Epic Pass Refunds

Slalom

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
can anybody remind me when did the victorian resorts closed again? i ticked core, all aust resorts.
Thursday August 5th @ 8pm. Melbourne haven't been able to access Regional since that date.
30 days would be this Saturday. I'm in the same boat.
I think someone posted that it was better to wait until the 13th Sep before requesting a refund, as this was the last day considered core season.
Have I got that right?

Reactions: Chaeron

Deanski

Addicted
Jun 26, 2017
Cronulla
Anyone successfully called Perisher by phone?? I applied for my and my wife's refund on the 28th of July. Received a single acknowledgement email only. No refund, no updates, nothing since. Tried calling the 1300 number only to be told be a recorded message that only email communication is available. If anyone has a number where I can call them and ask just what the #$% ck is going on it would be appreciated. Sick of it. They are so quick to TAKE your money.

ec1638

First Runs
Sep 3, 2021
Hi All,
Same boat here, I reside in Sydney Northern Beaches. Greater Sydney COVID-19 Lockdown since 26 Jun 2021 until now and more to go; who knows??
EPIC Passes for myself and my 2 sons have never been used, I lodged the Refund Applications on 30 Jul 2021; I only received confirmation of "Refund Application Received and delay due to high volumes of applications", etc.
Up to now, it has been over a month without any direct personal contact for processing the applications. I also sent multiple emails just wanted to hear some responses, same system generated emails. It is absolutely horrid.
I have been an EPIC Pass Members for the last few years and was really happy with the customers service. But this refund applications experience is completely disgraceful.
Their Customer Services is not acceptable from any standard. I certainly will reconsider to be a member with Vail Resort/EPIC Pass for the coming years.
Good Luck to everyone.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
People's results with refund timeframes seem to be very inconsistent. Vail would probably have helped their image if they could have processed them sequentially.

teleroo

<\unencrypted>
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
People's results with refund timeframes seem to be very inconsistent. Vail would probably have helped their image if they could have processed them sequentially.
Have you enquired? Sometimes things slip through cracks in a large beuracracy.

Deanski

Addicted
Jun 26, 2017
Cronulla
Hi All,
Same boat here, I reside in Sydney Northern Beaches. Greater Sydney COVID-19 Lockdown since 26 Jun 2021 until now and more to go; who knows??
EPIC Passes for myself and my 2 sons have never been used, I lodged the Refund Applications on 30 Jul 2021; I only received confirmation of "Refund Application Received and delay due to high volumes of applications", etc.
Up to now, it has been over a month without any direct personal contact for processing the applications. I also sent multiple emails just wanted to hear some responses, same system generated emails. It is absolutely horrid.
I have been an EPIC Pass Members for the last few years and was really happy with the customers service. But this refund applications experience is completely disgraceful.
Their Customer Services is not acceptable from any standard. I certainly will reconsider to be a member with Vail Resort/EPIC Pass for the coming years.
Good Luck to everyone.
Same here. I have emailed them asking for an update and also gone through the entire processing of submitting our claims again and to this day both my wife and I have received nothing more than the auto generated acknowledgement. Almost 6 weeks now and no refund for either of us. Its a joke.

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
Really strange, the inconsistency with the refunds. Lodged mine got the full refund in 10 days.:thumbs::thumbs: That was just over a week ago.
A mate lodged his the same day. Exactly the same circumstances as mine. He still hasn't received his. This is a typical story. As has been said you'd wonder why they haven't processed all claims in chronological sequence.

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
Got this email last Friday....
#######################################################################
Thank you for updating your enquiry.

Due to a high volume of enquiries, we are experiencing significant delays in processing times and thank you for patience.

Our Guest Services team will be in touch as soon as possible with a determination or request for further information.

Kind regards,
Epic Australia Pass Team

But I don't recall updating anything to do with my claim since I lodged it online 2 weeks prior.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the notice. Makes me feel like something is happening.

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

ec1638

First Runs
Sep 3, 2021

Due to a high volume of enquiries, we are experiencing significant delays in processing times and thank you for patience.

Our Guest Services team will be in touch as soon as possible with a determination or request for further information.

Kind regards,
Epic Australia Pass Team

But I don't recall updating anything to do with my claim since I lodged it online 2 weeks prior.

Nevertheless, I appreciate the notice. Makes me feel like something is happening.
Hi there,
I received a similar email more than a month ago, then with no progress and no news for the past 4 weeks, I sent them more emails, even I sent email to Vail Resort; they just ignored my email. What a great customer service that Perisher provides.
Good luck to the one with the similar situations.

ec1638

First Runs
Sep 3, 2021
Same here. I have emailed them asking for an update and also gone through the entire processing of submitting our claims again and to this day both my wife and I have received nothing more than the auto generated acknowledgement. Almost 6 weeks now and no refund for either of us. Its a joke.
Hi there,
It is purely unacceptable. I think we should voice it further to make them realise what they are doing is a pathetic from a big organisation. People will just walkaway. Really poor standard. Good Luck to you and me.

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013
Hi there,
I received a similar email more than a month ago, then with no progress and no news for the past 4 weeks, I sent them more emails, even I sent email to Vail Resort; they just ignored my email. What a great customer service that Perisher provides.
yep - same result. Crap service I'm afraid

Reactions: JayJee

sixty_eight

One of Us
Feb 18, 2009
NSW
At the moment, Perisher have offered to give me 100% of my money back. My accommodation (not Perisher) only offered me a limited credit. I know who I am happier with at the moment.

I have only ever encountered friendly, helpful customer service over the years I have been dealing with Perisher. I am happy to cut them some slack in these strange times (as long as they come through in the end :)).

gaz35

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 9, 2013
Remember that they won't have many staff, they are probably working from home, and probably don't have the access to systems they usually do.

It's a very unusual situation.
their systems work fine when it comes to extracting money from you. they promoted the cover, hey should quickly honour it and have the common courtesy of responding to their customers

robbo mcs

A Local
Ski Pass
Sep 1, 2008
Kenthurst / Jindabyne
their systems work fine when it comes to extracting money from you. they promoted the cover, hey should quickly honour it and have the common courtesy of responding to their customers
Well actually …. Each year, if peruse the forum, there are posts from people worried and asking what to do when the money has not been taken from their credit card when the Epic pass payment was due. There was actually a lot this year. So their system certainly has glitches extracting money from you as well. Same complaints about that as well, unable to contact them, no response to emails etc.

Gumbo

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jun 4, 2000
Wollongong N.S.W
Well actually …. Each year, if peruse the forum, there are posts from people worried and asking what to do when the money has not been taken from their credit card when the Epic pass payment was due. There was actually a lot this year. So their system certainly has glitches extracting money from you as well. Same complaints about that as well, unable to contact them, no response to emails etc.
This happens every year. Having to chase them as they seem to never take final payment out.
Submitted my paperwork for refunds on 5 passes 27th Aug and refunds issued yesterday. So I can’t complain at all

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney

Kind regards,
Epic Australia Pass Team

I got the same email even though I hadn't updated my enquiry. The good news for you may be that only a couple of days after receiving the email I got the refund.

Reactions: sixty_eight

asammut_au

Addicted
Apr 2, 2008
I got the same email even though I hadn't updated my enquiry. The good news for you may be that only a couple of days after receiving the email I got the refund.
Same here. I hadn't updated anything and received that email a few days ago which was around 3-4 weeks after submitting a refund request. 2-3 days later the money was back in my account with no further correspondence received.

Reactions: SnowRabbit

cornice12

First Runs
Sep 2, 2021
Thursday August 5th @ 8pm. Melbourne haven't been able to access Regional since that date.
30 days would be this Saturday. I'm in the same boat.
I think someone posted that it was better to wait until the 13th Sep before requesting a refund, as this was the last day considered core season.
Have I got that right?
Thanks. just checking is this the date the lifts stopped turning in Victoria though?

Slalom

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
Jun 17, 2013
Melbourne
Thanks. just checking is this the date the lifts stopped turning in Victoria though?
Lifts stopped spinning on the Saturday afternoon of August 21st.
They were only running for Regional visitors at that stage. Melbourne was already locked out.

Reactions: cornice12

Luckett

First Runs
Aug 23, 2021
Finally got my refund a few days ago. That makes it about 7-8 weeks between submitting and getting any response. I gave them a week to respond to my request or I'd be contacting the ACCC and they refunded me on the final day of that.....

Only issue is they never told me they did the refund, didn't contact me at all, so I submitted a complaint to the ACCC about it and emailed Perisher to let them know that I had, then the next day an actual human being finally responded to me (for the first time).

BUT they didn't refund any of my season pass for the SkiTube, has anyone else purchased one of those with their Epic Pass and got that refunded? Or have I just outright lost that $200?!

Seriously don't think I'll ever buy another season pass with Perisher, never had any issues with Thredbo.

teleroo

<\unencrypted>
Ski Pass
Jun 19, 2019
Illawarra
Finally got my refund a few days ago. That makes it about 7-8 weeks between submitting and getting any response. I gave them a week to respond to my request or I'd be contacting the ACCC and they refunded me on the final day of that.....

Only issue is they never told me they did the refund, didn't contact me at all, so I submitted a complaint to the ACCC about it and emailed Perisher to let them know that I had, then the next day an actual human being finally responded to me (for the first time).

BUT they didn't refund any of my season pass for the SkiTube, has anyone else purchased one of those with their Epic Pass and got that refunded? Or have I just outright lost that $200?!

Seriously don't think I'll ever buy another season pass with Perisher, never had any issues with Thredbo.
I don't think I got any season pass refund tbh. Used for two return trips.

SAL

One of Us
Ski Pass
Feb 11, 2002
Sydney
Sorry if this has been answered but got my refund the other day - all apart from the original $49 deposit. Was the deposit refundable?

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Sorry if this has been answered but got my refund the other day - all apart from the original $49 deposit. Was the deposit refundable?
Mine came in seperate refunds. But the deposit first.

Reactions: SAL

JayJee

Out of the frying pan into the fire
Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Where’s my money Perisher? Claim has been in since July 14. 0 days skiing.

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Definitely got the deposit back on both our passes. 1 transaction for my adult pass and a 2nd transaction for my 16yo son's student pass.

Vail are slime bags. I’ve given them 10 days to refund before I start legal proceedings.

Utterly unconscionable and disgraceful conduct.

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011

Yes it is. Draft a letter of demand. Let the ACCC know. These guys are a walking, talking class action in the making.

Reactions: SAL

fenrir

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 23, 2010
We all knew this after reading the terms and conditions. The $49 isn't a deposit it's a first installment payment. You probably will get your money back but it's going to take a while to process everything, and no amount of threatening will make them expedite their processes. As long as they pay it back eventually the ACCC won't give a shit.

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011

Common courtesy not common.

Vail has made many seemingly false representations about EPIC coverage, Plan Your Season with Confidence, etc.

And haven’t returned people’s money. Or have returned it in part. Plain and simple. Textbook unconscionable conduct.

Reactions: kew1

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
At the moment, Perisher have offered to give me 100% of my money back. My accommodation (not Perisher) only offered me a limited credit. I know who I am happier with at the moment.

I have only ever encountered friendly, helpful customer service over the years I have been dealing with Perisher. I am happy to cut them some slack in these strange times (as long as they come through in the end :)).

Seen any money yet? Sorry, but you are being cynically and deliberately played.

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Hi there,

They are cynically trying to hang on to the money as long as they can. They don’t give a hoot about you or your patronage, just the interest they can earn on your money before having to grudgingly pay it back.

Consider this behaviour next time you’re thinking about what resort to spend your money with. I know I will.

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
They are cynically trying to hang on to the money as long as they can. They don’t give a hoot about you or your patronage, just the interest they can earn on your money before having to grudgingly pay it back.

Consider this behaviour next time you’re thinking about what resort to spend your money with. I know I will.
Enjoy Thredbo. If nothing else, the last 18 months has taught me patience. The number of things cancelled and waiting times for refunds, it all turns up eventually. Some longer than others (looking at you Qantas).

Last edited:

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
They don’t give a hoot about you or your patronage, just the interest they can earn on your money before having to grudgingly pay it back.
If they are earning interest on my money they know a better bank than mine.

Anyway to answer an earlier question I got my Skitube component back recently. I had actually paid for that seperately as a later add on.

I'm sure I'll get the rest back soon.

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
If they are earning interest on my money they know a better bank than mine.
So small minded.

Vail Resorts cash on hand for the quarter ending April 30, 2021 was $USD1.356B, a 175.06% increase year-over-year.

And yes they earn more on their money than you do.

Golf

First Runs
Sep 5, 2021
Hello I put in an application for a refund on the 4th July and now its the 5th of September over 2 months and still nothing from Epic. We did get our money back from Perisher straight away for ski hire etc. I also sent an email to their USA - media contact on their website, but no response? I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC...there is no communication at all from these people......it doesn't matter how many times you contact them. Has anyone got their money back for the epic passes? Their coverage is so misleading as they promote it as insurance the and 30 days has well and truly passed for Perisher now but still no response or $$$ back?

Reactions: kew1

skichic

Part of the Furniture
Ski Pass
May 26, 2003
Hello I put in an application for a refund on the 4th July and now its the 5th of September over 2 months and still nothing from Epic. We did get our money back from Perisher straight away for ski hire etc. I also sent an email to their USA - media contact on their website, but no response? I have lodged a complaint with the ACCC...there is no communication at all from these people......it doesn't matter how many times you contact them. Has anyone got their money back for the epic passes? Their coverage is so misleading as they promote it as insurance the and 30 days has well and truly passed for Perisher now but still no response or $$$ back?
Have you read this thread?

Last edited:

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
Enjoy Thredbo. If nothing else, the last 18 months has taught me patience. The number of things cancelled and waiting times for refunds, it all turns up eventually. Some longer than others (looking at you Qantas).
Sorry I don’t have patience with a company that has 1.8 billion in cash at bank and doesn’t refund. It’s completely shit.

GlenH

One of Us
Ski Pass
Aug 13, 2007
The refunds process seems very inconsistent. I've seen on the Perisher Facebook group that a number of people have received Epic refunds recently and some of us have here too, yet others have been waiting extreme lengths of time.

D-eye

Photographer and skier
Ski Pass
Jan 21, 2001
Canberra
deyephotography.com
Message received this morning, refund approved. Money to arrive in 5 to 7 days, full amount probably in multiple payments to match in initial card payments.

SMS and email. Using Zendesk, so maybe they've been upgrading the system they use.

I submitted on 31/8 when the lockdown extension was announced to 17/9. The 30 day lockdown provision triggers on 10/9 according to one section of the email (the email contains the ticket trail). That part looks as though it should have been a separate email which I didn't receive, so there could be other technical issues in play at their end

Val Desire

One of Us
Ski Pass
Jul 12, 2018
Lindfield NSW
All the unhappy posters still waiting: did you submit via suggested link sent by Perisher/Vail? Why did so many apply so early? We only found out about Sydney extended lockdown at end of August, then regional lockdown shortly after. Fair that Perisher held off to point of no return for the season, imo. I submitted refund app via link in email they sent and all back on my card two weeks later.

SnowRabbit

One of Us
Feb 13, 2017
Sydney
Everyone in my circle of friends who have requested a refund using the application via the link in the email sent out by Vail/Perisher has received the full amount claimed within 2 weeks of submitting the claim.
I can't understand why others in this thread are still waiting after, in some cases, a month and a half. It makes no sense.

Reactions: Val Desire

Crawf

Addicted
Aug 13, 2017
Melbourne
Sorry I don’t have patience with a company that has 1.8 billion in cash at bank and doesn’t refund. It’s completely shit.
They don't have $1.8b in cash at bank. That number quoted appears inconsistent with their annual reports. They do however have a debt of circa $2.4b, therefore they they aren't so much as earning interest as not paying it.
Most businesses are slower on the way out, to help manage cashflow.
All statements of fact, rather than opinion.

JayJee

Ski Pass
Jul 4, 2011
They don't have $1.8b in cash at bank. That number quoted appears inconsistent with their annual reports. They do however have a debt of circa $2.4b, therefore they they aren't so much as earning interest as not paying it.
Most businesses are slower on the way out, to help manage cashflow.
All statements of fact, rather than opinion.
Here you go. Do you need help with the currency conversion as well? :rolleyes:

Remove ads with a
Ski Pass

or Log in using
Remove ads with a
Ski Pass