as I was core season and all resorts so technically, I could have skied at Perisher earlier in the season. The fact that I am a Falls/Hotham only skier and had my first three week and then second three week bookings stymied by the Vic lockdowns is possibly just my bad luck.

I will not hold my breath....

BammBamm

Hard Yards
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
OK, applied under resort closure. I don't like my chances as I was core season and all resorts so technically, I could have skied at Perisher earlier in the season. The fact that I am a Falls/Hotham only skier and had my first three week and then second three week bookings stymied by the Vic lockdowns is possibly just my bad luck.

I will not hold my breath....

In T&C's if all 3 resorts are closed for 7 consecutive days (This Sunday) you'll be entitled to a refund. Not sure how much but I'm in the same boat. GL

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

coolair

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 10, 2007
NSW
Similar with me, the rates notice I forwarded was from 2020, they wanted 2021
Although I dont think it was date stipulated in the refund aplication.

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
They seem to be treating EPICs differently. Two of my friends with Over 70s season passes have been successful after only applying last Saturday week. All friends with multi day tickets have been refunded.
Yet myself and another friend with EPICs have only received acknowledgement emails after applying using the link supplied in the Perisher email. Utility bills were attached as evidence.
Do you know if the basis for the Over 70s season pass refund is the same ie stay at home/ resort closure?

Last edited:

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
about 15 days?

Not me as I've used my 7 days!

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 14-13-40 Perisher Dashboard.png

It may not be much, but I regret nothing!

amyannick

Hard Yards
Jan 2, 2021
Not me as I've used my 7 days!
The # of days skied only applies if you are asking for a refund under the personal event clause or if you selected the specific week option. At least that is how I read it. If you selected core season, then I'm pretty sure you get back a percentage based on how many days they are closed, regardless of whether you skied every day before that.

I assumed I wasn't going to get any money back too, and honestly was totally fine with that and thought it was fair, but then I reread the T&C's. I feel a little guilty about asking for a refund given that I got reasonable use out of my pass. On the other hand, they are probably insured.

If I do get money back, I am going to reinvest it in some small Australian ski businesses, same with money I had put aside for lessons etc.

Reactions: Aractus and GlenH

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
Do you know if the basis for the Over 70s season pass refund is the same ie stay at home/ resort closure?
I don't know if the same options were available to the Over 70s season passholders as were promoted to EPIC passholders. Closure of the resort would obviously activate claims. But as far as the local lockdowns having the same outcomes I'm not sure.

Reactions: GlendaN

GlendaN

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 9, 2015
I don't know if the same options were available to the Over 70s season passholders as were promoted to EPIC passholders. Closure of the resort would obviously activate claims. But as far as the local lockdowns having the same outcomes I'm not sure.
Thanks anyway I'll see what Perisher says

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
The # of days skied only applies if you are asking for a refund under the personal event clause or if you selected the specific week option. At least that is how I read it. If you selected core season, then I'm pretty sure you get back a percentage based on how many days they are closed, regardless of whether you skied every day before that.

I assumed I wasn't going to get any money back too, and honestly was totally fine with that and thought it was fair, but then I reread the T&C's. I feel a little guilty about asking for a refund given that I got reasonable use out of my pass. On the other hand, they are probably insured.

If I do get money back, I am going to reinvest it in some small Australian ski businesses, same with money I had put aside for lessons etc.
Interesting. Need to look into that. I’ve had 12 days, so paid for I guess, though the plan was closer to 30 days.

Fast Eddie

One of Us
Jul 27, 2015
Perisher/Vail loves a process. After requesting evidence of my home address, I now receive a request for evidence of my wife's address. (with the same surname) Waiting for subsequent requests for each of my kids.

Reactions: Chaeron

amyannick

Hard Yards
Jan 2, 2021
Interesting. Need to look into that. I’ve had 12 days, so paid for I guess, though the plan was closer to 30 days.
Yeah please let me know if you read it differently. It sounded too generous to me when I first read it.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Yeah please let me know if you read it differently. It sounded too generous to me when I first read it.
That’s how I read it too. I would have chosen core season, but can’t remember if I specified Perisher or not. Can’t see where that is on my account either.

But if you chose core season and Perisher, and Perisher is closed for say 30 days, you’ll get 30/79 or 38% refund. But if you chose all resorts core season is 209 days.

i. Australian Core Season: 79 available days
ii. Northern Hemisphere Core Season: 130 available days
iii. Australian Core Season and Northern Hemisphere Core Season: 209 available days

Refund window is all of October or all of May. Given there’s no way I’m getting to the northern hemisphere, I’ll lodge a claim in October.

So all those people in non lockdown states that couldn’t ski due to returning quarantine are eligible for some refund at least.

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
So how does this work for people locked down in the ACT with perisher as their nominated Hill?

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
So how does this work for people locked down in the ACT with perisher as their nominated Hill?

I've submitted one today, though given technically it hasn't been 30 days since the beginning of lock down it will be interesting to see if they say come back later or not.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Pro rata refund of number of days Perisher closed/days in core season. Apply in October. Doesn’t matter how many days used. I linked further back.

Reactions: fenrir

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
Pro rata refund of number of days Perisher closed/days in core season. Apply in October. Doesn’t matter how many days used. I linked further back.
God bless that sneaky covid pooper from the ACT who shut down the lifts, although I would much rather be skiing.

Reactions: skull

bradw

Hard Yards
Sep 9, 2003
Sydney
Same as Bananax. Received my 86% refund yesterday - no email yet.

We were on the mountain for ½ day on the opening weekend. We only skied for about 20 minutes - the rest was waiting in lift queues. It was just long enough to decide I liked a pair of skis I was demo'ing. Bought a new set and haven't been able to use them.

At least I didn't miss the season completely.

• Haha
Reactions: snowgum and Chaeron

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra

Wow. I think you're right! Good thing other people are here to tell me I'm wrong, I'll apply in October.

It sure beats my three hours and 11 runs....

Ouch! Yeah.

Reactions: Chaeron

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra

It depends if you've used your pass or not. If you used your pass for 4 days or less apply under Personal Refund Event. If you've used 5 days ore more then apply under Resort Closure Event in October.

The core season is 26 June to 12 September 2021. Perisher closed on 15 August, so assuming they don't re-open until the 13th of September or later (or not at all) that will mean a total of 28 days closed or 35.44% of the core season. So anyone who selected Perisher and Core Season is eligible for that amount:

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 07-14-41 Epic Australia Pass.png

But if you used 4 days or fewer you'll get a higher refund if you're eligible under Personal Refund Event due to the ACT's Stay-At-Home order. So taking the early $859 purchase price - under the core season we should be eligible for $304.43 refunded, but under a Personal Refund Event for 4 days you'd be eligible for 43% which is $369.37 and 5 days used and Personal Refund Event would be 28% = $240.52. I've definitely lost way more than 1/3rd of my season, but I'll be very happy with $300 and that is perfectly reasonable really.

The one thing I'll note is that even reading it last year and not fully wrapping my head around everything it's clear that selecting "All Resorts" disadvantages the purchaser for refund eligibility. It's kind of there as a fall-back because if you're from Queensland or Tasmania or somewhere else around the country they can't be expected to read your mind and understand what resort you actually intend to ski at this year. Even a number of Sydney people I'm sure intend to ski exclusively at Victoria and so-on.

With a bit of luck this will all be behind us next year.

Reactions: snowgum and fenrir

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
It depends if you've used your pass or not. If you used your pass for 4 days or less apply under Personal Refund Event. If you've used 5 days ore more then apply under Resort Closure Event in October.

The core season is 26 June to 12 September 2021. Perisher closed on 15 August, so assuming they don't re-open until the 13th of September or later (or not at all) that will mean a total of 28 days closed or 35.44% of the core season. So anyone who selected Perisher and Core Season is eligible for that amount:

Screenshot 2021-09-01 at 07-14-41 Epic Australia Pass.png

But if you used 4 days or fewer you'll get a higher refund if you're eligible under Personal Refund Event due to the ACT's Stay-At-Home order. So taking the early $859 purchase price - under the core season we should be eligible for $304.43 refunded, but under a Personal Refund Event for 4 days you'd be eligible for 43% which is $369.37 and 5 days used and Personal Refund Event would be 28% = $240.52. I've definitely lost way more than 1/3rd of my season, but I'll be very happy with $300 and that is perfectly reasonable really.

The one thing I'll note is that even reading it last year and not fully wrapping my head around everything it's clear that selecting "All Resorts" disadvantages the purchaser for refund eligibility. It's kind of there as a fall-back because if you're from Queensland or Tasmania or somewhere else around the country they can't be expected to read your mind and understand what resort you actually intend to ski at this year. Even a number of Sydney people I'm sure intend to ski exclusively at Victoria and so-on.

With a bit of luck this will all be behind us next year.
Thanks, I'll take $300 as it makes the cost per day about what it should have been. Still rather be skiing but anything back at this stage would ease the pain.

Reactions: snowgum and Aractus

cornice12

First Runs
Sep 2, 2021
can anybody remind me when did the victorian resorts closed again? i ticked core, all aust resorts.

Aractus

One of Us
Sep 5, 2018
Canberra
There's a list of lockdown dates on Wikipedia, so from August 21, and before that 5-10 August. Unfortunately the 5-10 Aug doesn't overlap so it'll 23/79 days you'd be eligible for a refund under Resort Closure Event (assuming both lockdowns don't end before 12 Sept) so 23.7% which is $203.58.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass